Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    24 Homebrew Apps! Only 6 away from the official list.
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    understood
    can I get some basic info on how to develop a homebrew apps for pre? I will love to learn that so if anyone get some let us know
    to update a homebrew app must i reload it through the computer/terminal whenever the homebrew apps recieve an update from the dev?

U guys are wonderful, i have no idea about any of this but i read ur directions carefully and installed a bunch of homebrew apps from my macbook pro. Really a wonderful and helpful community. Thank you

Im going to try and root it this weekend, wish me luck.
    if you have a rooted pre, is there an easy way to install .ipks? or do i have to switch to dev mode and use the SDK palm-install.bat to install it? Is there some way through SFTP or something?

update:
    nm figured it out thanks to another forum post
    Last edited by a2thejay23; 07/10/2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: found soluton
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Email IPK method hasnt been working for me anymore with any of the non-rooting apps. Im still running 1.0.3 Ive been excercising the " install later " button. Anyone else able to open apps like Soundboard, tetris, hangman, or any of the others? Was able to do the first few, then after snake I'm no longer able too?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Airick8055 View Post
    Email IPK method hasnt been working for me anymore with any of the non-rooting apps. Im still running 1.0.3 Ive been excercising the " install later " button. Anyone else able to open apps like Soundboard, tetris, hangman, or any of the others? Was able to do the first few, then after snake I'm no longer able too?
    The email method requires that the ipk is signed. Since almost everyone is running 1.0.4 now, I don't think most of the developers are bothering to sign their ipk's. At this point you might as well learn the new method (it's pretty easy).
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks JDale.. Ironically as I wrote that message, Web OS crept up and installed 1.0.4. behind my back while my phone was charging downstairs, so much for "install later" lol. I'll take your advice and get with the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by roitmanm View Post
    to update a homebrew app must i reload it through the computer/terminal whenever the homebrew apps recieve an update from the dev?

U guys are wonderful, i have no idea about any of this but i read ur directions carefully and installed a bunch of homebrew apps from my macbook pro. Really a wonderful and helpful community. Thank you

Im going to try and root it this weekend, wish me luck.
    I am also wondering the same thing about updating Homebrew apps. Thanks in advance!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    I wanted those interested in homebrew apps to know that I just posted a meta-review of some of them "down the hall" in the WebOS App Review forum. You can read it here. {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Here is a new method to install Apps. Easier than setting up the SDK...

pre dev wiki: Installing Apps on a Stock Pre
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Is there any way to make a Homebrew Updater App for the pre? Something that looks for updates for you homebrew apps and installs them, like whats on the Iphone and WMobile phones?

Is there is Plz someone try to make one if possible.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Software developers, some of you have included the date at of which the app was revised, others have not. I think it would help to include the date of the most recent version as most of us do not know the version of all our apps.
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    There are new guidelines for Title Updates. We found that by adding version numbers in the titles will help users determine, at quick glance, if they are up to date on their favorite homebrew apps. If you have any other suggestions and/or ideas, please let us know. I feel that this has helped tremendously with organization (if Homebrew get's really intense, I can see sub-forum expansion being a possibility)

Devs it would also be helpful if we followed E1Allen's suggestion, in your original post edit, record the date of change... i.e.:

07/17/09
    v1.1 released
    Log notes
    Fixed: Blah blah blah

07/12/09
    v1.0 released
    etc etc etc

4. ***UPDATED 7/17/09*** If you have a version change, please edit your original post with the newest details (keep your old .ipk if possible for archiving purposes). Darth Pooh will try to update your title as quickly as possible, sometimes he might miss it due to rapid changes. You can notify him by PM of these changes OR use the Report Post link on the thread and make comments regarding a new updated version and it will be taken care of ASAP.
    Can we please change the instructions for new threads here to have authors clearly state the licensing conditions for their new app in the first post in the thread?

Examples:

"This application is licensed under the GPL"

"This application is licensed using the MIT license"

"This application is in the public domain"

"This application is available for free, but cannot be redistributed, and the source code is not open source"

"This application is not open source, and you need to give a donation to see the latest preview version"

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/19/2009 at 09:01 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Can we please change the instructions for new threads here to have authors clearly state the licensing conditions for their new app in the first post in the thread?
    Yes ! That would be nice ! That would also help me to fill the www .palmopensource.com database :-)
    Ludo

www.palmopensource.com - The PalmOS/WebOS open source portal
    Palm IIIx -> Palm Tungsten T -> Sharp Zaurus -> Pre? Android?
    Has anybody downloaded and used the active homescreen homebrew?
    great i can't wait to start appin!
    Whats up?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast