Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By John Kneeland
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

John from the mothership here. When we were first planning webOS meet ups we thought we would just have a small number scattered in the big US cities, and we could support them all pretty easily

But boy were we wrong!

Every day I am delighted at the interest in webOS meet-ups showing up around the world.

We would love to be everywhere at once, but of course we in Developer Relations have limited resources. Contrary to popular belief we do not sit on chairs fashioned from stacks of money, nor do we have so many TouchPads we use them as lunch trays. So help us prioritize by gauging the size of groups by making your presence known at:

meetup.com/hpwebos

Unlike regular Meetup groups, these "Meetup Everywhere" groups are free. So wherever you are, go make yourself heard!

Also if an admin could sticky this, that'd be great
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    Welcome

.. How do you start a new webos meetup community?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I started one for Columbia SC, but it was more directed to all of GA, SC, and NC users. Planned meetup is in Charlotte, NC. Columbia HP webOS Community - Meetup
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Berlin, Deutschland // Germany

Die-hard webOS community, with roots a decade back well into the times of Palm PDAs...

http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Berlin-DE/
    Last edited by kulf; 07/27/2011 at 05:51 AM. Reason: link
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Welcome

.. How do you start a new webos meetup community?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Go to HP webOS Meetups Everywhere - Meetup and start one for your town or nearby major metro area. I just started one for St. Louis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I started one for Columbia SC, but it was more directed to all of GA, SC, and NC users. Planned meetup is in Charlotte, NC. Columbia HP webOS Community - Meetup
    Too far for me. ATL is 110 miles East of me... I started one there.

Atlanta, GA HP webOS Community - Meetup

Thanks
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    I started one for the Phoenix / Scottsdale, Arizona area. Easy to set up via the link John provided. If I build it, they will come (I hope).

http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Scottsdale-AZ/
    Last edited by theclares; 08/12/2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Added link to the Meetup Page
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    Too far for me. ATL is 110 miles East of me... I started one there.

Atlanta, GA HP webOS Community - Meetup

Thanks
    atlanta FTW!
    <<thread stuck>>

And Chicago for the biggest win

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
    Since John is no longer with HP/Palm, you may wish to unsticky this.