Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 766
  1. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    I loaded the "arrow hitting target..." sound and it sounds awful on my phone. You can't even tell what it is. Is there any way to get that sound so it sounds right on the phone? It sounds fine when I play it with Media Player.
    Try lowering the volume and see if that improves the quality. I may just have skewed perception of what it sounds like since I've been listening to it since my First Treo 300 (aka Star Trek Communicator)
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  2. k8e
    k8e is offline
    k8e's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Try lowering the volume and see if that improves the quality. I may just have skewed perception of what it sounds like since I've been listening to it since my First Treo 300 (aka Star Trek Communicator)
    I did that and it still didn't work. I even tried converting it to an mp3 to see if that would work and it really skewed the sound. I guess I'll just have to live without it. If you ever find a better version of it, please post it! I'd still love to have it on my Pre!!
  3. #643  
    How do you get rid of this completely, I like it an all but there are not enough options. I don't like to hear a crazy ringtone when I put my phone on the charger. I just want to go back to the basics and simple. I don't like if you delete the app. The settings stay.
  4. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by nismoses View Post
    how do you get rid of this completely, i like it an all but there are not enough options. I don't like to hear a crazy ringtone when i put my phone on the charger. I just want to go back to the basics and simple. I don't like if you delete the app. The settings stay.
    copy/pasted from the previous page:
    Quote Originally Posted by kaerey
    there is currently no "uninstall" which restores things to a specific state and then removes the program on the palm pre. You are simply deleting the files from the phone when you tap-delete an app. This program edits the preferences database and points the notificationtone and alerttone fields to the file of your choice.

    To reset the sounds to the defaults, in the my notification app, click the top left corner to bring up the app menu and then hit "reset defaults"
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  5. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismoses View Post
    How do you get rid of this completely, I like it an all but there are not enough options. I don't like to hear a crazy ringtone when I put my phone on the charger. I just want to go back to the basics and simple. I don't like if you delete the app. The settings stay.
    If you don't want to hear a crazy ringtone, don't set a crazy ringtone.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  6. #646  
    When will we be able to turn the notification off by touching a button
  7. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #647  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncnolesfan33 View Post
    When will we be able to turn the notification off by touching a button
    When Palm adds that functionality
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  8. #648  
    i'm running my Palm on 1.1.0. does this app work on the update and if so how do i intstall it? because i've tried to email it to myself and dl like that and no luck....
    Thanks
  9. #649  
    Two Questions/Requests:

    1. I know a top request is LED notifications, just want to see if there's any progress on that front?

    2. Is there any way possible to create a setting to silence notifcation sounds during a phone call?


    Thanks
  10. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    Two Questions/Requests:

    1. I know a top request is LED notifications, just want to see if there's any progress on that front?

    2. Is there any way possible to create a setting to silence notifcation sounds during a phone call?


    Thanks
    Sorry currently not possible on both. Well it is possible, if you edit the palm programs that control those things nothing that can done with a 3rd party app right now that I can find.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  11. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #651  
    Quote Originally Posted by infamus View Post
    i'm running my Palm on 1.1.0. does this app work on the update and if so how do i intstall it? because i've tried to email it to myself and dl like that and no luck....
    Thanks
    I would suggest installing FileCoaster first and then installing this with FileCoaster.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  12. #652  
    Is there anyway or will there be a way for it to recognize that you are on a call and not play the notification in you ear piece while you are on a call. Even turning all sound off to vibrate don't work. For mine itwont play it on the speaker it reverts to playing it in my ear. Gets annoying no matter what ringtone I select.

    But I love this app I finally can hear when I have a message. I just don't have enough knowledge to do the advanced settings of it and make it more personalized.
  13. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by datbabygirl View Post
    Is there anyway or will there be a way for it to recognize that you are on a call and not play the notification in you ear piece while you are on a call. Even turning all sound off to vibrate don't work. For mine itwont play it on the speaker it reverts to playing it in my ear. Gets annoying no matter what ringtone I select.

    But I love this app I finally can hear when I have a message. I just don't have enough knowledge to do the advanced settings of it and make it more personalized.
    Seriously? You are asking this question. I try and be nice and answer questions from people by my god. read two posts up.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  14. #654  
    I apologize I see this has been answered. But yeah...you don't have to be rude about it a simple this has been answered a few posts bak would have been fine.
  15. #655  
    But prolly as you were typing ur reply I was saying I apologize then I saw your reply...peat and repeat...
  16. #656  
    Notification wish list:
    - Ability to set a different notification for each alert, ie: voice mail, SMS, messages on
    primary email, secondary email, phone, etc.
    - Ability to set the number of times (I would put options of 1, 2 or 3) the notification
    would play.
    - Ability to set the notification volume for each
    - And of course, the LED notification
  17. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #657  
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid422 View Post
    Notification wish list:
    - Ability to set a different notification for each alert, ie: voice mail, SMS, messages on
    primary email, secondary email, phone, etc.
    - Ability to set the number of times (I would put options of 1, 2 or 3) the notification
    would play.
    - Ability to set the notification volume for each
    - And of course, the LED notification
    The way that I have found that webOS is setup to handle notifications is not condusive to a single program controlling all these things. Right now, all of this is basically hardcoded into framework not controlled by variables. Once a program triggers the notification event you can't take additional action on it.

    The best place to request features like this is at the palm developer forums Forums webOS • View forum - Bug Reports and Feature Requests
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  18. aeslehc6002's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    as cleanly as any other.
    so when i uninstall this app.... it still plays the ringtone that i had set it with... how do i stop the phone from playing the ringtone... and to go back to the original????
  19. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    #659  
    Scroll up like 10 posts. It says to click "go back to defaults" and then you can probably delete it.
  20. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Scroll up like 10 posts. It says to click "go back to defaults" and then you can probably delete it.
    Yep just reset the defaults from the app menu before deleting it.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch

Posting Permissions