Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    sorry for the delay i was away your pre will tell you it needs to restart it that simple really.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    /sigh

someone please help me out. ive tried the posted method over and over and i still get the same problem, i even tried re-installing the sdk. no luck. i still cant install homebrew apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by roor View Post
    /sigh

someone please help me out. ive tried the posted method over and over and i still get the same problem, i even tried re-installing the sdk. no luck. i still cant install homebrew apps.
    Same frustration for me. I tried running everything in the exact order and it just wasn't working. So I decided to run the palm sdk emulator without starting virtualbox beforehand. Then I hooked up my pre in just charge, still nothing.

So, I closed the palm sdk, and tried going to "program files\palm\sdk\bin" in command prompt and running "palm-install -d usb -l" (that's a lowercase L), to get a list of installed programs. Got "palm-install: no device found"

So, I unplugged it and replugged it back in, did it again, and voila! A listing of all my programs.

Now I typed in "palm-install -d usb <programname.ipk>" and voila, it worked! As soon as it was done installing and went back to the command prompt, the program popped up on my pre.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aolbites View Post
    Same frustration for me. I tried running everything in the exact order and it just wasn't working. So I decided to run the palm sdk emulator without starting virtualbox beforehand. Then I hooked up my pre in just charge, still nothing.

So, I closed the palm sdk, and tried going to "program files\palm\sdk\bin" in command prompt and running "palm-install -d usb -l" (that's a lowercase L), to get a list of installed programs. Got "palm-install: no device found"

So, I unplugged it and replugged it back in, did it again, and voila! A listing of all my programs.

Now I typed in "palm-install -d usb <programname.ipk>" and voila, it worked! As soon as it was done installing and went back to the command prompt, the program popped up on my pre.

Hope this helps.
    I will have to try that later, cause thats not working just yet, right now im trying to get the emulator to work. For some reason when i click on it, it acts like its working, and then nothing happens.

i downloaded virtualbox, i got that up and running, i don't really understand how it works, but i still cant seem to get the sdk to launch, at first i thought it was cause i was running xp, but i'm sure i'm doing something else wrong.
    Aolbites, had you already rooted your Pre? I too am running into this problem. I am thinking this thread is for those who have not performed any of those (ie Root) steps. If you have already rooted (usbnet, etc) your device, I highly suspect you can skip many of these steps. The first post with a link back to Pre-Dev is not much help as it is a dead link. I am about to try your steps and will report back my findings.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    keep me posted via PM if you have to, i kind of want to get this working haha.

i am running a stock un-rooted pre with sprint service.

and id like to change my notification sounds w/o voiding my warranty.
    I'll be dammed -- Aolbites, you hit it on the nose! If you have rooted yours (as I have), then I would suspect this may have to do with duplicate steps being performed (ie Novacom driver installation, reboots, etc) and the fact that they do not need to be applied. I tried Pre-Dev link in the first post for non-SDK installation and it was a dead link. I would modify the instructions to read (shortened of course):

1.) Install Virtual Box
    2.) Install SDK
    3.) Dev Mode Pre
    4.) Connect through USB and verify Novacom connection
    5.) Start SDK
    5.) Perform Aolbites method.

My 2 cents...either way...thanks for all the input guys! Great app to Kaerey!
    Last edited by svx; 07/06/2009 at 09:52 PM.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by svx View Post
    I'll be dammed -- Aolbites, you hit it on the nose! If you have rooted yours (as I have), then I would suspect this may have to do with duplicate steps being performed (ie Novacom driver installation, reboots, etc) and the fact that they do not need to be applied. I tried Pre-Dev link in the first post for non-SDK installation and it was a dead link. I would modify the instructions to read (shortened of course):

1.) Install Virtual Box
    2.) Install SDK
    3.) Dev Mode Pre
    4.) Connect through USB and verify Novacom connection
    5.) Start SDK
    5.) Perform Aolbites method.

