Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    This thread is for webOS fans, webOS developers, and those interested in learning more about webOS hands on. We are a New York City based webOS meetup group that mixes social and development focused events. We will post event announcements in this thread. You can also join the meetup at meetup.com to stay informed of all the latest news and events. We can also be found on twitter @NYCwebOSdev
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Patches Added to Preware: Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25, Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50, & Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100.
    @webOSdealer : A Day In My Life, #MaskAppeal Video - Enjoy
  2.    #2  
    Weather permitting, we are announcing our first of many, hopefully regular NYC webOS Developer Meetups. We would like this group to be both developer and socially focused. We are announcing our first of many social / networking NYC webOS Developer Meetup, weather permitting. The details are as follows:

Meeting Place : Inside Bryant Park, at the corner of 40th & 6th ave.

Time: Officially from 6:15pm - 8:15pm, park closes at 11pm

Subject Matter:

webOS of course.
    Future Meetup Ideas & Preferences.
    Future Dev topic ideas and hands-on demo requests.
    Show off what you have developed.

Please RSVP: Please RSVP in order for us to plan beverages and snack quantities accordingly. Feel free to contact us @NYCwebOSdev if you have questions/suggestions.

Location Features:

Bryant Park is a WiFi "Hot Spot", bringing the internet free to users of laptops and handheld devices with 802.11b and 802.11g Ethernet cards.
    Lighting
    Tables
    Seating

Directions:

Bryant Park is situated behind the New York Public Library in midtown Manhattan, between 40th and 42nd Streets & Fifth and Sixth Avenues.
    Take the B, D, F, or M train to 42nd Street/Bryant Park
    Take the 7 to 5th Avenue

Please Respect the Park:

Alcoholic beverages only permitted outside the Grill and Cafe

Smoking is prohibited in NYC's public parks by law
    beginning May 23, 2011 Please... Extinguish cigarettes in receptacles outside the park before entering

Looking forward to seeing you there,

- The NYC webOS Developers Team

@NYCwebOSdev
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Patches Added to Preware: Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25, Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50, & Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100.
    pm'ed you
  4.    #4  
    Announcing our next NYC webOS Developer focused meetup.

The details are as follows:

Meeting Place :

Olshan Grundman Frome Rosenzweig & Wolosky LLP

65 E 55th St , 3rd Floor. New York, NY

Located on E 55th St between Park Ave and Madison Ave.

Space is limited and you must RSVP to attend as we need to provide your name to security prior to the event. Register before it's too late!

Time: 6:00pm - 7:45pm

@webOSworld will be giving a special presentation on their @VilloServices:

Villo Services is available for open registration(Developers & Users) at Villo Villo is a collection of services that allow mobile apps to get tapped into the cloud for added functionality.
    Villo is currently exclusive to HP webOS.

Primary Features Available June 2011:

• Push Chat (via PubNub) Chat with any Villo user currently in a given chat room. Rooms are app-specific. An app can have multiple rooms, and users can be subscribed to more than one room at a time.
    • Profiles Each villo user has a profile. Contains some basic information. Username, email, first/last name, device, bio, location, etc.
    • Friends Easily add friends in Villo. Friends are synced to the cloud.
    • Login/Register Users can login or register for Villo. This is required, and is used to keep track of users and relevant information.
    • Gifts Send gifts to other users, or buy items for yourself. Managed by developers on the developer portal. Purchases are synced with your account.
    • Leader boards App-specific leaderboards let users rank themselves against one another.
    • WebLog (Developers Only)- A feature of villo.log, which allows developers to push the log into the cloud, which can be viewed from the developer portal.
    • Villo API console (Developers Only) Build and test any villo API calls before you add them to your application.
    • Click Here for more information...

Feel free to contact us @NYCwebOSdev if you have questions/suggestions.

@NYCwebOSdev
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Looking good guys...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Hey, did everyone see the article on page one - Release Party tonight at Union Square Best Buy...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  7.    #7  
    Next Meetup for The New York webOS Developers Meetup!

