Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Why do the messaging sounds have to be removed from Version 0.2.0 in order to submit the app for inclusion in the Official App Catalog? And will they return in a future release?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74256274 View Post
    Why do the messaging sounds have to be removed from Version 0.2.0 in order to submit the app for inclusion in the Official App Catalog? And will they return in a future release?
    Well I just assumed that they wouldn't accept something that requires additional modifications via linux access to the official app catalog. You can still use the older version. I will always keep it available. Or install both patches that JackieRipper published that modifies the messaging application and the sounds and alerts app. If you do both of those patches you don't need this app as all this app is, was a recreation of the notification and alerts mod to the sounds and alerts app that I put together into a non-rooting-required app.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Thanks fore the update
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j2hott23 View Post
    The reason for the notification is to tell you that its charging. Just cause you put it on the touchstone doesn't mean its charging, it has to be in the right position. I find it very helpful when I forget that I unplugged the usb cord to transfer data from the computer and forgot to put it back.
    Bah. It says "Charging battery" and the screen changes. That's enough for me. If I don't get that positive confirmation, then something is wrong, I don't need a third indicator. I wish they'd let us turn off the notification sound for this particular event (and set a timeout so that screen goes dark after a minute).

This wouldn't have occurred to me if I was designing the software. 'Notifications' to me implies alerting the user to a situation where he needs/may want to take action - not confirmation that everything is okay.

EDIT: I found in the devwiki how to disable the notification sound for charger connect. Still wish Palm had provided an option on the GUI.
    Last edited by lordbah; 08/07/2009 at 07:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    i install this update last night and its still not working for me..once i pick an sound i get a tex and nothing happens i dont even have the stock sound any more it doesnt make a sound...then when i go to system sounds it turn it all the way down it vibrates and then i turn it back up and the tex sound plays but it clashes over and over then when i get another tex the sound still doesnt play could someone help me with this problem this is the only app that isnt working for me
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    So a few people have been reporting that they don't get SMS sounds when applying this app. I've not been able to recreate this and think it might have to do with first install issues.

If someone is about to install this app for the first time, please check something for me first:

1) Sounds Play on Text Messages before install: yes/no?
    2) In the Messaging Application > Preferences & Accounts > Play Sounds = "ON" or "Off"
    3) After application install Sounds play for Text Messaging: yes/no?
    4) After application install the Messaging Application > Preferences & Accounts > Play Sounds = "ON" or "OFF"
    4a) If "off", turning it to "ON" fixes the sound issue: yes/no?

Again this is for ONLY People installing for the FIRST TIME.

If you already have the app installed and don't get a sound on text message, check the Preferences & Accounts option for Play Sounds and report what you find.
    I don't see the 0.2.0 version? Is it up anywhere?
    Added link in Opening Post to give download link information:

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: My Notification

- Craig
    Thanks for the App It would be nice to have seperate ringtones for SMS & Email like in previous Treo's that I have owned. Thanks again

Paul
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
    Can somebody paste the url of the latest version here cause I swear I see it nowhere in the homebrew gallery and it won't let me login there yet I am logged in here. Makes no fu**ing sense. Sorry I'm upset cause it doens't make any damn sense.
    Nice app. Thanks for the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    Can somebody paste the url of the latest version here cause I swear I see it nowhere in the homebrew gallery and it won't let me login there yet I am logged in here. Makes no fu**ing sense. Sorry I'm upset cause it doens't make any damn sense.
    FYI - I had the same problem the other night--was logged in but still couldn't "log in" to the App Gallery. Tried several times and even reset my password a couple times to no avail. I contacted Deiter (via site contact page) and moments before he replied (which was fairly quickly) I decided to reset my password again and...VIOLA!! It worked. Go figure.

I'd suggest trying to reset your password (maybe multiple times) and waiting a few. If you still have issues, contact Deiter and reference the same issue I had so he can hopefully connect the dots and figure out why this is happening.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I am using this as my notification sound. It sounds very realistic on the PRE and turns heads.
    I am using R2D2 as my Alert sound and it too sounds great on the PRE.

Does the Alert sound share other apps besides calendar alerts?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I tried all this and the notifications work, however my text message app stopped working. I can receive them but not open them, and I cannot create new messages. I tried removing the patches ive applied and it does not repair anything. Any suggestions???? I cannot get it to work again.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jefe00 View Post
    I tried all this and the notifications work, however my text message app stopped working. I can receive them but not open them, and I cannot create new messages. I tried removing the patches ive applied and it does not repair anything. Any suggestions???? I cannot get it to work again.
    You tried to apply the Messaging Application Patch? I would restore the backups you made before trying to edit the messaging application.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    The direct link was pasted on the page before this one.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shou5 View Post
    Thanks for the App It would be nice to have seperate ringtones for SMS & Email like in previous Treo's that I have owned. Thanks again

Paul
    Check the FAQ on the first post, you can do it, you just need to edit the palm programs. Check the webos-internals.org wiki for other instructions.
    Does the Pre have to be rooted to use the advanced option to change messaging tone? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post
    Does the Pre have to be rooted to use the advanced option to change messaging tone? Thanks.
    Yes. Because you have to edit the messaging application to call the sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Yes. Because you have to edit the messaging application to call the sound.
    I just did the advanced patch a few days ago using Putty and instructions @ Applying Patches - WebOS Internals . Easier than I thought although some of the patches did not save or are not on my pre even though imported. (ie: Email in landscape, camera using volume buttons, Default to month calender view...) Also, Since I copy and paste, I couldn't fine a place to do the Calendar: Show All-Day Events in Month View/ I am happy with the sounds "advanced" working as I am on call and I can seperate a loud tone (text page) for a more mild tone for emails and other notifications.

When all done, the Pre is going to be a GREAT device......not that it isn't now. It has much more potential though. my only complaint is that they came out with it before that had changed a lot of this stuff. I don't think windows or other operating systems would have gotten away with such. (My Opinion)

BUT.......Can't complain and your sound modification is Great !!