My 2 cents...either way...thanks for all the input guys! Great app to Kaerey!
    Yeah, that sounds good. Mine isn't rooted. I have no desire to mess with that just yet, but we shall see. I know the frustration some were going through tho, since it seemed like I was doing all the steps and just wasn't getting it to work.

BTW, SVX's rock! I had a 92.
    Last edited by aolbites; 07/06/2009 at 11:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ^^^^^

First and foremost... Thanks to Kaerey!!!... That default SMS notification was killing me. LoL!!

I installed the Virtual Box and already had the SDK installed on Windows 7 RC... I went into the programs folder and ran the Novacom.exe (I dunno if I needed to or not), right clicked on palm-install.bat (and selected run as admin) and went into Dev mode and connected via USB.

Started dragging .ipk's to the palm-install.bat, and have downloading everything ever since. :-)

I didn't even have to disconnect the Pre after each install or anything, that's awesome!!

Oh, and my Pre isn't rooted or anything... it was fairly easy.
    Great work, Kaerey!
    Incidentally, how is your wallpaper feature different from the one in the stock Screen/Lock app?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMatza View Post
    Great work, Kaerey!
    Incidentally, how is your wallpaper feature different from the one in the stock Screen/Lock app?
    It's not yet. I'm working on connecting it to an online resource so you can browse and download new wall papers and notification sounds.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    It's not yet. I'm working on connecting it to an online resource so you can browse and download new wall papers and notification sounds.
    pimp
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Been looking for something like this! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    That would be awesome!! Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Now that i finally got this working i want to thank kaerey for the application ive been needing since day one.

It would be cool if i could change the sounds for sms, email, voicemail, alerts all separately. That way i wouldn't have to take my phone out of my pocket every time i receive a notification. Or have the LED pulse when a notification is waiting to be checked, but thats me being picky. this application is one of the big key features that's missing in a pre.
    I have read this thread and was wondering if there is any particular reason I am having a problem installing this on the emulator.

I get a message that says "FAILED_PACKAGEFILE_CORRUPT" when it is trying to install on the emulator. I have the emulator running and I am in the command prompt running 64 bit vista business. I am in the directory c:\palm\sdk\bin and the command I am running is shown below.

palm-install -d tcp webosinternals.kaerey.mynotification_0.1.3.ipk

I don't know what is happening but this is the first thing I am even trying to install and I wanted to take it for a test drive on the emulator first. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I was able to install another homebrew program onto the emulator. I don't know what is going on.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 07/08/2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Successfully installed other programs
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I have read this thread and was wondering if there is any particular reason I am having a problem installing this on the emulator.

I get a message that says "FAILED_PACKAGEFILE_CORRUPT" when it is trying to install on the emulator. I have the emulator running and I am in the command prompt running 64 bit vista business. I am in the directory c:\palm\sdk\bin and the command I am running is shown below.

palm-install -d tcp webosinternals.kaerey.mynotification_0.1.3.ipk

I don't know what is happening but this is the first thing I am even trying to install and I wanted to take it for a test drive on the emulator first. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I was able to install another homebrew program onto the emulator. I don't know what is going on.
    No Clue, I don't have the emulator or SDK. That IPK is built to have been installed via the email hole that has since been fixed. And others have had luck with it via the bat file install method over usb to the device. Hopefully someone else can help you with it.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    No Clue, I don't have the emulator or SDK. That IPK is built to have been installed via the email hole that has since been fixed. And others have had luck with it via the bat file install method over usb to the device. Hopefully someone else can help you with it.
    Gotcha. I might try the bat file install method. Thanks for the great app and work.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    EXCELLENT app OP. Very well done! It's been said before, but this is a feature that SHOULD have been on the device from the beginning. Why it wasn't, I have no idea.

I know you said you don't see an easy way to do it, but just for the record, a way to have different alert sounds for SMS and e-mail would make this app simply perfect.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Great app. Thanks!