Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JED-WEB-OS
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    This event is from the comfort of your own home. I know that many of us have been guilty of ranting to the "Email the HP CEO" (me included), but emails today are almost the equivalent to a text message. You know what's really impressive? Getting a letter in the mail. There is no form of communication that I believe shows the same passion as writing physical letters. So, here's the plan. I want to get as many people as we can to write to HP, and not even to tell them how much you think their ideas suck. I think we should all just let them know why we think webOS rocks. Tell them that you've been rocking that Pre for two years now, and that you're ready to buy an HP webOS phone. Let them know that without the multitasking capabilities you'd never be able to write an email while looking back at your notes on a memo so easily. I'm sure that for every wrong we think HP did, there is a right that we need to make sure they know about in webOS before it's gone.

I'm still trying to find he right place to send all of these(assuming anyone else would want to) but I think sending them at a similar time would help nail down the point. We may not all love HP, but every one of us here loves webOS, and it deserves a couple minutes of our time and postage to show HP what we love about it.
    What is a "letter" ?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    sledge007 and pattyland like this.
    I like the idea and game for it.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    A letter is a piece of paper on which words are written which is meant to be delivered to another person. Often housed in an envelope, sad letter must have an address to be sent to, as well as postage (a delivery charge affixed to it) in order to be delivered.

Anyone else who is interested, I found this address

Hewlett-Packard Company
    3000 Hanover Street
    Palo Alto, CA 94304-1185 USA

But I'm not sure who it would be best to address it to.

Is anybody else interested?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    If you hold the pen similar to how you held your Treo's stylus and write in Palm graffiti, only the extremely important ones at HP will understand.
    I wonder how many letters were sent...?

Here's something to sign:

https://www.change.org/petitions/lg-...-and-tablets-2

Letters... I suppose would now have to go to LG
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I wonder how many letters were sent...?

Here's something to sign:

https://www.change.org/petitions/lg-...-and-tablets-2

Letters... I suppose would now have to go to LG
    I'll buy a thousand stamps and DoS their physical mailbox with letters if it'll get them to not put our beloved OS on a TV and atleast test the waters with a phone.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!