Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    wooohoo I can finally change ring tones of messages and stuff.... =)

Thanks!
    You need to install Kaerey's My Notification if you want to change the other sounds. This is just the messaging part the advanced screen of My Notification.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    JackieRipper the original author of the message-sound edit is looking into this. If he posts here that he fixed it it should work again.
    It's all set. I found my typo. I took the chance and made an update, too. I split the patch into 2 distinct patches:

messaging/messaging-sounds.patch
    sounds_and_alerts/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch

Both can be found in the WebOS patch git repository. Check out the wiki page for instructions on how to apply the patches.

Those of you using Keary's awesome app will only need the first one. It patches the messaging app to play the specified tone.

The second patches Palm's Sounds & Ringtones app, allowing you to specify sounds for alerts, notifications and new messages. It has none of the added features in MyNotifications. Let's face it, MyNotifications is flat out better than Palm's, but there are those that don't need all the extras.
    I've looked through the thread and havent seen anyone post about it...

After I installed this app (which is great btw!), my sound when I swipe away a card is barely audible. I've turned up the volume on system sounds but nothing. Anyone else?
    How do I download the original notification sound??
    NO Longer needed with "reset defaults" option, but you can also download the original alert and notification sounds.

Here you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjvcuyler View Post
    It's all set. I found my typo. I took the chance and made an update, too. I split the patch into 2 distinct patches:

Both can be found in the WebOS patch git repository. Check out the wiki page for instructions on how to apply the patches.

Those of you using Keary's awesome app will only need the first one. It patches the messaging app to play the specified tone.

The second patches Palm's Sounds & Ringtones app, allowing you to specify sounds for alerts, notifications and new messages. It has none of the added features in MyNotifications. Let's face it, MyNotifications is flat out better than Palm's, but there are those that don't need all the extras.
    Thanks all fixed now I can go to sleep now.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    have a need for sounds and ringtones myxter is where i go./
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post

After I installed this app (which is great btw!), my sound when I swipe away a card is barely audible. I've turned up the volume on system sounds but nothing. Anyone else?
    This program does nothing to the volume settings, Check the Sounds and Alerts App from Palm.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch

So if we've got MyNotifications installed, we can apply the first patch and then use the Advanced Options to set a message sound seperate from notifications/alerts?
    And the Message sound plays for both IM/txts AND emails?

Sorry if I'm being redundant

**EDIT: yep, I was being redundant. Sorry. I understand now.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I can verify that the message sound patch now works as intended.

And I had a mild moment of genius on how to do one of the two things I wanted to do. So I hope to have the chance this weekend to enhance the wall paper selection function.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Ok the plan for the weekend:

Version 2.0 Released by Sunday:
    * Wallpaper selection moved to own scene
    - quick links to:
    Switcharoo
    fileCoaster
    Wallpaper download sites
    * Cleanup/Remove unneeded code
    * Eat some Chili Cheese Burritos from Taco Bell

Also, I hope to have my second app ready for release this weekend to. It's "another" gps app, but I think might fill another niche. It's something I would like to have so I am hope you like it too.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post

On this issue, I found a simple solution when you have that happen to simply turn it up as high as you want it & do a soft reboot. Use the orange key, the sym, & the r key all together to get it to reboot. Apparently, this happens or started happenning after webos 1.0.3. Got this solution from Palm support site, so it happens every once in awhile to me after a reboot like going in & out of developer mode. It works after that.
    jay

- quick links to:
    Switcharoo
    fileCoaster
    Wallpaper download sites

Also, I hope to have my second app ready for release this weekend to. It's "another" gps app, but I think might fill another niche. It's something I would like to have so I am hope you like it too.
    great work man; i love the interaction between apps. can't wait to see the final product.

- quick links to:
    Switcharoo
    fileCoaster
    Wallpaper download sites

Sounds good. Any update to led notification feature being added?
    kewl.....

- quick links to:
    Switcharoo
    fileCoaster
    Wallpaper download sites

Kaerey, you flat out rock!

This all great stuff. I've been able to put many apps on my pre. However, I'm still new to this programming stuff. How are you inputing the patches so that the great messaging function will work? I can't simply use the way of pulling an something in to Palm Install, correct? I'm basically confused.

Thanks in advance.
    I love this app thank you so much. I do have a question while I am on a call and I get an alert or txt message, it plays my tone over the conversation. I have to hurry up and flip it to silent mode because I can't hear the conversation anymore is there a way to make the tone stop when you acknowlede you got it. Sometimes I have already replied to the text message by the time the 30sec tone stops playing.

Jus want to make sure I am not missing anything.
    I need your help please. I have 2 palm pre's in my household. Both were bought the same time and are running palm webOS 1.1.0. On one of them i was able to install you program with out any problems. The ringtones labeld louder showed up instantly with in your application. On my second device i ram into a problem. The app installed, the icon is showing up, but the "louder" ringers dont show up anywhere. This is the most important app to me. Please advise what you think im doing wrong and advise.. thanks.