Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    Great app. Thanks!
    Is this someone else trying to get their post count up past 10 (like me)?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I like to think of it as genuine appreciation
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Works great thanks for the app keep it up
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Both. It really is a great app. Not sure why Sprint didn't include this functionality from the start.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    Both. It really is a great app. Not sure why Sprint didn't include this functionality from the start.
    I agree. One of the biggest problems I have with the Pre, even though it's not that bad, is that I can't set my own notification sounds. But with this app, now I can. Thanks a lot for this great app.
    For a phone as futuristic as the Pre, I think the notification sound should be the Star Trek Communicator.

Here is a zip as we cannot upload an mp3 directly. The Star Trek Phaser mp3 is included as good measure as well as some variations of sounds for you to see what you like best.

Just copy the Star_Trek_Communicator.mp3 into the Palm ringtone subdirectory and choose it from the Notifications App.

- Craig
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/09/2009 at 02:05 PM.
    Thanks for the great app! I like being able to change the notifications... however... when I deleted the app (so I can reinstall the updated version)... it didn't reset my notifications.

Secondly, is there a way to silent notifications for situations where I'm in a call? When I'm in a call, my notifications for everything (battery, appointment, msg - fb/txt/im) will make a noise, usually loud enough for the person at the opposite end to complain.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Awesome app keep um coming!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Thanks again for the app. Works great. I've attached a few alert tones or beeps that I created - thought others might get some use from them as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    so does anyone have a site of normal alerts or sounds that we can use for a text message
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I am having a strange problem trying to install. I get an error: palm-install: FAILED_PACKAGEFILE_CORRUPT

I have tried both dropping the ipk on the palm-install and also with the command line: palm-install -d tcp webosinternals.kaerey.mynotification_0.1.3.ipk
    NOTE: This line is for the simulator because I was having the same problem on my Pre.

Anybody ever see this errror? An idea where I look. I know that I have something wrong because nobody else has reported this error.

thanks
    Just installed this app. Awesome!!! Great job!
    Im getting a corrupt error also.
    Thanks for the app. I tried to do the mod on pre wiki dot and I kept getting but it keep killing my app. I really wanted the other sound. On a side note, have you found where the hanging up sound is located so that it can be disabled like the charging sound?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i love you homebrew pioneers *cry*

and thanks to the people that found and donated sounds

this works perfect
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    The app works great but when I changed my messaging tone it keeps going even when I check my message, it goes for the full length of the ringer it seems. I can't go back to the default one since it's not in the list. Any ideas on how to get it back to normal?
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    works great installed it on two phones last night no problems
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 06MS6 View Post
    The app works great but when I changed my messaging tone it keeps going even when I check my message, it goes for the full length of the ringer it seems. I can't go back to the default one since it's not in the list. Any ideas on how to get it back to normal?
    You can return to the default sounds by selecting "Reset Defaults" from the drop down menu. Also, I believe the app plays the entire mp3 file, regardless of length - so you will want to use a short sound for your alert/notification sounds.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Kaerey, you should consider another version to include the ability to turn off or change the low battery and charging alerts. (those BaBings @ 3am when the battery is low are ANNOYING)
    it is all in here;
    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    In the future releases of this app would you be able to include all of the Pre sound settings with volume sliders for each?

I hate that I have to go to the ringer portion, then the clock > alarm, then the "my notifications". It would be so much more convenient to have all of the sound settings in one spot with volume sliders.