Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    tempting but I leave for work way before the sun comes up
    I'm one ugly ******* and need all the beauty sleep I can get.

seriously tho... if there's one on a day I can make I'll be there pre3 and touchpad in hand
    Remy X likes this.
    UPDATE: Apparently, it's now on the 23rd.
    I was just about to say that I could make it, and then my boss said he needed me to stay in Cali till the 26th.
    I swear I am GOING to get to Chicago at least one day/night in the next month and a half.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Preemptive likes this.
    A few points; first we will have to move from our meetup everywhere site so please join us at our new (old) site www.bigtent.com/groups/chiwebos

Next, the social will be held this Sunday at Moretti's in Schaumburg for any and all to attend.
    More webOS apocalypse stuff to discuss along with the move to bigtent. Maybe more luneOS stuff etc.
    Hope to see you there!
    What is the new date then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    What is the new date then?

This Sunday is the 4th. Edit: I just saw on Twitter that it's the 11th... That's not this Sunday. >_<
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/31/2014 at 04:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    This Sunday is the 4th. Edit: I just saw on Twitter that it's the 11th... That's not this Sunday. >_<
    A whisker away from my sarcastic reply - that's fast editing! I'm having to view twitter with half an eye due to only being on series 3 of BSG & our esteemed editor making 20 minute Blackberry videos. (edited out my joke, 'cos Alan's feeling sensitive)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/31/2014 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You're supposed to pay attention to the DATE in a message before leaving a smart *** remark.

In any event, the first chicago webos meetup of 2015 will indeed be on Sunday Jan 11th at Moretti's in Schaumburg at 7pm. Hopefully we will have our usual good time. Hope to see you there.
    Last edited by creepingmee; 01/07/2015 at 08:20 PM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Will it run to midnight, so you can see your devices burst into flames as HP kill the servers?
    (I checked the date prior to my smart**** remark)
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    You're supposed to pay attention to the DATE in a message before leaving a smart *** remark.

In any event, the first chicago webos meetup of 2015 will indeed be on Sunday Jan 15th at Moretti's in Schaumburg at 7pm. Hopefully we will have our usual good time. Hope to see you there.
    Ah crap!
  11. GLO
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post

In any event, the first chicago webos meetup of 2015 will indeed be on Sunday Jan 15th at Moretti's in Schaumburg at 7pm. Hopefully we will have our usual good time. Hope to see you there.
    I've got both a Pre 3 and a White Touchpad that both just flash the HP logo and I can't even try to use webOS doctor. Think someone there might have an idea how to "unfreeze" them?
    Quote Originally Posted by GLO View Post
    I've got both a Pre 3 and a White Touchpad that both just flash the HP logo and I can't even try to use webOS doctor. Think someone there might have an idea how to "unfreeze" them?
    If you show up with them, I'd be willing to at least look at it for you. I bring a laptop with webos doctors for nearly all devices on it, so we could give it a try...
    Since This got convoluted, and I had made an error as well, I am verifying this meetup will take place Sunday January 11th at 7pm at Moretti's in Schaumburg. It Seems as though we are expecting some new blood at this meetup and we are very excited about it. Hope to see you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLO View Post
    Come on by, we'd love to see you! Moretti's has $5 bloody marys on Sundays also

BTW...I have an original Pre- that I pulled from my PC before dismounting it....Doctored it twice (thanks for the advice/guidance creepingmee) and it still only shows "Palm" on the screen (constant, no flashing). So there may be a little more hope for your devices since they are at least flashing.
    Well,

That was a successfull, yet rough meetup. I was busy busy busy trying to help everyone get ready for the big shutdown only to find the next day that they extended it for 2 months. In any event, I always enjoy these and am shooting for sometime in March for the next chicago webos meetup! Hope to see you there!
    LAST MINUTE MEETUP!!!

There will be an impromptu chicago webos meetup this Sunday the 18th 2pm at the Subway at 7328w Madison Forest Park, il. If you can make it stop by and say hello!
    The next chicago webOS meetup will be held SAT March 14th (day before the shut down). 7pm at Moretti's In Schaumburg. Hope to see you all there!
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Ah I saw Schaumburg, sounds German, but no in Chicago, to far for me.....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    darn I missed this so narrowly

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    They're fairly frequent & usually trailed on pivotCE if you are subscribed to that. Or subscribe to this thread!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast