Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I'm the Canadian Category Manager for webOS & Developer relations at HP Canada and I'll be travelling across the country in August for some enterprise customer events we're doing.

As such, wanted to see if there are any local webOS developers/enthusiasts or those curious about webOS development etc. interested in meeting up for a few drinks and chatting etc. the evening I'm in town. I'm very eager to meet more Canadian developers and get to know you better and understand needs/wants/frustrations/excitement wrt webOS.

So if you're a local developer etc. in any of the following cities, please let me know if you're interested in getting together on the date I'm in town - looking for suggestions on where to meet up as well since I'm Toronto-based.

Calgary - Wednesday Aug. 10th

Vancouver - Tuesday Aug. 16th

Winnipeg - Thursday Aug. 18th

Montreal - Wednesday Aug. 24th (but I think Rahul is also creating a meet-up for this date)

Ottawa - Monday Aug. 29th

Look forward to hearing from you.

Darren
    Twitter: @dleroux
    So you're from Toronto and there's nothing for that???
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    So you're from Toronto and there's nothing for that???
    Well, we did the webOS CONNECT Event at the Spoke Club last month with Richard Kerris - thought that was a pretty good show :-)
    Certainly interested in one in Calgary. What are we looking for in a venue? WiFi? Capacity?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    Certainly interested in one in Calgary. What are we looking for in a venue? WiFi? Capacity?
    Doesn't matter - really just looking to get together to meet local developers and enthusiasts. I may have 'goodies' - let me know if there's any particular things you'd like me to talk about a device (announced of course) you want to see etc.

Historically, there hasn't been any Palm webOS representation in Canada and now with the HP webOS team growing we're really trying to reach out to the community to get to know you, get more involved and get more active than ever before.

From my perspective, it starts with meeting people. Then we'll look at localized events, technical meet-up etc. as we go forward.
    I would definitely be interested in Montreal...
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
  7.    #7  
    Raul Garg is trying to arrange something in Montreal - trying to move the date to the same time I'm in town to participate :-)

WebOS Meetup Montreal (Montréal, QC) - Meetup
    Quote Originally Posted by dleroux View Post
    Doesn't matter - really just looking to get together to meet local developers and enthusiasts. I may have 'goodies' - let me know if there's any particular things you'd like me to talk about a device (announced of course) you want to see etc.

Historically, there hasn't been any Palm webOS representation in Canada and now with the HP webOS team growing we're really trying to reach out to the community to get to know you, get more involved and get more active than ever before.

From my perspective, it starts with meeting people. Then we'll look at localized events, technical meet-up etc. as we go forward.
    Let's pick one in Calgary that's close to where you'll be, then. I'm guessing you'll be going to the HP office here in downtown, so a nice little bar in downtown sounds about right. Quite a few to choose from.

As for topics, being that it'd be August then, whatever info an the Pre 3 you can scrounge up would be good, particularly in whether there'll be any fragmentation in development between that and the TouchPad.
    Wish there was one in Edmonton!
    Hi. Rahul here
    The Montreal meetup has been scheduled for 24th August, 6PM.
    Link: WebOS Meetup Montreal (Montréal, QC) - Meetup
    Looking for a venue and will depend on the size of the group so do sign up to let us know how many people to expect.
    Feel free to contact me on twitter @codedivine or email me through the meetup website.
    Starting a Montreal WebOS meetup: http://www.meetup.com/webos-meetup-montreal
    Quote Originally Posted by dleroux View Post
    Well, we did the webOS CONNECT Event at the Spoke Club last month with Richard Kerris - thought that was a pretty good show :-)
    If I wasn't stuck at work with a release.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I'm definitely in for the Winnipeg event
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Hi guys,

I coordinate webOS Meet-ups from the Sunnyvale mothership. Super excited to be working with Darren on his barnstorming tour of the great white north!

Also it would be great if Darren's visits could kick off permanent, regularly meeting webOS Meet-up groups, led by a local webOS Ambassador. We will be providing support to these groups (and I don't just mean moral support ). Please contact Darren if you are interested in making your webOS Meet-up the start of something awesome, and then he will connect you to me at the appropriate time.
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If I wasn't stuck at work with a release.
    Pretty sure we'll do more stuff in Toronto moving forward. Don't despair
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    Let's pick one in Calgary that's close to where you'll be, then. I'm guessing you'll be going to the HP office here in downtown, so a nice little bar in downtown sounds about right. Quite a few to choose from.

As for topics, being that it'd be August then, whatever info an the Pre 3 you can scrounge up would be good, particularly in whether there'll be any fragmentation in development between that and the TouchPad.
    Staying downtown at the International Hotel. Spending most of my morning doing customer presentations at a restaurant called Saltlick? If there's a good bar/restaurant in and around that area let me know. Prefer to have someone local make a recommendation vs. blinding picking a spot - guess I could always try Yelp on my phone....
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    This would be great if it were in Toronto, but Ottawa is in the middle of nowhere-land. The webOS Connect for me was awkward... I showed up late, and the application demo's were all pretty lame... Let's make it happen in T.O :P
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm in for Calgary!
    Quote Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
    This would be great if it were in Toronto, but Ottawa is in the middle of nowhere-land. The webOS Connect for me was awkward... I showed up late, and the application demo's were all pretty lame... Let's make it happen in T.O :P
    +1 for Toronto Redux so I can participate...

+1 for Toronto

I'd like to have a more comfortable environment. The Spoke Club was pretty jammed, hot and sweaty.

Didn't really get a lot of time to meet other people from the community... it was mostly a presentation (which I was OK with!)
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  20.    #20  
    Okay so quick summary response:

Toronto: While Spoke Club was a great venue, we had an AMAZING turn out so I agree it got a little tight. When we revisit a webOS CONNECT event for Toronto again that's more robust, we'll look at a much larger venue to accommodate. I'll see about planning a meet-up in September given there's at least two or three people interested.

Calgary: Thinking of meeting up at The Keg on 4th Ave SW? If we can settle on something we move this to a meet-up spot like the Montreal one.

Winnipeg: Many options apparently - Fairmont hotel, Earls on Main, Moxies or Boston Pizza by the MTS Centre or 4-Play sports bar? Feedback? Suggestions? Preferences?

Vancouver: Apparently no one from Vancouver on the board that wants to meet....?

Ottawa: Easy thing for me is Brookstreet hotel (I know, Kanata) but could do something in the Market?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast