Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    So a few people have been reporting that they don't get SMS sounds when applying this app. I've not been able to recreate this and think it might have to do with first install issues.

If someone is about to install this app for the first time, please check something for me first:

1) Sounds Play on Text Messages before install: yes/no?
    2) In the Messaging Application > Preferences & Accounts > Play Sounds = "ON" or "Off"
    3) After application install Sounds play for Text Messaging: yes/no?
    4) After application install the Messaging Application > Preferences & Accounts > Play Sounds = "ON" or "OFF"
    4a) If "off", turning it to "ON" fixes the sound issue: yes/no?

Again this is for ONLY People installing for the FIRST TIME.

If you already have the app installed and don't get a sound on text message, check the Preferences & Accounts option for Play Sounds and report what you find.
    For me (first and only install) it was the setting in the Messaging applications. I wasn't getting any incoming SMS sound, but once I turned Messaging Application > Preferences & Accounts > Play Sounds to "ON" the SMS sound worked.
    After installing the Sound Notification app, I've notice that the notification sounds muffled, especially when used with a headset. My caller ringtones are fine
    I just installed it again to see if it helps... yep its still the same. maybe i should try downloading another ringtone. i sync the one from my memory card that i used on both my centro and treo's
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslangford View Post
    I just installed it again to see if it helps... yep its still the same. maybe i should try downloading another ringtone. i sync the one from my memory card that i used on both my centro and treo's
    Does the original sound, sound weird? Or just the sound you are using? After you get some more posts you can upload the file so we can see if it's a file issue.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Will we ever get a permanent "non root" advanced feature again?
    My notification plays through my earpiece. Whenever I get a notification during a call it plays it and the person on the other line can hear it as well, I can't talk until it finishes. Is that an app problem or the sound file problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyGoodness View Post
    My notification plays through my earpiece. Whenever I get a notification during a call it plays it and the person on the other line can hear it as well, I can't talk until it finishes. Is that an app problem or the sound file problem.
    My phone did this since day 1 before I ever had this app on it so I'm assuming it's just an annoying little part of the OS for the time being.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyGoodness View Post
    Phone Setting that this app doesn't change. It would behave the same even if you didn't have this app.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Will we ever get a permanent "non root" advanced feature again?
    When it is able to be done without linux access yes. Hopefully though, that when that is capable, Palm will go ahead and integrate everything we would need into the Sounds and Alerts App.
  10. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I downloaded MyNotifications and I love it! But I ran into a small problem today...when I miss a call, it plays a tone until I dismiss the missed call. Is there any way to turn that off? I'm afraid it will drain my battery or annoy someone if I'm not near my phone when it starts going off.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    I downloaded MyNotifications and I love it! But I ran into a small problem today...when I miss a call, it plays a tone until I dismiss the missed call. Is there any way to turn that off? I'm afraid it will drain my battery or annoy someone if I'm not near my phone when it starts going off.
    what sound are you using for the notification sound?
  12. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    what sound are you using for the notification sound?
    I'm using Triangle for my notification.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    I'm using Triangle for my notification.
    Well that is about a 20-25 second file. So it will play the entire file before it stops as I mention in the first post.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Can the notifications be set to repeat if not heard?
    Can the vibration be set to vibrate more then once?
    My old sanyo m1 did!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 321contak View Post
    My old sanyo m1 did!

Thanks
    These would be REALLY great features! Miss such options from my Treo using Butler and DateBk6 for alarms and nags.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I have to first of all save kudos for creating this application. I am quite greatful for all these wonderful homebrew applications. However, when I deleted the application (i had the notifications on a long mp3...which i was forwarned about lol but didnt exactly heed) the phone was never reset back to the original notification. Imagine my horror, I thought that i had corrupted/damaged my phone and was pretty apprehensive about using further applications. Is there an actual "re-set" button, like you stated earlier, unless i misunderstood you're comment, or like palminmypalm stated earlier the phone will keep the changed notification sound. If this is the case can someone provide the original notification sound.

Thanks
    xoxoxox
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 321contak View Post
    My old sanyo m1 did!

Thanks
    No, once an event is triggered by an app there is currently no way to take additional action on that event without editing important pieces of palm code which a 3rd Party app really shouldn't be doing.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seoulvixen View Post
    I have to first of all save kudos for creating this application. I am quite greatful for all these wonderful homebrew applications. However, when I deleted the application (i had the notifications on a long mp3...which i was forwarned about lol but didnt exactly heed) the phone was never reset back to the original notification. Imagine my horror, I thought that i had corrupted/damaged my phone and was pretty apprehensive about using further applications. Is there an actual "re-set" button, like you stated earlier, unless i misunderstood you're comment, or like palminmypalm stated earlier the phone will keep the changed notification sound. If this is the case can someone provide the original notification sound.

Thanks
    xoxoxox
    There is currently no "Uninstall" which restores things to a specific state and then removes the program on the Palm Pre. You are simply deleting the files from the phone when you tap-delete an app. This program edits the preferences database and points the notificationtone and alerttone fields to the file of your choice.

To reset the sounds to the defaults, in the My Notification App, click the top left corner to bring up the App Menu and then hit "Reset Defaults"
  19. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    [size="4"]My Favorite Sounds:
    Right click and save as, then connect your Pre via USB Mode and Copy the files to the Ringtone Folder
    [list][*]message.wav (from Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail: Arrow hitting target followed by "Message for you sir"")[*]arrow.wav Just the sound of an arrow hitting the target
    I loaded the "arrow hitting target..." sound and it sounds awful on my phone. You can't even tell what it is. Is there any way to get that sound so it sounds right on the phone? It sounds fine when I play it with Media Player.
  20. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Well that is about a 20-25 second file. So it will play the entire file before it stops as I mention in the first post.
    I guess I didn't really understand everything at first, but now I get it. I didn't realize the notifications did more than just voicemail and text notifications. I've changed my tone to something quite a bit shorter, so I'm good now. Thanks for your help!