Does this app work with 1.1.0?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Does this app work with 1.1.0?
    Yes.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    HI!! I know this app works!!! I just don't know how to... find it?? I installed all the necessary software... drag and dropped the .ipk... started and stopped the program...and still nothing! arg!! Help please! am i missing something!?
    Many Many thanks to the developer for this app. I did get it installed amen. I thought for sure I was screwed until palm put out its next update, but this homebrew saved the day! Now I can get rid of that muffled notification alert that Palm put in 1.1 I can go to bed now a happy man thanks! Again many thanks for your hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by raberry View Post
    Many Many thanks to the developer for this app. I did get it installed amen. I thought for sure I was screwed until palm put out its next update, but this homebrew saved the day! Now I can get rid of that muffled notification alert that Palm put in 1.1 I can go to bed now a happy man thanks! Again many thanks for your hard work!
    Where is the old alert that the muffled one replaced? I can't find it inside the forums. I hate that muffled alert, I miss too many text messages now cuz I can't hear it!!!

Does this app work with the WebOS quick install?
    Last edited by Achill3s; 07/27/2009 at 12:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Where is the old alert that the muffled one replaced? I can't find it inside the forums. I hate that muffled alert, I miss too many text messages now cuz I can't hear it!!!

Does this app work with the WebOS quick install?
    First Post has the original sounds.

It has not been tested with Quick Install, but it HAS been tested with fileCoaster.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    funformobile.com has thousands of ringtones. I was able to go to the site on my phone and select a ringtone. It streamed the file but obviously I was unable to download it.
    Wow i think im the only one having problems! I was able to install the app into my pre no problem but when i assigned a .wav/mp3 as the notification the sound does not play. All my volumes are turned up. Now i get no notification for a txt. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    First Post has the original sounds.

It has not been tested with Quick Install, but it HAS been tested with fileCoaster.
    Kearey,
    Have you given any thought to incorporating support for seperate email/notification sounds? I don't know if you had collaborated on the hack over at the pre dev wiki to allow different sounds for email and notification, but it seems like a natural progression for this app, based on the work you've already done.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Ok, so I know that there are like 25 pages in this thread but seriously Beestinga... wtf? Since you only have 4 posts and a forum newbie, I'll cut the thrashing to a minimum. You should at least READ the first page (including, crazy I know, the OP) because it says, "Separate sounds for different notifications - somewhat done with rooting." Just a couple more clicks (or God forbid the usage of the Search button) lists the reasoning WHY this hasn't been (and can't be) included with this program (yet).
    I freakin love this app! The palm noise is nice, but if your bored of it you need an alternative.
    The only complaint I have is that if you have a long ringer as your text/alert ringer, it won't stop ringing after you read the message or alert...it just keeps going. I had the Super Mario Bros theme song as my ringer, and my friend txted me and it wouldn't stop lol.

Otherwise, amazingly awesome app!
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    hey kaerey,

first, thank you so much for contributing the mods you've created for the palm pre. it appears the code for specifying an individual sound for messages changed, and i cannot figure out where to make the changes as specified in the wiki:

Message Sound - WebOS Internals

in particular it appears:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs

changed in the function: NotificationAssistant.prototype.sendReminderNotification

as did the function:
    NotificationAssistant.prototype.sendNewMessageNotificationAndUpdateDashboard

can you help direct as to where to make the required changes or update the wiki to reflect the webOS 1.1 update? i've been able to modify the sounds up to the alerts/notification sounds but this one has me confused as to where to make the mods.

many thanks!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
    hey kaerey,

first, thank you so much for contributing the mods you've created for the palm pre. it appears the code for specifying an individual sound for messages changed, and i cannot figure out where to make the changes as specified in the wiki:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs

changed in the function: NotificationAssistant.prototype.sendReminderNotification

as did the function:

can you help direct as to where to make the required changes or update the wiki to reflect the webOS 1.1 update? i've been able to modify the sounds up to the alerts/notification sounds but this one has me confused as to where to make the mods.

many thanks!
    the wiki has been edited. Check again
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
    hey kaerey,

as did the function:

many thanks!

Yeah I haven't even looked at that edit to be honest. I just knew the variable name he used and then knew how to call it and store it from my app. He used my initial hack on the sounds and alerts app to make this edit. And I haven't done it to my phone yet because I'm kind of lazy when it comes to my own **** and have just been trying to make this app better for you all.
    Didn't read all post but zedge.net is where I get all sounds/ring tones. Always amazes me the things I find over there.
    Just switched from diamond to pre and I AM LOVING IT. Great Site.
    Quote Originally Posted by topperharley829 View Post
    Didn't read all post but zedge.net is where I get all sounds/ring tones. Always amazes me the things I find over there.
    Just switched from diamond to pre and I AM LOVING IT. Great Site.
    i agree, i was just about to comment on zedge.net; love the site, excellent bites.
    This is such a wonderful app. It just keeps getting better. I can't wait for each new version to be released to see what you've included. Keep up the great work and know that your efforts are sincerely appreciated.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    this app is the best. Thanks Kaerey.
    On the wiki it had the message mod that you have to do to incorporate that into the app. With 1.1 is this fixed or do we still have to do the seperate mod to change the message sound?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    the wiki has been edited. Check again
    Thanks, as4life, but after the change, the messaging app wouldn't open. The wiki indicates that in the sendReminderNotification function, there's an if statement checking of the display and to apply changes to the if/else portions. Those were easy, since there is one line in the original to replace. However, in the sendNewMessageNotificationAndUpdateDashboard function, there are statements which seem to be "info" statements which start with: Mojo.Log.info("notificationAssistant....

are these to be removed? thus leaving the if statement only with: this.getandPlayMessagetone

and else statement only with:
    MessagingMojoService.getMessagetone

Also, is there something missing when adding the database call to the Messages Application? getMessagetone: function(callback) {

I ask because the messaging app wouldn't launch, so I commented out this addition in the messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs $file$ $and$ $the$ $messaging$ $app$ $was$ $able$ $to$ $launch$ $again$. $The$ $wiki$ $indicates$ $to$ $add$ $the$ &$quot$;$getMessagetone$&$quot$; $after$ $line$ $7$, $but$ $now$ $there$ $are$ $other$ $things$ $called$ $up$ $front$. $Kinda$ $doing$ $this$ $piece$ $by$ $piece$ $to$ $understand$ $what$'$s$ $causing$ $the$ $app$ $not$ $to$ $launch$ $with$ $the$ $mods$. $Thanks$ $so$ $much$.