Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid422 View Post
    I did exactly what was requsted (the last time I did it from a forwarded email that does not work by they way. My error) this time and got the email, clicked on the link (that did stays highlighted then de-highlights when it is done) but nothing on the first page of the launcher (checked up, down, sideways, etc.) or any other page. I must be doing something wrong, but what?
    It depends on what version webOS you are using as per the instructions on the first post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    To install the app:

Stock [No Rooting] Method for WebOS 1.0.3 ONLY
    Click the email link below next to the .ipk file that says "Email Attachment." This will send an email to the email address registered to your PreCentral Account. So yes, this means you need to be a registered user. But really you should be one anyway as this is one of the best sites for Pre users to interact.

Once you recieve the email, it needs to be opened from the Pre EMAIL Application (you need to have an email account setup on your pre in order to install applications). Clicking on the link from the Pre EMAIL application will trigger a silent install. If you are watching closely, the link stays highlighted while it is downloaded and installed and de-highlights when it is done. At that point just open the launcher and the icon will be on the first page of your launcher

WebOS 1.0.4 [Rooting Required] Method
    Get the .zip file from below. I will not go into details on how to install this, please visit pre dev wiki: Welcome to the Pre/webOS Development Wiki for instructions on how to gain root access to your phone to install this app.
    Another Method: A user posted on page 13 another method to install apps post 1.0.4. I do not have the sdk so I can not provide assistance on this method of installation but others may. Check this post: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1722376
    Since I am assuming you are using 1.0.4. So you would want to use the section above for WebOS 1.0.4. If you don't have root access to your Pre you would want to follow the "another method" part. There is also a new GUI Installer in another section of the forums.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Thanks for taking the time to point the error of my way as indeed I am on 1.04 and neglected to absorb that portion of your instructions. I guess I'll have to do the rooting method to get the app. Or are you planning on putting out a non rooting version for those that have 1.04? Thanks again for your time.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid422 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to point the error of my way as indeed I am on 1.04 and neglected to absorb that portion of your instructions. I guess I'll have to do the rooting method to get the app. Or are you planning on putting out a non rooting version for those that have 1.04? Thanks again for your time.
    I normally don't get frustrated with people, but come on man... read.

Since I am assuming you are using 1.0.4. So you would want to use the section above for WebOS 1.0.4. If you don't have root access to your Pre you would want to follow the "another method" part. There is also a new GUI Installer in another section of the forums.
    The "another method" section refers to installing via the SDK palm-install.bat file and does not require rooting.
    I installes my notifications about a week ago. Ever since I did, my mp3 ringers work good except for the fact I can NOT stop the tone from playing if the volume is turned on! I have to turn volume switch OFF in order to (mute sound only), it doesn't stop the ringer like it believe it should....

Idk... Is anyone else having this problem????
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hu5t13man View Post
    I installes my notifications about a week ago. Ever since I did, my mp3 ringers work good except for the fact I can NOT stop the tone from playing if the volume is turned on! I have to turn volume switch OFF in order to (mute sound only), it doesn't stop the ringer like it believe it should....

how long are your mp3 ringtones?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hu5t13man View Post

From the first post:
    Be Advised. When the notification is triggered, it will play the entire sound and you can not stop it short. If you pick a 20 minute Phish & DMB Jam Session for your notification sound it will play all of it! Pick something short sweet and to the point. I've included my favorite sounds below.
    I had to remove your app from my pre and when I tried to put it back the icon will not show up. I used the NON ROOTING method (ipk file). I have downloaded others apps before and after removing it but can not reload this one app. Can any one help? I removed it by pressing the RED button on the key pad. Thats all the info I have for you.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htbc View Post
    I had to remove your app from my pre and when I tried to put it back the icon will not show up. I used the NON ROOTING method (ipk file). I have downloaded others apps before and after removing it but can not reload this one app. Can any one help? I removed it by pressing the RED button on the key pad. Thats all the info I have for you.
    Non-rooting email method or the SDK install method to reinstall it?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
    Non-rooting email method or the SDK install method to reinstall it?
    I have about 10 times it will not show up.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I have about 10 times it will not show up.
    that was a question not an instruction.
    Sorry... I used the "Drop File Here To Install" method to install it and I removed it by pressing the RED button on the key pad. Now it will not reinstall. I have installed others but I can not get this one back onto my phone.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Sorry... I used the "Drop File Here To Install" method to install it and I removed it by pressing the RED button on the key pad. Now it will not reinstall. I have installed others but I can not get this one back onto my phone.
    I have yet to install with that method, but I would suggest, restarting the phone if you haven't as there may be a conflict with the remaining folder structure until a reboot.
    In Pre Dev Wiki "Message Sound", where do I find this file to modify:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs

Is it on the phone? if so, how do I get to it?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    yes it's on the phone, if you head back to the wiki, root your phone, enable ipkg-opt, install an ssh client (dropbear or openssh), enable SFTP access you can edit the file in a text editor and copy it back over to the phone.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    lol kaerey... u have the patience of a saint! these guys are lucky I didn't get first post-backs or I'd flame the hell outta them. BTW, check your PMs...
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    BTW, check your PMs...
    Done. OMG! Seriously.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Have you posted the newest version here yet??
    thanks,
    wams
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Done. OMG! Seriously.
    Seriously!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMS View Post
    Have you posted the newest version here yet??
    thanks,
    wams
    No I haven't, but it's more of a downgrade right now until I get some other things added which I'm working with some other programmers with. The current version posted has more stuff in it then what I am expecting 0.2.0 to have.