Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 LastLast
    It would be cool if you could have it cycle through sounds.

ex: I use an R2D2 sound for my notifications, so if I were to have a list of 5 of those sounds it would be really cool for it to randomly play a sound file for it. Just a random thought. Much like the switcharoo app.
    look people i got tired of this program and i deleted the thing off my phone and now the program still is running on my phone! how the hell do i stop this program from working after i deleted it!

Any bit of help would save my sanity!
    DAPROPHET
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ^^ You will have to re-install the program, use the menu to reset to default, and then delete the program.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Why would anyone get tired of this handy app?

Customization, of any type, is yummy!
    I love this App!!! Awesome job!

I modded the icon on mine tho. As it is, it's too cartoonie for me now.

Also would recommend removing "screen settings." Why have the links to the other programs? Isn't it easier just to click the other programs? Plus it doesn't have much to do with "My Notification."

kudos!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wturnerharris View Post
    I love this App!!! Awesome job!

I modded the icon on mine tho. As it is, it's too cartoonie for me now.

Also would recommend removing "screen settings." Why have the links to the other programs? Isn't it easier just to click the other programs? Plus it doesn't have much to do with "My Notification."

kudos!
    Oh I like that icon, any chance you could add a "My" somehow and I could switch to it officially?
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Well, I don't know how big you would want the 'my' but what do you think of it looking 'branded'?
    When i try to delete this it just pops up with "Created by Kaerey" and a button to close. Any suggestions? I did reset to default.
    Love the program, pretty silly that a 300$ phone did not come with it in the first place. I just can't be in the middle of a call and have my texttone going off like crazy, it makes me want to throw the phone into the cement..
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaPre View Post
    When i try to delete this it just pops up with "Created by Kaerey" and a button to close. Any suggestions? I did reset to default.
    Love the program, pretty silly that a 300$ phone did not come with it in the first place. I just can't be in the middle of a call and have my texttone going off like crazy, it makes me want to throw the phone into the cement..
    I have heard of other people having problems with deleting other apps, but I can't duplicate the problems. Try opening the launcher, tapping the top left AppMenu and selecting "List Apps..." then tapping on a program name should pop up the delete app dialog, similar as to when you [Orange]+Tap an app icon.

How did you install the app? As that might give indications on what is going on, If it was installed in the wrong place (i.e. the /usr/palm/applications folder vs. the /var/usr/palm/applications folder) then you won't be able to delete it in the normal ways and we would need to work with the installation method to fix the problem.

As for the texttone going off when on a call, that will happen with the default sound as well if you keep all the other settings the same.

Before deleting this app, remember to "Reset Defaults" or the last sound you set will continue to be your sound.
    Do they get deleted? I mean the Original Alert and notification sounds that were there BEFORE i installed it. I do see that there are original alert/notification sounds on the home brew app page for "my notification" however its not for the Palm pre By sprint. I would at least like the option to get them back, or download them some place. its seem virtually impossible to find a site that has original factory sounds for phones. I guess everyone loves songs and music. Sometimes you just want something factory hahhahah. Anywho, if you have ANY leads on where i can find the original notification and alert tones that were there before changing them with my notification please share.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrphilipray View Post
    Do they get deleted? I mean the Original Alert and notification sounds that were there BEFORE i installed it. I do see that there are original alert/notification sounds on the home brew app page for "my notification" however its not for the Palm pre By sprint. I would at least like the option to get them back, or download them some place. its seem virtually impossible to find a site that has original factory sounds for phones. I guess everyone loves songs and music. Sometimes you just want something factory hahhahah. Anywho, if you have ANY leads on where i can find the original notification and alert tones that were there before changing them with my notification please share.
    Tap the top left App Menu and select reset defaults.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    nice app. Thank you
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    nice app. Thank you
    this comes in use.. thanks
    wouldn't it be cool if this app had the ability to change all ringtones, have them go from personal time to work area ringtones.

don't really know if you guys know what i'm trying to say.

See when I'm off work i like to hear my personal ringtones for perticular contacts, but when i'm at work regular pre ringtones are great.

Would there be like a button or switc i can hit and they could go back and forth?
    does anyone know if this is possible. just curious?
    guess nobody huh?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    wouldn't it be cool if this app had the ability to change all ringtones, have them go from personal time to work area ringtones.

don't really know if you guys know what i'm trying to say.

See when I'm off work i like to hear my personal ringtones for perticular contacts, but when i'm at work regular pre ringtones are great.

Would there be like a button or switc i can hit and they could go back and forth?
    does anyone know if this is possible. just curious?
    I could probably make a button that lets you store two preferences. I like that idea, but I think at this time it would need to be done with user interaction, I'll look into making it automated, but a lot of these other programs with background automated things (like switcharoo) I think are using systems services that require the app to be named com.palm.whatever until those services are opened to 3rd party apps.

I'll look into it though, good idea.
    Duuhhh, yeahhh. I just deleted this and I can't change my notification now.

Can you fix it?

Sorry. You had gone more than 5 posts without that question. I wonder if they might like Beavis and Butthead sounds.

Can I suggest this in place of the last 4 FAQ in the opening post?
    -----------------------------
    Q. How do I reset back to the defaults?
    A. Click the menu in the top left corner and click Reset Defaults

Q. How do I uninstall My Notifications?
    A. In the Launcher, press and hold the orange button and tap the My Notifications icon in the Launcher. Tap Delete.

Q. The notification sound keeps going and I can't stop it.
    A. The sound is played every time until it ends.Here is how to easily edit your sounds. 10 seconds is good for a notification and 30 seconds is good for a ringtone.

Q. Where can I get awesome Ringtones?
    A. Here is the thread with links to millions of ringtones plus how to make your own from your mp3's.

Q. Where is the download link for the newest version?
    A. It's in the new Homebrew Gallery: My Notifications.
    --------
    Then once every 5 posts, say:

See the FAQ in the Opening Post.

- Craig
    Thank you for adding to the FAQ's.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/03/2009 at 10:27 AM.
    I still sooo want different sounds for texts and emails..

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you do just this ONE THING? I'll donate again, I'll be your BFF, I NEED diff sounds..

Thanks