Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    update 6/29/09 the email install method no longer works, see here:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...57#post1718457

See this thread for instructions for how to install homebrew apps:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-1-0-4-a.html

---

Welcome to the Homebrew Apps Section of PreCentral.net! There are a few things you need to know before you get going:

1. All apps are provided AS IS and PreCentral.net does not warrant that they will work, work properly, or hurt your device. PreCentral.net is not responsible for anything that happens to your Pre as a result of the software you download here.

2. Only a developer may create a new thread - one thread per app please. If you're interested in getting permission to create threads/ post apps, simply contact us on our form and select "Developer Access" - http://www.precentral.net/contact. Be sure to include your username in your message . Please don't send in a request unless you have an app to post, though! You don't need to ask for Dev Access to get the apps here, "Dev access" is simply to allow people to create new threads and post apps.

3. Devs, please append [NRR] (stands for no rooting required) or [Rooting Required] in the subject line of your thread and include as much information as possible in the first post, including updates, installation instructions, etc. We also want to keep a 1 app : 1 thread ratio. You also must attach your app to the first post in the thread.

4. ***UPDATED 7/17/09*** If you have a version change, please edit your original post with the newest details (keep your old .ipk if possible for archiving purposes). Darth Pooh will try to update your title as quickly as possible, sometimes he might miss it due to rapid changes. You can notify him by PM of these changes OR use the Report Post link on the thread and make comments regarding a new updated version and it will be taken care of ASAP.

To install an app, you must be logged in. Click "Email attachment" and a link to the app will be emailed to the email address on file. Then simply tap the link to install on your Pre. Orange + Tap should delete the app, but your mileage may vary.

If you need to change your email or password, go to http://www.precentral.net/user , log in, and click the edit tab.

Other questions? Post 'em here.
    Last edited by Darth Pooh; 07/17/2009 at 04:50 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Both apps that require rooting and that do not require rooting are welcome
    Yes! I was seriously just thinking that precentral needed a section like this 2 minutes ago!

Thanks Dieter!!!
    anyway to separate rooted apps from non-rooted. how about a standard in thread naming? sub-sections?
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    anyway to separate rooted apps from non-rooted. how about a standard in thread naming? sub-sections?
    Agreed. We do need an easy way to differentiate between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Agreed. We do need an easy way to differentiate between the two.
    I second (third?) this motion..
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    It's great that there will be a centralized location for homebrew apps on this site. Great idea, Precentral. Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    For now I'll enforce a "Root" and "NonRoot" policy at the front of subject lines. When we start to get enough activity in here to warrant breaking them out, I'll do that for sure.
    Another thing to add. If you can delete the app or not.

Like with the ringtone app you can't delete it right now.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    agreed
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Can my flashlight app in the webOS Developement forum be moved here?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Can my flashlight app in the webOS Developement forum be moved here?
    done! And you're dev'd up if you get the urge to post more apps.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by xberserker View Post
    Another thing to add. If you can delete the app or not.

Like with the ringtone app you can't delete it right now.
    We're currently asking devs to put as much info in their first post as possible.
    all great suggestions, and thank you dieter bohn for making this happen.
    How about a new PimpMyPre thread? Or simply move the thread from the Palm Pre section?
    Also Tip Calculator?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=lldsandsll;1707508]anyway to separate rooted apps from non-rooted. how about a standard in thread naming? sub-sections?[/QUOTE

Agreed man!! that would make some of our lives easier!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Great to see this section up!! Great job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    [*QUOTE=lldsandsll;1707508*]anyway to separate rooted apps from non-rooted. how about a standard in thread naming? sub-sections?[/QUOTE

Agreed man!! that would make some of our lives easier!
    Lol. Fail at quoting. You forgot to add the "]" at the end.

On a more pertinent note, yes this thread is truly awesome. I'm just wondering if its possible to open a COMPLETELY noob friendly thread going: "basics of app development for WebOS" and instead of pointing to HTML/CSS/Java websites/books, the thread could just have a step by step on a simple hello world app, so those interested can start looking up what they want to know instead of generic tutorials...

Just an opinion...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    can someone please try to create an app that allows you to force roaming
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I can't wait til some apps start rolling out. Nice job PreCentral on getting this up =).
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast