Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 766
  1. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Ok, so I've reverted back to my Blue color....

    Any who, I just tried the "Just Charge Method" (as music did) and I, too, can confirm that my Pre now has the latest "My Notification" version! YAY!!!

    My process was close to what Music posted but I had to download and install the NovacomInstaller_x86.msi as well as VirtualBox. Two additional steps that has been done by most who have rooted their Pres but seeing that I haven't rooted, I had to get these other two programs. All are free.

    ROCK ON KAEREY!!!!
    VirtualBox isn't needed for rooting. If you already installed novacom, you're just a simple novaproxy connection and lots of typing away from a rooted pre.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  2. Spazo's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #262  
    Well, shiz.

    Oh well, but when I ran the emulator the first time, it said I needed it. *shrugs*
  3. #263  
    Looks like a great app Kaerey. I am not able to download the app however. It keeps telling me I need to be logged in, which I am. Another question, assuming I figure out how to get it downloaded and installed: Will I be able to benefit from your future improvements to the app once my phone has 1.0.4 installed? Thanks,
    Ken
  4. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Looks like a great app Kaerey. I am not able to download the app however. It keeps telling me I need to be logged in, which I am. Another question, assuming I figure out how to get it downloaded and installed: Will I be able to benefit from your future improvements to the app once my phone has 1.0.4 installed? Thanks,
    Ken
    There was a post a few pages back that provided instructions on how to install the ipk file once in 1.0.4 that looks to be a bit easier then the rooting method. But I have not tried it yet.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  5. #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    There was a post a few pages back that provided instructions on how to install the ipk file once in 1.0.4 that looks to be a bit easier then the rooting method. But I have not tried it yet.
    I've tried it. It works great.
  6. #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Well, shiz.

    Oh well, but when I ran the emulator the first time, it said I needed it. *shrugs*
    You need VirtualBox to run the emulator yes, but you don't have to have the emulator running to do that SDK trick.
  7. tycoonbob's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #267  
    Followed musics steps, I was unsuccessful at installing this app. I have the SDK installed, as well as VM 3.0.0. I take the 1.0.3 My Notification .ipk, drag and drop onto palm-install.bat, I see cmd prompt open and say something then it closes. Nothing else happens. Phone is in just charge mode, and never gets a new app added. I have restarted both my phone and my pc. Any ideas?
  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by tycoonbob View Post
    Followed musics steps, I was unsuccessful at installing this app. I have the SDK installed, as well as VM 3.0.0. I take the 1.0.3 My Notification .ipk, drag and drop onto palm-install.bat, I see cmd prompt open and say something then it closes. Nothing else happens. Phone is in just charge mode, and never gets a new app added. I have restarted both my phone and my pc. Any ideas?
    There are instructions on issuing a command through the CMD prompt to install. I had to go this route because the drag/drop onto the install.bat didn't work for me. But, the command line did work. I've installed MyNotifications, Paint and GM Bookmarks using this method.

    Paint is just cool.
  9. tycoonbob's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    There are instructions on issuing a command through the CMD prompt to install. I had to go this route because the drag/drop onto the install.bat didn't work for me. But, the command line did work. I've installed MyNotifications, Paint and GM Bookmarks using this method.

    Paint is just cool.
    Link to these instructions? =]
  10. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by tycoonbob View Post
    Link to these instructions? =]
    I believe it is http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1722376
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  11. tycoonbob's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    As stated in my original post, I followed music's [as in the user musichighc_2] instructions, being those that you just linked. As stated in my original post, those instructions didn't work. jwdesselle stated that he also had a similar problem, and that he found instructions informing how to install a homebrew app via cmd prompt, instead of the drag and drop onto install.bat. I do thank you for your reply, whether it was genuine, or sarcastic...and also thanks for the app. It looks/sounds like a great thing, and I would love to try it out on my stock 1.0.4 Pre.
  12. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by tycoonbob View Post
    As stated in my original post, I followed music's [as in the user musichighc_2] instructions, being those that you just linked. As stated in my original post, those instructions didn't work. jwdesselle stated that he also had a similar problem, and that he found instructions informing how to install a homebrew app via cmd prompt, instead of the drag and drop onto install.bat. I do thank you for your reply, whether it was genuine, or sarcastic...and also thanks for the app. It looks/sounds like a great thing, and I would love to try it out on my stock 1.0.4 Pre.
    Sorry missed what instructions you were looking for. Hopefully one of those guys comes back and can help you. I'm staying genuine and not getting the sdk until I get accepted to the actual program. And by doing it the hard way I've really learned a lot. I now know how to unpack ipk's in cygwin and have working sftp access to my pre so that I can copy and past files around.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  13. dnezat's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #273  
    This app is amazing... It would really be awesome if you got the vibration control and led lights working. Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate it!!!
  14. #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by tycoonbob View Post
    Link to these instructions? =]
    Try these out: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...pre-howto.html

    Post back. I'm running out the door, but searched and found these. I'll check on ya when I get back!
  15. sam1am's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    #275  
    If you want to install without having the SDK (but still rooting your phone), you can use ipkg-opt install FILENAME.ipk.

    You will then need to restart luna.
  16. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    If you want to install without having the SDK (but still rooting your phone), you can use ipkg-opt install FILENAME.ipk.

    You will then need to restart luna.
    That only applies to items in the optware directory I believe. This file to my knowledge is not apart of that resource.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  17. #277  
    Kaerey would you be able to make an adjustment to the app making the phone vibrate everytime I receive a txt or an instant message pls
  18. mikneb's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #278  
    Love the application, good work!

    What's the ETA on making the gesture area LED notifications light up from texts/messages? =D
  19. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by NxtBestQban View Post
    Kaerey would you be able to make an adjustment to the app making the phone vibrate everytime I receive a txt or an instant message pls
    That's a setting in the default sounds and alert app.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  20. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikneb View Post
    Love the application, good work!

    What's the ETA on making the gesture area LED notifications light up from texts/messages? =D
    indefinite. I haven't been able to find a setting that I can control in a preference or anything. If you want to root the pre and manually edit Palm apps it can be done.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch

Posting Permissions