Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Anyone have a place to download some nice sounds for this app?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post
    My favorites are on the first post.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    It wont install for me
    When I try to, it highlights for a few seconds, and then de-highlights. But it doesn't do anything. nothing appears in the launcher.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    My favorites are on the first post.
    lol yeah those were cool but they're not really what I was looking for.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    It wont install for me
    When I try to, it highlights for a few seconds, and then de-highlights. But it doesn't do anything. nothing appears in the launcher.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    You are describing the method for install that is clearly labeled for 1.0.3 only. You need to install via the SDK palm-install.bat method as I am assuming you have either 1.0.4 or 1.1
    You are describing the method for install that is clearly labeled for 1.0.3 only. You need to install via the SDK palm-install.bat method as I am assuming you have either 1.0.4 or 1.1
    oops, missed that
    Guessing the "SDK palm-install.bat" is the part with all of the rooting and stuff?
    I don't trust myself doing that...I'm pretty sure I'd end up screwing something up lol.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    oops, missed that
    Guessing the "SDK palm-install.bat" is the part with all of the rooting and stuff?
    I don't trust myself doing that...I'm pretty sure I'd end up screwing something up lol.
    No, just download the SDK you don't even need to be able to get it fully running, download and install the SDK, restart your system. Access the Developer Mode application by typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart in the universal search and selecting the app that pops up. Enable Dev Mode and Restart the Pre. Connect the pre to the and select "just charge" drag and drop the.ipk files of the programs you want on the palm-install.bat and it should install it.
    No, just download the SDK you don't even need to be able to get it fully running, download and install the SDK, restart your system. Access the Developer Mode application by typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart in the universal search and selecting the app that pops up. Enable Dev Mode and Restart the Pre. Connect the pre to the and select "just charge" drag and drop the.ipk files of the programs you want on the palm-install.bat and it should install it.
    How do I install the SDK? Is there an installer or something?
    New to SDKs, never messed with them b4. sorry for all the ?s lol
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    developer.palm.com signup, download, enjoy. There are stickys at the top of the homebrew app forum with more direct instructions on how to get everything running completely.
    phonezoo.com is awesome. go to their site and then download the ringer to your desktop and save it to your pre ringtones via usb mode.
    I love that I am able to change my text messaging tone now, being on call and having pages sent to my phone that would not wake me up was a big deal.

Would it be possible to have the center button light up when you have a new vm, text?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jskuyper View Post
    I love that I am able to change my text messaging tone now, being on call and having pages sent to my phone that would not wake me up was a big deal.

Would it be possible to have the center button light up when you have a new vm, text?
    I've been looking into this the most right now (because the other two things I want to do, I can't) and there is currently no way (that I have found) to subscribe to other notification events meaning, I can not have this app take any action when another notification is triggered.

This eliminates custom LED Notifications and a Repeating Reminder for un-acknowledged events.
    Anyone else having issues with not being able to set your own tone for texts after installing 1.1? I had this working before, but its not working anymore
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omes000 View Post
    Anyone else having issues with not being able to set your own tone for texts after installing 1.1? I had this working before, but its not working anymore
    do you mean with the messaging advanced option?

They probably overwrote the Messaging Application to work with the enhanced Contact Reminders so you would need to reapply the edits to the messaging application from the wiki.
    do you mean with the messaging advanced option?

They probably overwrote the Messaging Application to work with the enhanced Contact Reminders so you would need to reapply the edits to the messaging application from the wiki.
    Yessir I do. I tried following the wiki again, but they moved stuff around. I didnt give it much time though, and didnt want to fool around and mess something up. I will give it a second go

tanks
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    i tried editing the my notification app again post 1.1 and couldn't open up messaging app. I will try again later to see if i can get it to work again.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    i tried editing the my notification app again post 1.1 and couldn't open up messaging app. I will try again later to see if i can get it to work again.
    huh?
    Can someone make an IPK for the text message notification? I tried rooting into the phone and making the changes myself, but I don't understand how, and I'm afraid of screwing it up.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    huh?
    The advance option stopped working after 1.1. I attempted to fix it but i think i edited something wrong and ended up with a broken messaging app. I will retry later...
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    The advance option stopped working after 1.1. I attempted to fix it but i think i edited something wrong and ended up with a broken messaging app. I will retry later...
    Ahh ... ok. Yeah They overwrote the messaging app with a new version on this patch to better play with the contact reminders so it would wipe out your edits. I think there is a patch for it so try doing:
    Applying Patches - WebOS Internals