Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    What is preventing you from reinstalling the program? I know of nothing that would prevent this unless you removed an on device homebrew installer or no longer have access to WebOSQuickInstall
    I didn't try the WebOSQuickInstall and, for some reason, I can't get Homebrew (File Coaster) to load (the rotating circle just keeps spinning around and around). I tried installing via URL and I also tried via Preload, it said I didn't have enough space (I still have 5.something gigs of space). I'll try WebOSQuickInstall.

Edit: Success!
    Last edited by egingell; 11/20/2009 at 01:58 AM.
    problems with low volume on notifications?

go into the messaging app, while browsing the available ringtones, hit a "play" button, then hit the up volume button on the side of the pre; this increases the volume while it is playing and seems to keep that setting. at least this seems to have fixed the low volume issue for me.
    Last edited by fhelvie; 11/26/2009 at 10:13 AM.
    When I try to change the notification or alert sounds, it points to my ring tone folder. Is there a way to change this or do I need to download all my event sounds into the ringtone folder?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by motionless View Post
    When I try to change the notification or alert sounds, it points to my ring tone folder. Is there a way to change this or do I need to download all my event sounds into the ringtone folder?
    Easy solution is to put them in the ringtone folder. You could also edit the app to change the directory where it searches for the files.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Can the 'My Noyification' app create sound profiles that save the
    ringtone volumes etc and ringtones assigned. The user can then select a pre saved sound profile from a dropdown list and apply it, including wallpaper.
    yeah i use tonzr too for my ringtones and so far they are the best and its free!
    Oh really! I never knew that.
    Q. Where can I get awesome Ringtones?
    A. There are many awesome ringtone websites out there, check out Tonzr the developer of that site is a Palm Pre User as well. Also check out this thread, with links to millions of ringtones and how to make your own.

I use tonzr for my ringtones. They are very easy to use and they got a lot of collections to choose. The best of it is that its free!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    The My Notifications app still doesnt allow you to differentiate between the noise of an email arriving and a true notification, does it?

As such my 'new email' tone sounds when I plug my USB cable in for charging...

Essentially, is it possible for me to have:

- New SMS and New Email to be the same tone
    - Calendar notification to be seperate tone
    - System notification to be seperate
    - Ringone of course to be different

?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    The My Notifications app still doesnt allow you to differentiate between the noise of an email arriving and a true notification, does it?

As such my 'new email' tone sounds when I plug my USB cable in for charging...

Essentially, is it possible for me to have:

- New SMS and New Email to be the same tone
    - Calendar notification to be seperate tone
    - System notification to be seperate
    - Ringone of course to be different

?
    from what I understand, the only option i have found is "SMS tone per contact"
    It gives you seperate tone for messages, notifications, and the alerts (accessed through "sounds and ringtones"). AND also lets you set a specific tone for a text from specific contact.

I am not aware if there is a way to seperate the calendat tones.

BTW - I found that you can change the default SMS tone by the top menu in the main messaging card (preferences and accts), even without this app.
    hey i hav succesfully downloaded and installed the app but it doesnt play the songs all the way through1 and dont no y?
    yes i am having the same problem. (my notification)app is dowloaded in my phone but its still only playing the song i put for about 3 seconds!!!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papo09 View Post
    yes i am having the same problem. (my notification)app is dowloaded in my phone but its still only playing the song i put for about 3 seconds!!!
    Well considering this app hasn't been updated in many months (because outside of new features which I don't have time to do, it's worked just fine), there must have been a change in the way Palm is handling alerts and notification tones.

I would try adding one of the patches from Preware that does the same function as this app and see if it behaves the same.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    thank you. im going to try and download it again and see what happens
    I've installed this app with WebOSQuickInstall and it looked like everything worked, found device, installing dialog came and went, but the icon does not appear. What have I done wrong?
    hey guys.... great thread. New Palm Pre Plus user here.

I have a question.

My work requires me to be on call 24-7. When I have an emergency to respond to, I receive a text message from a dispatch. Obviously.... I need a remider/notification that will rouse me from my slumber.

Ideally..... I would like an SMS notification alert I could assign just to that contact.... but I don't think there is an app that does that.

Currently..... I have all sms notifications set to "ringtone" with a really obnoxious ringtone..... the disadvatage is that it applies to all SMS, not just my dispatch.... and it only lasts about three seconds.

Alternatively.... I could use a profile app that sets all my night time text notifications to "LOUD and OBNOXIOUS".

Can any of you more experienced user suggest a good solution???

Thanks in advance...
    I don't have my phone on me at the moment, but If I'm not mistaken this ability is already built in. View the contact you want to assign a unique tone, select edit, and you should be able to assign a unique tone.
    To have it repeat, install Notification Repeat patch for the Messages app.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    My bad, you need to install one of the sms tone per contact patches
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:29 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Hi everyone,

New to this. Can you show me with direction how to install this My Notification app?
    Kinsonliu, got to hand it to you, you dug up a pretty old thread there. Depending on how new you are, you may want to consider this patch here: [Patch] Advanced Configuration for System Preferences. Seems to me like the one you were interested in, is a fairly old one, and I think this one here has the same features as well as a (rather large) pile more. I haven't tried it out yet as, apparantly it's not compatible with custom low battery alerts, and I'm not willing to give those up yet, but from what I've read a lot of people have, and they seem to really like it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel