Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839 LastLast
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I still sooo want different sounds for texts and emails..

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you do just this ONE THING? I'll donate again, I'll be your BFF, I NEED diff sounds..

Thanks
    As soon as it is capable without using the restricted services or editing files via linux I will add it. It's nothing I am in control of. It's a Palm thing to the best of my knowledge.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Hahahahha Its sounds cool. But thats just sound like too much fiddling with my phone. Personally I couldn't care less who like m rings or not. So my thinking is why change them to suit environment? But i di get what you're saying, and certain having the option would be a delight. I just want individual volume/sound control over all my alerts.
    I know...I cant imagine a cell poone wihout such options. I understand they were trying to streamline things but cmon now...The less is more concept was taking a little too literally.
    Hows it going, im new to the forums! Well I downloaded the mynotifications homebrew app. now my text notifications or email notifications arent working. I have tried to chage the tone and it just keeps reverting back to the originial, but still doesnt play a sound. can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnergun View Post
    Hows it going, im new to the forums! Well I downloaded the mynotifications homebrew app. now my text notifications or email notifications arent working. I have tried to chage the tone and it just keeps reverting back to the originial, but still doesnt play a sound. can anyone help?
    Can you please describe the steps you are taking and the response from the device in more detail.

And also check that "Play Sounds" is set to "On" in the messaging application preferences and that systems sounds are turned on in the Sounds and Alerts App.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Is there a way to increase the volume on new email notifications without having the sound increase when I hit my keypad to dial numbers?
    The app is awesome but now my phone does not alert me when I get e-mails not even vibrate. I even added default pre tones and still nothing.
    Does anybody have this problem? Need help?
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I still sooo want different sounds for texts and emails..

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you do just this ONE THING? I'll donate again, I'll be your BFF, I NEED diff sounds..

Thanks
    Have you looked int TXT Manager?
    anyone have the wav file for the new default notification sound? the web os 1.2 has a new sound for notifications, the one provided above is the web os 1.0 notification. email me...Austjamlew@aol.com
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trukansan View Post
    Is there a way to increase the volume on new email notifications without having the sound increase when I hit my keypad to dial numbers?
    I don't do anything with volume settings in this app.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jorge_s View Post
    The app is awesome but now my phone does not alert me when I get e-mails not even vibrate. I even added default pre tones and still nothing.
    Does anybody have this problem? Need help?
    More then likley just a coincedence with something else check the messaging and sounds and alerts apps to make sure notifications are turned on and system sounds are on.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Austjamlew View Post
    anyone have the wav file for the new default notification sound? the web os 1.2 has a new sound for notifications, the one provided above is the web os 1.0 notification. email me...Austjamlew@aol.com
    webOS 1.1? 1.2 hasn't been offically released and as referenced on the front page post it suggest you not install it from leaked sources. The 1.1 sounds can be used by clicking "reset defaults" from the appmenu. if you want the pre1.1 sounds they are linked on the first post of this thread and you only need to copy them to the ringtone folder on the usb drive.
    okay i have done everything stated, to install this app after i send the email attatchment to my email, i open up my email and it says "cannot find an application which can open this file"

What am i doing wrong?!

I have version 1.1.0 on my palm pre does this mean i cannot install this app?
    Last edited by heatherxmarieee; 09/06/2009 at 04:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherxmarieee View Post
    okay i have done everything stated, to install this app after i send the email attatchment to my email, i open up my email and it says "cannot find an application which can open this file"

What am i doing wrong?!

I have version 1.1.0 on my palm pre does this mean i cannot install this app?

That method of install does not work anymore. You need to install this via one of the on device installers or the Quick Installer stickied in the homebrew forums.

I suggest using the Quick Installer to install FileCoaster or Preware and then use that one device installer to install this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Version 0.2.0 Released 8/5/09
    This update is the first in the steps to make the program ready for submission to the Official App Catalog. As such, it removes the "Advanced" option to set your messaging application sounds. Also, this version uses a new appID and will NOT overwrite the previous version which must be deleted with [orange]+Tap on the App Icon. If you would like to keep the option to change the messaging sound after installing the linux-access required patch, then keep the old version. New Icon created by Remix2000.

Updated to version 0.1.3 on 6/30/09
    New Advanced Options, Wall Paper Selection, Credits Page, and other text corrections

This application is the work of the many people who have spent time in #webos-internals (irc.freenode.org) and who have been updating pre dev wiki: Welcome to the Pre/webOS Development Wiki.

The application does the simple task of changing the sounds for notifications, calendar alerts and your ringtone. Additional functionality will be added as discovered. The complete source code is available at the #webos-internals gitorious site and we will work to update information on the wiki as well.

