Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I have 1.0.3 and downloaded it to my email, but when I click the file my pre says cannot find an application which can open this file
    This is great. The Pre needs to have this natively!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotbike View Post
    I have 1.0.3 and downloaded it to my email, but when I click the file my pre says cannot find an application which can open this file
    You need to send the LINK to the address NOT the file as an attachment. Click the LINK from the Pre email application.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coachgs View Post
    This is great. The Pre needs to have this natively!
    I am sure it will, and when it does I'll leave it to the pros and retire this unless there is some other need.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    You need to send the LINK to the address NOT the file as an attachment. Click the LINK from the Pre email application.
    Yea a second after I posted that I figured it out, I am so SMRT
    Can the package be installed manually with ipkg? Can I talk you into putting the .ipk out there somewhere I can download it? I too suffer from on-call responsibility and would really like to change the tone to something that's likely to wake me up.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by europa48138 View Post
    Can the package be installed manually with ipkg? Can I talk you into putting the .ipk out there somewhere I can download it? I too suffer from on-call responsibility and would really like to change the tone to something that's likely to wake me up.
    If you are familiar with ipkg, then you could unpack this, open the compressed files inside and get to the application folder and then copy it to the correct location on the device. Check predev.wikidot.com.
    Or, better yet, are there configuration files or database records that can be modified to change only the tone/volume associated with text messages?
    Just saw your reply, I can do that. Where do I find the file? I downloaded from the link, but just got a zero length file.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Or, better yet, are there configuration files or database records that can be modified to change only the tone/volume associated with text messages?
    with just text messages? I don't think so, but if you open the default sounds and alerts program there is a slider for overall volume and ringtone volume.

There was also a thread somewhere in the forums where someone increased the gain on the default sounds.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Just saw your reply, I can do that. Where do I find the file? I downloaded from the link, but just got a zero length file.
    really...... did you try and download the link from the front page? I dont' think that works. Click the email link and then you can get it from the link that is emailed to you.

Edit, I just tried clicking the link on the first post and it downloaded just fine.
    Already in the next version! It should be available sometime tonight if the baby goes to bed early.

What to expect:
    New "About" Scene
    "Advanced Options" for if you have your Pre rooted and applied some mods.
    Version Number
    Revert "pre alert" and "pre notification" to notification.wav and alert.wav when "Reset Defaults"

Edit: Current email link will be taken down on Wednesday get it fast and then upgrade to 1.0.4
    Can you still update this app to the new version you are working on since you said you might be able to finish it tonight and you said you were leaving the link to the app online till Wednesday for those of us who haven't updated to 1.0.4 yet???...sorry if that's asking a lot but I've been waiting since the day the pre was released to have more detailed options for system ringers...I'm really impressed with your work...and thanks for all your contributions
    OK, that link worked, ended up with webosinternals.kaerey.mynotification.0-0-2.ipk, but can't figure out how to unpack it. I've tried tar tv, tar tvz, both tar and gzip complain about the file. What's the secret to unpacking an ipk file? Sorry for the newbie questions.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    OK, that link worked, ended up with webosinternals.kaerey.mynotification.0-0-2.ipk, but can't figure out how to unpack it. I've tried tar tv, tar tvz, both tar and gzip complain about the file. What's the secret to unpacking an ipk file? Sorry for the newbie questions.
    I'd prefer not to go into details of it here, but check out pre dev wiki: Welcome to the Pre/webOS Development Wiki you may find some useful bits.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skilled44 View Post
    Can you still update this app to the new version you are working on since you said you might be able to finish it tonight and you said you were leaving the link to the app online till Wednesday for those of us who haven't updated to 1.0.4 yet???...sorry if that's asking a lot but I've been waiting since the day the pre was released to have more detailed options for system ringers...I'm really impressed with your work...and thanks for all your contributions
    Yes I will still do the best I can and update this with [Rooting Required] for as long as needed.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I've already upgraded to 1.0.4, as soon as it came out, just couldn't help myself, even though I knew better. I found myself optimistically hoping that they'd implemented the video camera, or allowed for more control of notifications, something new. Oh well, live and learn.

Now that they've plugged the hole, it would be nice to have a way control things manually, via command line. Of course, this would require "rooting" your phone, but at least this way we'll start to learn our way around the internals of the phone.
    Oh wow, awesome link!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Awesome app, I had Ringo Pro on my Treo 755p and was highly dissapointed in the simple "Ding" for sms. I had custom sms ringers for seperate people such as Sonic the Hedgehog Title screen, A Cowabunga, and a quick intro to the Price is right. I'm looking forward to when this gets put in the app store with these extra modifications.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahedi View Post
    Awesome app, I had Ringo Pro on my Treo 755p and was highly dissapointed in the simple "Ding" for sms. I had custom sms ringers for seperate people such as Sonic the Hedgehog Title screen, A Cowabunga, and a quick intro to the Price is right. I'm looking forward to when this gets put in the app store with these extra modifications.
    It may never get into the app store, I can only hope though. But even more ideal, Palm would just make this native. Until that time I'll do my best to provide what people want to the best of my ability.
    Yes I will still do the best I can and update this with [Rooting Required] for as long as needed.
    well I meant the non-rooted version update for those of use who haven't rooted our pres...and still have 1.0.3...so we can still do the e-mail thing till you take the link down Wednesday...thanks again...
    Last edited by skilled44; 06/29/2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff