Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cheek813 View Post
    can someone please try to create an app that allows you to force roaming
    NO! You can lose your service VERY quickly with Sprint if you do that. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THAT APP.

If you actually READ the terms and conditions with Sprint, they have the right to terminate your service if you spend more than 50% of your minutes roaming. And I don't think that's just an easy way to get out of contract because they might charge you the $200 ETF (Early Termination Fee) for breaking contract aswell.

I used to work for Sprint's retention, They do this because they provide free roaming even though they get charged by the other carriers for letting you roam.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I'm just wondering if its possible to open a COMPLETELY noob friendly thread going: "basics of app development for WebOS" and instead of pointing to HTML/CSS/Java websites/books, the thread could just have a step by step on a simple hello world app, so those interested can start looking up what they want to know instead of generic tutorials...
    This already exists: pre dev wiki: Building webOS / Mojo Applications

there are a lot of resources (both on that wiki and on other sites) for creating Mojo-based applications.
    just curious, is it possible to give the custom title "Developer" to actual developers instead of the standard "Member"? it's not a lot, but i think it would be a nice kudos to them for their work.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    A note to the developers out there -- a console CLI application / SSH app would rock -- so
    I could login to various boxes from directly from the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mentallydetached View Post
    NO! You can lose your service VERY quickly with Sprint if you do that. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THAT APP.

If you actually READ the terms and conditions with Sprint, they have the right to terminate your service if you spend more than 50% of your minutes roaming. And I don't think that's just an easy way to get out of contract because they might charge you the $200 ETF (Early Termination Fee) for breaking contract aswell.

I used to work for Sprint's retention, They do this because they provide free roaming even though they get charged by the other carriers for letting you roam.
    Then Sprint should think about adding more Cell towers. It would make everyone happy. Sprint will not be charged for roaming and the customer will be happy they have reception once in a while.
    I hope this is not a stupid place to past this question sorry if it is... but do you know of or know anything about a file manager for the palm pre? Kind of like total commander for windows and windows mobile or Krusader for Linux like Ubuntu or Suse? would be real handy for removing temp junk or old files from old uninstalled programs...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mentallydetached View Post

ive had forced roaming on every other phone ive had with sprint and they have never tried to cancel my service...and if someone makes it then you dont have to download it if you dont want to i didnt say someone force everyone to roam i said make an app to allow you to have the option to force roamng on your phone.. if anyone could make that it would be awesome. thanks
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    How about a new PimpMyPre thread? Or simply move the thread from the Palm Pre section?
    Also Tip Calculator?
    I prefer to allow the devs to be in charge of their own threads -- I've asked both of them if they're interested in posting here. It's their work, so it's up to them whether or not they want it here.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambler View Post
    just curious, is it possible to give the custom title "Developer" to actual developers instead of the standard "Member"? it's not a lot, but i think it would be a nice kudos to them for their work.
    They can have that title if they want it, just need to ask.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hi all, I am interested in keeping a tally of "official" apps offered through the app store compared with "Homebrew" apps available from the Pre developers. Currently the score is:

Homebrew: 2
    App store: 30

I think that applications that require rooting should not be included as I will not root my phone for something like a flashlight. Please dont take that as the flashlight is not worth all the hard work everyone put into it. I just think that the cost to benefit of rooting at this point is trivial until the homebrews really take off as OTA installs.

Anyone want to take bets on how long it will take for there to be more home brew than official apps?

I give it two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubish View Post
    Hi all, I am interested in keeping a tally of "official" apps offered through the app store compared with "Homebrew" apps available from the Pre developers. Currently the score is:

Homebrew: 2
    App store: 30

Anyone want to take bets on how long it will take for there to be more home brew than official apps? I give it two weeks.
    One week from today, if that long.

I think that applications that require rooting should not be included as I will not root my phone for something like a flashlight.
    I agree, simply because rooting is beyond that capabilities of many (myself included).
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Holy crap. No new apps. I think the next app out should be the "notify me of a new apps" app.

Anyone?

Please?
    what is a homebrewd app?
    what is a homebrewd app?
    I may be mistaken but i think its an app that is made by someone that is not necessarily in the exclusive mojo sdk pre release testing.
    Pretty much an app that is made at home by rooting or "hacking"
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dman020190 View Post
    what is a homebrewd app?
    Creamy chocolaty goodness wrapped in bacon topped with ice cream.

No palm appoval required.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is it true that eventually they will be able to port over iphone apps in the near future, due to the platforms being similar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flhd View Post
    Is it true that eventually they will be able to port over iphone apps in the near future, due to the platforms being similar?
    Unfortunately, I believe what you have heard about is referring to the "iphone web apps". Those are different that the "iphone apps," consequentially they are also much lamer. Here is a link.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    i have been working on a few apps and just testing them on my pre. i have the sdk installed but how to i install the apps i make to the emulator? im using a mac
    Anyone working on a wallswitcher app? I keep killing my phone trying to do that one.
    Can someone create a thread for Announcements of new Homebrew apps or updates to these apps? We can subscribe to this thread and get notifications whenever new/updated apps are available. For "official" apps, we can just check the catalog.

Thanks
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast