Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Excellent work, thank you! Now I can add my Tribble sound as a notification - I've found that it's low enough in tone that most people do not notice it, but when you know what it is, you hear it!
    I'd be interested in the sound file, but your link doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    great app...works perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    If you [orange]+tap to delete the app, your sounds will be left at what ever the last settings were. I'll get to work on the restore defaults button. But just download the original sounds from the first post if you want them.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey
    I found some fun smorsels when exploring the code ....
    This is good news. Thanks again for the app to bridge the gap in the meantime.
    Thanks OP this is a great first step.

I specifically need one sound for SMS/Chat, one sound for EAS mail, one sound for personal mail and one sound for alert. Is this being worked on?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    As well as not only seperate sounds for email or sms but seperate sounds for each email ACCOUNT.
    SWEET. Now, come on Palm, get to work on these enhancements. You have a forum of beta testers here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    I specifically need one sound for SMS/Chat, one sound for EAS mail, one sound for personal mail and one sound for alert. Is this being worked on?
    Sounds like Palm will open up this functionality eventually. However I don't think HomeBrew folks can do it without altering Palm code, which is a no-no.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    Thanks OP this is a great first step.

Not yet, the palm code is setup to handle different sounds for each, but currently everything is then pointed to the notificationtone. I haven't found a way to change it with a simple app. It would need to be a patch to palm programs as of now. But I'm looking for a way to do it. some of the guys in the IRC are doing good work with patch files and that might a solution. But I'd prefer to not edit palm code like that for something that could be erased with an os update.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Thanks for the App! You guys are doing awesome work! I could have sworn I saw a screen shot of an app just like this, but you could change individual sounds, like the notification of a text message vs the notification of a mail message. Any ideas where that app is?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkc69 View Post
    Thanks for the App! You guys are doing awesome work! I could have sworn I saw a screen shot of an app just like this, but you could change individual sounds, like the notification of a text message vs the notification of a mail message. Any ideas where that app is?
    It was another sound app but those fields weren't active yet. just place holders for what they wanted to do. The final release removed those fields.
    Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering if the Palm code was written that way. Anyways, awesome work guys. can't believe what has been accomplished in only 3 weeks w/o an SDK!
    Brilliant! One future development request would be to have the center button flash when there are new unread notifications. I know it's been put out there before, but I guess this goes along the same lines at changing up the notifications. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaason View Post
    Brilliant! One future development request would be to have the center button flash when there are new unread notifications. I know it's been put out there before, but I guess this goes along the same lines at changing up the notifications. Thanks again!
    I'll look into it, I think some guys found the controls for the LEDs but it might be something that needs to be done with rooting. or from within the messaging or email applications. But I'll look around and encourage anyone else to look around and see what they can find. This program is for the people and open for anyone to work on via gitorious. And I'm usually always on these forums to help out.
    But just download the original sounds from the first post if you want them.

Any chance you can post them directly instead of pointing to another site? I am unable to access as is.

Thanks for the great homebrew app.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Awesome program guys! Just a special request for us "silent users"

I have to keep my phone on vibration function because of work. And as you know, the vibration function is very weak. Can you add options to control the vibration function. Example: Nudge the user when a notification happens. Allow the user to set it to occur every few minutes until the user dismisses the notification.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp700p View Post
    Awesome program guys! Just a special request for us "silent users"

I have to keep my phone on vibration function because of work. And as you know, the vibration function is very weak. Can you add options to control the vibration function. Example: Nudge the user when a notification happens. Allow the user to set it to occur every few minutes until the user dismisses the notification.
    There is a tutorial for this in one of the threads, don't know if it's been copied to the wiki yet. I'll work on it but again I think it's controlled from another app and requires a patch to a plam app.

But a great suggestion, I'll work on it.
    Hmm. I do not seem to be getting any sound notifications for e-mails.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    There is a tutorial for this in one of the threads, don't know if it's been copied to the wiki yet. I'll work on it but again I think it's controlled from another app and requires a patch to a plam app.

But a great suggestion, I'll work on it.
    Very cool, hope you can do it!

I have seen that tutorial, but it does involve rooting the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Hmm. I do not seem to be getting any sound notifications for e-mails.
    do you have sound notification turned on in the email preferences?
    I have it turned on for one of my accounts and off for the other less important one.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsecrets View Post
    I have it turned on for one of my accounts and off for the other less important one.
    I would also suggest checking the palm sounds and alerts app. There is no reference to volume settings in this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsecrets View Post
    I thought I did but lo and behold. Sorry for the brain cramp.
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast