Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Ahh ... ok. Yeah They overwrote the messaging app with a new version on this patch to better play with the contact reminders so it would wipe out your edits. I think there is a patch for it so try doing:
    Applying Patches - WebOS Internals
    So i couldn't find the patch so i manually edited the files and was able to get it to work again.
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    So i couldn't find the patch so i manually edited the files and was able to get it to work again.
    please post if its different
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    The IPK for My Notification has been updated so it is compatible with fileCoaster install.

I had used the old method of building the ipk by hand prior to getting the SDK and it was not compatible with fileCoaster.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omes000 View Post
    Well i thought i got it working but now i get both the notification and message tone going.

*Got it working now
    Last edited by as4life; 07/26/2009 at 12:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Code is the same but some of the edits are on different lines.
    this is pretty cool - keep developing guys.
    "I'm more Palm than Apple ever since I got my Pre!" - v12
    Anyone else having issues with not being able to set your own tone for texts after installing 1.1? I had this working before, but its not working anymore
    I can't get my texts to give me anything other than the usual. I am not comfortable with writing code and the only fix has us writing code that I could see. If the person who can "tell us how to write the code" would just do it in the program it would be much nicer and actually functional. So far, even though it is finally installed, it is useless.
    Myxer - Download Ringtones and More

When is a new version going to be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigal27 View Post
    Can someone make an IPK for the text message notification? I tried rooting into the phone and making the changes myself, but I don't understand how, and I'm afraid of screwing it up.
    Yes, I am with Prodigal on this one...would love to have the text notification but not sure how to do the wiki thing???? Any way to have an IPK to install for this??????
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inline325i View Post
    Yes, I am with Prodigal on this one...would love to have the text notification but not sure how to do the wiki thing???? Any way to have an IPK to install for this??????
    No, as of now there is no way to do this without editing the default palm program. And from what I know about IPK files, it can not "patch" an existing file.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Myxer - Download Ringtones and More

When is a new version going to be available?
    The things I was going to put into the new version are not possible right now unless I do what some other homebrew applications are doing and spoofing a palm ID (com.palm.application_name). fileCoaster and PrePod are doing this. The downloadManager which allows you to download files from within an application is technically only available to programs with the com.palm ID. So I am trying to work on the other methods or finding an alternate way to get ringtones and wallpapers onto the device.
    Great App!
    Real nice App. I just added one of my favorite blackberry sms tones!! I couldnt do that on the iphone lol
    Thanks! This app is very useful for me.
    how do i drag it out omg i cant figure this **** out but i would be great if i could
    thanks!!!!!!!!
    Man, I just used this and wow, easy to install and works great! Thank you so very much! If I could make a request: Is it possible to set different sounds for chat alerts, email alerts, etc? My wife "chats me up" at work a lot and I don't want Darth Vader saying "What is the bidding my master?" every 10 seconds.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    remember in super mario bros when you get coins? i would love for that sound to be for receiving text msg!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by confused05 View Post
    remember in super mario bros when you get coins? i would love for that sound to be for receiving text msg!
    Myxer - Ringtone - Super Mario Brothers 3 coin sound
    Coin Sound