Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    This is a great app. I hated the standard calender alert... I admit I havent read all 27 pages of reviews, so this might have been asked already. but the sound of the alert wasnt as loud as if it was an alarm sound or ringer... so is a volume control in the works??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1783520

Look at the response to the first time you asked it.
    didn't (and on second look, I still don't) see it, but thanks for the response.
    Perhaps I missed this in this thread, but if you are assigning a shortened, 30 second mp3 for notifications/alerts, is it possible for one to stop playback by hitting a button (so that you've acknowledged the alert) and it doesn't continue to play. Found this especially bothersome when I was on a call last night. I realize that more time may be needed to investigate. Just curious if this was addressed. A great addition to the Pre! Thank you!
    Please forgive me if this has already been asked, I can't read through 27 pages of posts... The notification sound I've picked plays (VERY loudly) in my ear when I'm on a call - since I have push email this happens a lot. I was using a short (2 sec) movie quote, but it's so loud that it blocks out the other person while it plays. This happens even when I have the phone's ringer switch set to silent. It's really bothersome... and I could very easily be wrong, but I don't remember the same thing happening with the default sound (although I only had the Pre for three days before installing My Notification, so it's very possible that I just didn't notice that it was also happening with the default chime). How have other users been dealing with this?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    This is a great app. I hated the standard calender alert... I admit I havent read all 27 pages of reviews, so this might have been asked already. but the sound of the alert wasnt as loud as if it was an alarm sound or ringer... so is a volume control in the works??
    This app does nothing to control the volume of the sounds on the device, just set the file you would like played. You can alter some volume settings from the Sounds and Alerts App on the Phone. The difference between your calendar alerts are notifications may be due to the sound you picked. Try a different sound or the same sound as your notification, you can also try editing your sound in something like Audacity and increasing the volume of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    didn't (and on second look, I still don't) see it, but thanks for the response.
    The post right after yours from Spazo.. in short, it's not possible without rooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic8Ball View Post
    Perhaps I missed this in this thread, but if you are assigning a shortened, 30 second mp3 for notifications/alerts, is it possible for one to stop playback by hitting a button (so that you've acknowledged the alert) and it doesn't continue to play. Found this especially bothersome when I was on a call last night. I realize that more time may be needed to investigate. Just curious if this was addressed. A great addition to the Pre! Thank you!
    This is answered on the first post, there is no way to stop the sound. A more in-depth answer: Once an event is triggered by the phone, there is no way for another app to interact with it. So I can not control those events or take additional action related to those events.

Quote Originally Posted by artsgirl View Post
    Please forgive me if this has already been asked, I can't read through 27 pages of posts... The notification sound I've picked plays (VERY loudly) in my ear when I'm on a call - since I have push email this happens a lot. I was using a short (2 sec) movie quote, but it's so loud that it blocks out the other person while it plays. This happens even when I have the phone's ringer switch set to silent. It's really bothersome... and I could very easily be wrong, but I don't remember the same thing happening with the default sound (although I only had the Pre for three days before installing My Notification, so it's very possible that I just didn't notice that it was also happening with the default chime). How have other users been dealing with this?
    I have not attemtped to do anything with this app that messes with volume settings (K.I.S.S.). You can control the difference between the ringtone/system sounds with the Palm Sounds and Alerts App. I am inclined to not mess with volume settings unless I can find something that is on the device, but just no interface for it (like changing alerts and notifications).
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    bawwwww
    I have my dev mode turned on... ive tried importing both a mp3/wav file neither will work. Anyone else having the same issue? Im setting it as my tone for txt messages
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dosebot View Post
    bawwwww
    I have my dev mode turned on... ive tried importing both a mp3/wav file neither will work. Anyone else having the same issue? Im setting it as my tone for txt messages
    In the Advanced Section? That only works if you applied the modification to the Messaging Application linked on that screen.
    This is answered on the first post, there is no way to stop the sound. A more in-depth answer: Once an event is triggered by the phone, there is no way for another app to interact with it. So I can not control those events or take additional action related to those events.
    Wow, I feel like a dunce. Thanks Kaerey. I sincerely hope Palm (or "programmers") address this quickly. I know it's beginning to sound redundant, but how can a cell phone manufacturer leave something so basic yet necessary for most out of a top-of-the-line phone? I mean, you can do so much more with a smartphone, yet some integral features that make phones fun, unique, and overall more enjoyable, have been omitted with the Pre. Like others, I just need to be patient.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Wow, I feel like a dunce. Thanks Kaerey. I sincerely hope Palm (or "programmers") address this quickly. I know it's beginning to sound redundant, but how can a cell phone manufacturer leave something so basic yet necessary for most out of a top-of-the-line phone? I mean, you can do so much more with a smartphone, yet some integral features that make phones fun, unique, and overall more enjoyable, have been omitted with the Pre. Like others, I just need to be patient.
    I remember reading an article somewhere that Palm wanted to make the Initial release as simple as possible, while keeping the essence of webOS so as to not overwhelm the average user and present a simple, streamlined experience.