Be Advised. When the notification is triggered, it will play the entire sound and you can not stop it short. If you pick a 20 minute Phish & DMB Jam Session for your notification sound it will play all of it! Pick something short sweet and to the point. I've included my favorite sounds below.

The Notification Sound is played for all events such as new email, sms, charger connect, etc. The Alert sound is played for Calendar Events.

My Favorite Sounds:
    Right click and save as, then connect your Pre via USB Mode and Copy the files to the Ringtone Folder

Reviews:
    xberserker - www.slyspyder.com

This app will always be freely available and submitted to the app catalog when availble. The app in it's entirety is not available for distribution without consent.

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q. After I select my sound, nothing happens.
    A. After you select your desired tone, use the back gesture to return.

Q. Is it possible to have custom LED Notifications?
    A. Not at this time. Once an event is trigged by another application, there is no way to subscribe to that event and take further action (ie actiate the LEDs, or Repeat the Notification).

Q. Can there be seperate sounds for SMS/Email/Charger?
    A. Not without editing those other applications. There is a patch available for the messaging application, however this thread is not the place to ask for assistance with that patch.

Q. My volume settings don't seem right, what happened?
    A. This application does nothing to change volume settings, more then likely some other thing happend, check the volume settings in the Sounds and Alerts App and in the Messaging Application.

Q. When the notification sound is played it keeps going and I can't stop it. Why doens't the sound stop?
    A. The sound is played until it ends. If you pick a long song, be prepared to listen to all of it everytime the sound is triggered. It's a Palm thing and I can't change it. Just use a shorter sound.

Q. Where can I get awesome Ringtones?
    A. There are many awesome ringtone websites out there, check out Tonzr the developer of that site is a Palm Pre User as well. Also check out this thread, with links to millions of ringtones and how to make your own.

Q. How do I reset back to the defaults?
    A. Click the menu in the top left corner and click Reset Defaults

Q. How do I uninstall My Notifications?
    A. In the Launcher, press and hold the orange button and tap the My Notifications icon in the Launcher. Tap Delete.

Q. The notification sound keeps going and I can't stop it.
    A. The sound is played every time until it ends.Here is how to easily edit your sounds. 10 seconds is good for a notification and 30 seconds is good for a ringtone.

Q. Where is the download link for the newest version?
    A. It's in the new Homebrew Gallery: My Notifications.

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: My Notification

Below you will find the OLD 0.1.3 version. This version has the option to change the messaging sound after a linux-access required patch has been installed to the messaging application.
    But, you cannot set different alerts for different messaging. I am a System Administrator and greatly depend on having custom alerts for e-mail, SMS Text, etc..
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been answered before, but I noticed that you have to restore your default sounds before you uninstall "My Notification". Shouldn't the defaults automatically restore when you do this, or can you make this a function of this app?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered before, but I noticed that you have to restore your default sounds before you uninstall "My Notification". Shouldn't the defaults automatically restore when you do this, or can you make this a function of this app?
    There is no uninstall method like when you 'uninstall' something from windows. When you orange+tap to delete you are doing just that, deleting. you are simply removing the files from the device. So when you do something like change a system preference from a 3rd party app that you can't otherwise change without the app, you need to change it back before deleting the app.

So in short. There is no uninstall, just deleting.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Sorry didn't want to read through 700 posts about this but is it possible to have a 'vibration adjuster switch' for the Pre? Like extending or multiple quick buzzes. Incoming messages are so completely quick and weak when in my pocket.

(and I am yet another person that would completely support a separate alert for text, email etc.)

Still a great app and glad I'm at least able to run the original launch day alert sound... Thanks.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Sorry didn't want to read through 700 posts about this but is it possible to have a 'vibration adjuster switch' for the Pre? Like extending or multiple quick buzzes. Incoming messages are so completely quick and weak when in my pocket.

(and I am yet another person that would completely support a separate alert for text, email etc.)

Still a great app and glad I'm at least able to run the original launch day alert sound... Thanks.
    Check out the app TXT Manager, it is using some of the undocumented APIs and able to do this if the program is running. I think the developer has converted it to a dashboard app so a card isn't open, just the icon in the dashboard.

I am keeping this app to published and supported APIs so I can't yet do what the other app does. I've been invited to submit to the official app catalog, but haven't had the time to clean it up and make the needed changes for submission yet.
    no, i'm having problems. i uninstalled it. but when i my txt goes off. it plays the entire song, same as ringer. and i can't stop it no matter what i try. This is after i uninstalled it. also when u try to adjust the volume on the notifications. it plays the song again, and if u touch it again it plays it twice, overlapping each other. everytime u touch the volume button, it overlaps the song and won't stop till its over.

is there a fix?