Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Well when you put it that way it doesn't sound too astonishing, but it was big for me because I got to learn about scenes and the appMenu and that I still can't figure out css to make stuff look pretty.

For me big for others, maybe not so much. Sorry to disappoint.
    I think it's a great feat! Sorry I upgraded and couldn't test it out.

I myself just got access to the webos early access program. I haven't tried anything just yet though.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xberserker View Post
    I myself just got access to the webos early access program. I haven't tried anything just yet though.
    Damn I'm jealous I still haven't been accepted.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahedi View Post
    Getting the endless card effect.
    Are you clicking the email LINK or trying to open the file as an attachment?

And are you still on 1.0.3? The email install will NOT work with 1.0.4.
    I haven't done any type of coding in a long time... however I feel that if you were able to get into the the Screen & Lock App then getting into Sounds & Ringtones APP and turning off System Sounds at a user defined interval should be right around the corner...

Well maybe not right around the corner as your a k-state fan (they always seem to be lagging) but at least in due time

cheers!
    changing wall papers? How bout rotating automatically?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    changing wall papers? How bout rotating automatically?
    Rotating what? the background?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Are you clicking the email LINK or trying to open the file as an attachment?

And are you still on 1.0.3? The email install will NOT work with 1.0.4.
    Yezzur that is correct still on 1.0.3, I think I accidently sent the zip file to myself; however now Precentral is taking what seems like a mad long time (since my last post) to send that linked ipk email.

Tried reinstalling the .02 version, didn't work. And I deleted it already.

Edit: Precentral just emailed, installed perfect.

No wonder Kaerey's been thanked over 100 times!
    Last edited by Wahedi; 06/30/2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Correction
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thank You! This works very well. I'm downloading apps quickly, before 1.04 stops this. I hope Palm releases the SDK soon. I will watch for new apps from you.
    Question: Should I uninstall the old version (orange key + tap icon; methinks) before installing your new updated version?
    Well when you put it that way it doesn't sound too astonishing, but it was big for me because I got to learn about scenes and the appMenu and that I still can't figure out css to make stuff look pretty.

For me big for others, maybe not so much. Sorry to disappoint.
    Haha sorry. Didn't mean it that way. Just was wondering if I should download this new version, considering that I'm too lazy to root my pre.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiG View Post
    Question: Should I uninstall the old version (orange key + tap icon; methinks) before installing your new updated version?
    You shouldn't have to, but wouldn't hurt.

Oh and that reminds me I was looking at this the other night, the orange key + tap to delete deletes all files, but leaves the folder structure for any app downloaded from the app catalog or homebrewed app.
    Ty!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Well maybe not right around the corner as your a k-state fan (they always seem to be lagging) but at least in due time
    Well, I couldn't let this slide. As another K-Stater (go cats!), I just thought I'd point out the fact that, even if we are a bit slower (which isn't true), it would be because we spell things correctly. Your? How about "you are" or "you're." Silly Tiger.

Btw, anyone try updating their version via the methods posted elsewhere re: usb & "just charge"? I'm gonna try after I eat some dinner and feed the pooch. I got some Tiger meat at the store... pretty fatty and worthless if you ask me but the dog likes it.
    Rotating what? the background?
    Yes. Alot of people requesting. Is that posible yet since your able to change a setting..?

Before next update? (gee we want it all don't we?.... :-)
    I just did the usb + just recharge method it works!!!!!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musichighc_2 View Post
    I just did the usb + just recharge method it works!!!!!
    The what?
    Is there a way to update the program ? I downloaded it before the last palm update
    UOTE=sir_mycroft;1720756]In six easy steps!

This is what I have learned so far (from this site and others). Corrections are welcomed and appreciated.

1. Download the Mojo SDK to your PC by going here: Palm Pre Mojo SDK Download Leaked To The Web (Links Updated!) | Pre Insiders

2. Set your Pre to developer mode by typing the following in Universal Search: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart. Follow the prompts.

3. Hook your Pre to your PC in “Just Charge” mode. Files will (automatically?) install.

4. Restart your Pre.

5. Download the desired app to your PC from the Homebrew App thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/

6. Drag the .ipk file for the Homebrew App onto Program Files>Palm>SDK>bin>palm-install.bat on the PC (a cmd prompt will pop up and after this you should see the app icon in your programs on the Pre).

7. Profit!

(with thanks to members JohnLBurger and DryBonz)

Please note: I have not tested this personally as of yet. I will by tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I used this method and I'm reporting that it works
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    Is there a way to update the program ? I downloaded it before the last palm update
    You would need to follow the 1.0.4 method on the first post
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Ok, so I've reverted back to my Blue color....

Any who, I just tried the "Just Charge Method" (as music did) and I, too, can confirm that my Pre now has the latest "My Notification" version! YAY!!!

My process was close to what Music posted but I had to download and install the NovacomInstaller_x86.msi as well as VirtualBox. Two additional steps that has been done by most who have rooted their Pres but seeing that I haven't rooted, I had to get these other two programs. All are free.

ROCK ON KAEREY!!!!