I can understand this, but really, the early adopters are going to be the ones who can handle an advanced system and would rather tinker with everything and risk being confused then to know how everything on their device works.

In the end, webOS is Palm's hope for the future, so I have no doubt that they will keep updating it and we will get what we want.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Kaerey,
    Admittedly, this phone is way over my head, but I own it now and want & need to use your app....and thank you so much for your work and time. I downloaded a Palm update on Sunday, and I cannot hear my SMS/email alert at all.

If you were a non tech person like me, can I just open the email attachment (from my pre) and the app will download? I printed the 5 pages of directions, but am lost. I read about 20 of the 27 pages and just decided to admit my lack of knowledge and ask you.
    Or are there easy steps for morons?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy lass View Post
    Kaerey,
    Admittedly, this phone is way over my head, but I own it now and want & need to use your app....and thank you so much for your work and time. I downloaded a Palm update on Sunday, and I cannot hear my SMS/email alert at all.

If you were a non tech person like me, can I just open the email attachment (from my pre) and the app will download? I printed the 5 pages of directions, but am lost. I read about 20 of the 27 pages and just decided to admit my lack of knowledge and ask you.
    Or are there easy steps for morons?

Thanks in advance.
    There are two threads in this homebrew section, one would apply to you. Get either http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ll-v1-0-a.html (for PC) or http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-jul-28-a.html (for Mac)

For the PC Version, just download the file from the first post (.ipk) and follow the instructions in the other post.

I would also suggest getting fileCoaster from this forum and then you can copy and paste the addresses from below the various attachments and use fileCoaster to install them on the device.
    In the Advanced Section? That only works if you applied the modification to the Messaging Application linked on that screen.
    Hello Kaerey love the app. Do you know if the messaging application patch has been updated. I applied it yesterday and I got no sounds or alerts?
    Great app.....thank you
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hello Kaerey love the app. Do you know if the messaging application patch has been updated. I applied it yesterday and I got no sounds or alerts?
    Sorry, I haven't looked at it too closely.

But it looks like it is available as a patch http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Applying_Patches

Edit: Ok I applied tha patch to my own phone. My app is doing things right, but it is still playing my notification sound and not the messaging sound. So there must be something wrong in the patch. Who ever made the patch may have missed something, or there is some other random disagreement between things. But After you apply the patch, you should be able to change the tone in the sounds and alerts app, and then when you go into the advanced section of My Notification it will show the sound you picked. that proves everything on the front end is working.
    Last edited by Kaerey; 07/29/2009 at 09:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    This app is amazing. The patch is beyond me, but maybe eventually... or I'll just wait until Palm does this as an update.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Ok after some further exploration, it looks like the patch wasn't done correctly. It's missing a function and looks to still be for 1.0.3 and not 1.1. JackieRipper may be able to help with this.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Well I'm closer, I got the advanced patch working, but only when the screen is OFF.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    So as a final statement for the night:

I would NOT recommend trying to apply the patch for the messaging tone at this time.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    JackieRipper the original author of the message-sound edit is looking into this. If he posts here that he fixed it it should work again.
    I have found that for my notications (ie calendars) that a short 2-3 sec clip works best.