Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839 LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 766
  1. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by datbabygirl View Post
    well I don't have my system sounds off. No matter what I did they were still low. The only time it was loud is when I had my notification and txt manager uninstalled.
    Are they low with the sound apps removed but keeping the custom sound? or with the default sound?

    I'm not having much luck, the sound I use is pretty quiet anyway, and all I did was turn system sounds back up (I had it at around half volume previously) and I am happy with the sound again.

    But this is happening with most people on my notification and TXT Manager?
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  2. #722  
    Kaerey:

    What was the name of the patch to allow the change for messaging sound? There seems to be quite a few these days... I removed it and deleted it before the update (1.2.0).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  3. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #723  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Are they low with the sound apps removed but keeping the custom sound? or with the default sound?

    I'm not having much luck, the sound I use is pretty quiet anyway, and all I did was turn system sounds back up (I had it at around half volume previously) and I am happy with the sound again.

    But this is happening with most people on my notification and TXT Manager?

    I have both My Notification and TXT Manager and I am not having any issues with volume. As a matter of fact I have to turn mine down because it's obnoxiously loud in some cases. The only issue if you can even call it that, is that the volume slider acts more like an on off switch. Max volume is loud but half volume is near impossible to hear. I have not bothered to test to see if this is a Palm issue or one of the installed apps.

    For those with volume problems, I'd suggest doing a clean install for one as I did. Also maybe look at the type of sound file thats being used. Could be changes in volume depending on if it's an .mp3 or .wav sound file. Dunno.
  4. #724  
    i'm having the issue too. mine are normally loud. but as notifications they are so quite they can barely be heard when holding the phone.
  5. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #725  
    Can anyone report what happens after the following:

    Low Sounds after 1.2 upgrade, and then just doing a reset via Orange + Sym + R
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  6. #726  
    guys i can't get this app to work. I install it and put in my tones and nothing happens when something comes in
  7. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by lightdancer77 View Post
    guys i can't get this app to work. I install it and put in my tones and nothing happens when something comes in
    Double check that the Systems sounds in the Sounds and Alerts app are turned on, as well as the Message sounds in the Messaging Application. Both are reasons for not getting any sounds.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  8. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #728  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Double check that the Systems sounds in the Sounds and Alerts app are turned on, as well as the Message sounds in the Messaging Application. Both are reasons for not getting any sounds.
    I am not sure if it's your app or something with the Pre but sometimes sounds will not trigger. Example would be the charging sound. Sometimes it triggers and sometimes it doesn't. Now I know it doesn't trigger if connected to the computer but if connected by car charger, it should but sometimes it doesn't. Again, not sure if this is your app or the Pre but thought i would bring it up.
  9. #729  
    i don't hear anything when i get emails. any ideas?
  10. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #730  
    Quote Originally Posted by genius0069 View Post
    i don't hear anything when i get emails. any ideas?
    1) Go into Preferences & Accounts (email menu), select the desired account.
    2) In the "New Message" section, you'll see the "Play Sound" switch

    Is it on?

    Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  11. #731  
    that did the trick! it was turned off!
  12. #732  
    I'm mad cuz it wnt let me download it....&& I want dem ta add my notification ta de app cat...I'm tired of waitin
  13. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #733  
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_n_juicy88 View Post
    I'm mad cuz it wnt let me download it....&& I want dem ta add my notification ta de app cat...I'm tired of waitin
    There are now several ways to get this on your phone, I would first install either Preware or FileCoaster and use one of those to get the app on your phone.

    As for the official App catalog, I was approached to submit the app by Palm, but I have since decided not to submit the app. With growing family demands (and by growing I mean my baby is now 9months old and crawling all over the house), I knew I just couldn't keep up with the demand for support as the app would be available to a much larger base.

    I'll always be here, but for now I can't release something to the app catalog that I couldn't fully support as needed.

    That, and I would prefer that Palm just make this a default feature anyway!
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  14. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #734  
    I read the first few and the last page... feel free to flog me if this has been answered.
    I'm using 1.2.1 and I've got this installed along with the patch that allows for selecting an individual tone for messages from a particular contact. But none of the contact tones play, only the one that I selected from this app. I uninstalled it and the custom tone kept playing. I just reinstalled and set to default (like I should have in the first place) and am about to uninstall it again to see if that works. I'd rather have the OEM tone play and the individualized play only for specific contacts.
    Is there a way to have both the custom tone for all unknown sms AND play the individual tones for selected contacts?
  15. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #735  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I read the first few and the last page... feel free to flog me if this has been answered.
    I'm using 1.2.1 and I've got this installed along with the patch that allows for selecting an individual tone for messages from a particular contact. But none of the contact tones play, only the one that I selected from this app. I uninstalled it and the custom tone kept playing. I just reinstalled and set to default (like I should have in the first place) and am about to uninstall it again to see if that works. I'd rather have the OEM tone play and the individualized play only for specific contacts.
    Is there a way to have both the custom tone for all unknown sms AND play the individual tones for selected contacts?
    Check out the program TXT Manager, and follow the guides on how to disable the stock sound via the sounds and alerts app or in the messaging application.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  16. #736  
    Thanks so much! This works like a charm!
  17. #737  
    This app performed exactly as advertised, but I found that not being able to kill the playback by pressing the on/off button became more annoying than I thought it would. I tried to delete the app, and the Icon is gone, but the effects remain. That is, I am unable to change the ring tone associated with text messages. No matter what I try, I still get the ring tone that I had selected when I first installed My Notification. How do I go back to the original Pre sound handler? I've installed WEB OS 1.3.1 and it has not fixed the problem.
    Mike
  18. #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by msantarc View Post
    This app performed exactly as advertised, but I found that not being able to kill the playback by pressing the on/off button became more annoying than I thought it would. I tried to delete the app, and the Icon is gone, but the effects remain. That is, I am unable to change the ring tone associated with text messages. No matter what I try, I still get the ring tone that I had selected when I first installed My Notification. How do I go back to the original Pre sound handler? I've installed WEB OS 1.3.1 and it has not fixed the problem.
    Mike
    I also have this problem and I cannot reinstall the program.
  19. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by msantarc View Post
    This app performed exactly as advertised, but I found that not being able to kill the playback by pressing the on/off button became more annoying than I thought it would. I tried to delete the app, and the Icon is gone, but the effects remain. That is, I am unable to change the ring tone associated with text messages. No matter what I try, I still get the ring tone that I had selected when I first installed My Notification. How do I go back to the original Pre sound handler? I've installed WEB OS 1.3.1 and it has not fixed the problem.
    Mike
    Reinstall the App, from the App Menu (Top Left Corner) choose reset defaults. Then you can remove the app and have the default sounds.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  20. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by egingell View Post
    I also have this problem and I cannot reinstall the program.
    What is preventing you from reinstalling the program? I know of nothing that would prevent this unless you removed an on device homebrew installer or no longer have access to WebOSQuickInstall
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch

Posting Permissions