Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aethomps
  1. rts
    OK guys,
    As I eluded to in the HP webOS Midwest (USA) Meetup thread, I'm creating a Chicago specific meetup thread. I think that this will prevent some confusion as the "midwest" event has been put on hold. I really hope that this will gain some momentum and that we will be able to get Chicago involved in the meetup goodness. As can be seen in the afore mentioned thread, we had an event planned for Fri, 15-Jun @ 7:30 PM in Schaumburg. I hope that many of you will be able to make it. In an effort to organize things a little I've created a social group with Chicago webOS Social on BigTent. Hopefully this group can grow to become a haven for the organization and management of all things webOS in Chicago. Including Chicago webOS meetups. Regardless of whether or not you can make it to this first meetup, I urge everyone to go ahead and register as a group member so that we can amongst other things, make our Chicago presence be known to one another. I guess that's it for now.
    ...apologies for the novel.

-Rod
    Thanks for setting up the bigtent event. I like where this is going.
  3. rts
    Quote Originally Posted by aethomps View Post
    Thanks for setting up the bigtent event. I like where this is going.
    No problem. Hope this will be begin to pick up momentum. I recently tweeted the info but it has not yet been retweeted.
    I would definitely try to attend, but I have to check my work schedule first. I'm in Vernon Hills.
    I would love to meetup, I should be able to make it after work that day.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
  6. rts
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
    I would definitely try to attend, but I have to check my work schedule first. I'm in Vernon Hills.
    George,

I also work in Vernon Hills.
    only 4 ppl have joined the group till now !?

-Shylzz
  8. rts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    only 4 ppl have joined the group till now !?

-Shylzz
    Yeah,

A little disappointing. I thought there would have been more by now. But oh well, we still have some time to get the numbers up.
    Count me in for Friday. I just RSVP'd on BigTent. It is reporting 7 confirmed attendees. Lookin' forward to it!
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Maybe you should ask Tim if he can give it some front page attn
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    There is also a TwtVite out that has 13 yes with 1 maybe. Looks like a nice crowd so far.

Tweetup :: WebOS Devs and Friends Meetup (via @DeadTechnology)

See you all there
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    How'd the meeet up go?
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    It went well! It was fun to meet and talk with other webOS devs/enthusiasts. We just need to get a schedule going on how often to meet now.
    Twitter: @nanotechgames
    doc31 likes this.
    FYI

A lot of the planning and discussion for this meetup has moved to here: Chicago HP webOS Community - Meetup
    Twitter: @nanotechgames
    I'll try and keep my eye open on the thread and see if I can join you all
    Thanks for sharing this Information. This is something really very nice.