Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 766
  1. #341  
    I can't figure out how to set the "messaging" to a custom sound.
  2. mackgunz's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #342  
    im havning trouble installing this app once i send it to the emails i click on the links 1 jus highlights and the other says theres nothin to support it could this b cause ive updated my pre?
  3. Spazo's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by mackgunz View Post
    im havning trouble installing this app once i send it to the emails i click on the links 1 jus highlights and the other says theres nothin to support it could this b cause ive updated my pre?
    *shakes head*

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ll-method.html

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-1-0-4-a.html
  4. #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    You can return to the default sounds by selecting "Reset Defaults" from the drop down menu. Also, I believe the app plays the entire mp3 file, regardless of length - so you will want to use a short sound for your alert/notification sounds.
    Thank you...you know, I've had this phone for almost a month and I still seem to forget about the drop down menu in programs.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
  5. its114's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #345  
    Works great and I have the 1.0.4 update
  6. seanp316's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #346  
    Am a noob but have learned the rooting process and have rooted apps to my pre successfully as i am post 1.0.4 , but can figure this one out. Usually the other apps have coding and... Dont even know where to start. Someone point me in the right direction.... Thanks
  7. seanp316's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #347  
    And for those saying they used the simple ipk method, where is the ipk file, ive unrared and don't see a ipk. Dont mind rooting either just need code or anything.. thanks for the app release tho.
  8. #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by seanp316 View Post
    And for those saying they used the simple ipk method, where is the ipk file, ive unrared and don't see a ipk. Dont mind rooting either just need code or anything.. thanks for the app release tho.
    the ipk file is on the first post. Its the first file.
  9. #349  
    I was hoping the wallpaper was a randomizer. But I am glad for the update! Works great for me!
  10. seanp316's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #350  
    Couple Things to the creator or anyone that knows...
    If i pick a long song and get a call... Can i answer and the song will continue to play or can i not answer till the song is over?
    Is there any way to only isolate the text message notification only and not use the other notifications such as ringtones, Cal....

    Keary, is there any way you would be able to enhance this App to allow users to modify the text message sound for all peeps in contacts as opposed to having just 1 sound for all msgs.

    TO ALL APP CREATORS- does it seem that an app can be created to take video or is that something that would need to be integrated to the phone by Palm creators?
    Thanks for all responses!!!!!
  11. #351  
    Ok, so I'm very new to the homebrew scene. Did manage to install a couple of games today. So my question is; does the pre need to be rooted to install this or not? As that would be way beyond my comfort zone.

    Appreciate all the hard work you guys...and girls. Wish that palm could work half as fast as some of you.
  12. #352  
    nice app, anyway to edit the length of the sound?
  13. #353  
    The "advanced" option of enabling a separate messages sound via rooting does work, but causes the reminder (SMS notification balloon icon on the bottom) to disappear right after the sound.

    Try sending yourself a txt, then switch to another app. You'll notice the message notification sound works (assuming you set the "advanced" sound option & did the rooted hack for it), but the balloon icon disappears right after the sound. After I removed the rooted code, it worked as normal again, albeit without the custom message sound.

    I suspect it has to with the clearbanner routine in the hack code, but feeling too lazy to investigate further...
  14. as4life's Avatar
    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    The "advanced" option of enabling a separate messages sound via rooting does work, but causes the reminder (SMS notification balloon icon on the bottom) to disappear right after the sound.

    Try sending yourself a txt, then switch to another app. You'll notice the message notification sound works (assuming you set the "advanced" sound option & did the rooted hack for it), but the balloon icon disappears right after the sound. After I removed the rooted code, it worked as normal again, albeit without the custom message sound.

    I suspect it has to with the clearbanner routine in the hack code, but feeling too lazy to investigate further...
    I'm not sure what ur talking about. I did this mod and i still get the little notification balloon on the bottom
  15. #355  
    nice stuff, something that should have been on the phone since day 1- either way hope they update it so that it wont play the noice all the way through...sucks when I'm in the middle of class and forget to put my phone on silent...ouch
  16. #356  
    perfect simple and easy! Thank you for your work!!!
  17. #357  
    Another Method: A user posted on page 13 another method to install apps post 1.0.4. I do not have the sdk so I can not provide assistance on this method of installation but others may. Check this post: "My Notification" [No Rooting Needed]
    Nice! This method works great~
  18. #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    The "advanced" option of enabling a separate messages sound via rooting does work, but causes the reminder (SMS notification balloon icon on the bottom) to disappear right after the sound.

    Try sending yourself a txt, then switch to another app. You'll notice the message notification sound works (assuming you set the "advanced" sound option & did the rooted hack for it), but the balloon icon disappears right after the sound. After I removed the rooted code, it worked as normal again, albeit without the custom message sound.

    I suspect it has to with the clearbanner routine in the hack code, but feeling too lazy to investigate further...
    Kaerey, Palmcrash, anyone,

    Is there a way (I feel like I have read everything) to have the "advanced messaging" WITHOUT all the code or rooting? I would just like to have a message alert vs the same for all notifications for those nights on call. I have pre-development on if needed.

    Suggestions appreciated.
  19. Imseth's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfc View Post
    Kaerey, Palmcrash, anyone,

    Is there a way (I feel like I have read everything) to have the "advanced messaging" WITHOUT all the code or rooting? I would just like to have a message alert vs the same for all notifications for those nights on call. I have pre-development on if needed.

    Suggestions appreciated.
    my suggestion not to be an A.H. is to wait! if u dont want to root ( which by the way is totaly worth it!!!!) then u gotta wait, iphone is on 3.1 where as our sweet little pre's are barely about to get 1.1./ there is so much the pre still needs... ie flash support./ voice recording./ video rec./ and on and on./ root or wait thats the options./
  20. #360  
    Thanks!

Posting Permissions