Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    The "advanced" option of enabling a separate messages sound via rooting does work, but causes the reminder (SMS notification balloon icon on the bottom) to disappear right after the sound.

Try sending yourself a txt, then switch to another app. You'll notice the message notification sound works (assuming you set the "advanced" sound option & did the rooted hack for it), but the balloon icon disappears right after the sound. After I removed the rooted code, it worked as normal again, albeit without the custom message sound.

I suspect it has to with the clearbanner routine in the hack code, but feeling too lazy to investigate further...
    Quote Originally Posted by Imseth View Post
    my suggestion not to be an A.H. is to wait! if u dont want to root ( which by the way is totaly worth it!!!!) then u gotta wait, iphone is on 3.1 where as our sweet little pre's are barely about to get 1.1./ there is so much the pre still needs... ie flash support./ voice recording./ video rec./ and on and on./ root or wait thats the options./
    My experience is that saying "not to be an A.H" usually means you are being one.

That being said, If I knew how to root, I wouldn't be asking. For those of us (I am sure there are many) that can't or don't understand what we are doing on link " pre dev wiki: Message Sound " and don't want to mess up our phones.......seems to me to be a simple question. I personally have not found an easy site to learn the rooting. Listen to some of the YouTubes; they presume, as I am sure you did, that we know. Even people on those links say "what?". Being ugly doesn't resolve our problems. I am not afraid of rooting, I just don't know how.

So, point being, send me a link that teaches me in plain English how to root.......and an be nice......or don't answer.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Sorry I've been away for a while. Lots of great suggestions and stuff from the last few pages. I'll be going over them all again and see what I can for everyone.

As for the previous few posts; I've never rooted anything, typed a linux command, or even looked at java script code until I started on this. I thought I had bricked my phone one night and was in a panic. But I quickly learned this is nothing to fear except wasting time. You can not damage your phone beyond repair unless you mess with the boot stuff and I couldn't even tell you where that is. The WebOS Dr. Is AMAZING!!! If at anytime your pre doesn't boot up, turn it off, hold the volume up button and then insert the USB Cable and the WebOS Dr. can reset your phone.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Thanks Kaerey. good to know I can't mess it all up. I have my phone in Dev Mode. If I take your .ipk and drop in bat file, will I get the Advanced sound for messages? If not, can you direct me?

OR

Is there a place to drop the files from your .zip?

Thanks alot.
    Last edited by Vandyfc; 07/14/2009 at 06:06 PM.
    Just wanted to point out that the title of this thread indicates that the app version is 1.0.3 but the ipk file and the version that is reported after installation is 0.1.3. Not a big deal just a little confusing.
    Great App, keep up the excellent work Kaerey, your efforts are greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    To those who dont know, you can install this app via the non-root method and the .ipk is the first link provided by Kaerey on the first page. However you cannot use the function that allows you to set sounds strictly for messaging and nothing else.
    this app has saved me alot of configuration time.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanp316 View Post
    To those who dont know, you can install this app via the non-root method and the .ipk is the first link provided by Kaerey on the first page. However you cannot use the function that allows you to set sounds strictly for messaging and nothing else.
    Your last sentence answered the question I have been asking. I don't even know what programs or what I am suppose to get into to change the advanced settings.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Just wanted to point out that the title of this thread indicates that the app version is 1.0.3 but the ipk file and the version that is reported after installation is 0.1.3. Not a big deal just a little confusing.
    That's because I'm an *****
    Lovin' it, Thanks for the treo sounds as well.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfc View Post
    Your last sentence answered the question I have been asking. I don't even know what programs or what I am suppose to get into to change the advanced settings.

Thanks.
    When on the App in the upper left hand corner hit the drop down and you will see the advanced settings...
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I'm putting together version 0.2.0 right now this is primarily a release that removes features. That may sound weird but I think it's what I need to do. I am getting it ready to submit to the app catalog whenever that becomes possible and I don't want something in it that palm might not like.

expected v0.2.0 changes:
    ID Change: from org.webosinternals.kaerey.app.mynotification to com.michaelpule.mynotification (Delete previous version to remove, installing new version will not overwrite)
    Remove Advanced Options: messaging sound
    Remove unneeded Audio-Luna File
    Remove native ringtone selection
    Remove native wallpaper selection
    Add quick link to Palm Sounds and Alerts App to change ringtone
    Add quick link to Palm Screen & Lock App to change wallpaper
    Clean up CSS

Since I am changing the program ID I will keep both versions posted so people can decide what they want. infact you should be able to run both if you wanted to.

I am still working on finding a way to be able to access a library of ringtones and wallpaper to download and use on your pres.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kaerey; 07/16/2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Oh! and editing with eclipse and the PalmSDK Is WICKED EASY AND FAST!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanp316 View Post
    When on the App in the upper left hand corner hit the drop down and you will see the advanced settings...
    I wasn't clear. I know how to get to that part but to make it use the message sound, I don't. I was thanking you for making it clear that I couldn't use the message sound option without more knowledge.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfc View Post
    I wasn't clear. I know how to get to that part but to make it use the message sound, I don't. I was thanking you for making it clear that I couldn't use the message sound option without more knowledge.

Thanks
    You need to apply the edits to the messaging application at the link in the app below the messaging sound field. You need to have Root access to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Remove native ringtone selection
    Kaerey I love the app... but why do you think Palm will have a problem w/ your app if it restores default sounds?

Also, with the release of the SDK is there more hope of a LED notifications?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Kaerey I love the app... but why do you think Palm will have a problem w/ your app if it restores default sounds?

Also, with the release of the SDK is there more hope of a LED notifications?
    Not restoring default sounds, removing the field in my app that allows to select the ringtone since it duplicates a function in a palm app. Same with wallpaper.
    Hi. I can't seem to get your app installed. I go to the link by typing it in and it keeps opening up blank windows. Please help as this is the app I was looking for!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid422 View Post
    Hi. I can't seem to get your app installed. I go to the link by typing it in and it keeps opening up blank windows. Please help as this is the app I was looking for!
    Read through the instructions on the first post again. You don't type the address in anywhere.
    I did exactly what was requsted (the last time I did it from a forwarded email that does not work by they way. My error) this time and got the email, clicked on the link (that did stays highlighted then de-highlights when it is done) but nothing on the first page of the launcher (checked up, down, sideways, etc.) or any other page. I must be doing something wrong, but what?