What: NYC webOS Developer meetup featuring a 1hr and 45min session on Enyo Framework
    When: Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:00 PM

Where: Olshan Grundman Frome Rosenzweig & Wolosky LLP
    65 E 55th St # 3
    New York, NY 10022

Announcing our next NYC webOS Developer focused meetup.

Meeting Place:

Olshan Grundman Frome Rosenzweig & Wolosky LLP

65 E 55th St , 3rd Floor. New York, NY

Located on E 55th St between Park Ave and Madison Ave.

Space is limited and you must RSVP to attend as we need to provide your name to security prior to the event.

Time: 6:00pm - 7:45pm

Topic: Special 1 hour and 45 minute remote session on the Enyo Framework given by Robert Burdick, Senior Developer Evangelist with the HP Palm Global Business Unit.

About Robert Burdick

Robert Burdick is a Senior Developer Evangelist with the HP Palm Global Business Unit, where he evangelizes mobile application development for the webOS platform. Robert has been working with embedded, mobile and wireless technologies for 15 years, is a regular speaker at mobile and embedded developer conferences, and has been the author and co-author of various books on mobile technology for Wiley and Wrox Press.

Feel free to contact us @NYCwebOSdev if you have questions/suggestions.

@NYCwebOSdev

Last edited by webOSdealer; 07/21/2011 at 08:39 AM.
    John Kneeland likes this.
    I'll be there, but I'll probably have to leave early. If we max out, I can relinquish my spot.
  9.    #9  
    We are proud to announce our latest social/developer NYC webOS Developer Meetup. The details are as follows:

Meeting Place : Applico Inc, 220 East 23rd Street, New York, NY. Just off East 23rd & 2nd Ave

Time: 6:00pm - 9:30pm

Subject Matter:

• Showing off your favorite webOS device.
    • Great for anyone that is interested in trying out a HP TouchPad.
    • Get your webOS development questions answered.
    • Great event to introduce your friend's to HP webOS.
    • HP webOS Developer Engineer, SWAT team member, Roy Sutton (formerly of webOSroundup.com) will be on at the event and at your service.
    • Guest speakers (TBA)
    • Food, ambiance, and make sure to bring your TouchPad.
    • SWAG!
    • 2 lucky guests will walk away with a HP Veer

Please RSVP: The location is amazing, but space is limited. Feel free to contact us @NYCwebOSdev if you have questions.

Location Features:

• Rooftop Wifi
    • We are graciously being hosted by Applico, Inc which also happens to be looking for webOS developers.
    • Rooftop location with a stunning view of the Empire State Building

Here is Applico Inc's latest Press Release. Lots of exciting stuff going on.

@NYCwebOSdev
    Last edited by webOSdealer; 08/08/2011 at 10:50 AM.
  10.    #10  
    Our next NYC webOS Developer Meetup with the full support of HP webOS GBU will be September 14th, 2011. The details are as follows:

Meeting Place : NYC Resistor 87 3rd Avenue, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11217

Directions: Go to the Atlantic Avenue subway station, exit to 4th Avenue, walk one block west to 3rd Avenue and two blocks south between Dean and Bergen St. Its located in the building next to Makerbot. There should be a sign on the door indicating a number to call if the door is locked.

Time: 6:00pm - 8:30pm ( Session starting promptly at 6:30pm)

Subject Matter:

• Enyo + node.jsjsjs $and$ $the$ $HP$ $webOS$ $Architecture$ $with$ $guest$ $speaker$, $Ben$ $Combee$!
    • Get your webOS development questions answered.

Ben Combee is a senior member of the HP webOS engineering team, with a focus on frameworks, API design, and developer issues. He has spoken at JSConf, SXSW, Game Developers Conference, and many webOS events. He lives in Austin, TX with his wife and two cats. On Twitter, hes @unwiredben.

Please RSVP: SPACE IS LIMITED. Feel free to contact us @NYCwebOSdev if you have questions.

What is NYC Resistor?

NYC Resistor We Learn, Share, and Make things.

NYC Resistor is a hacker collective with a shared space located in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. We meet regularly to share knowledge, hack on projects together, and build community. If youre interested in joining NYC Resistor, come to some of our public meetings (like the study group listed below) or join the NYC Resistor mailing list.

RSVP at Enyo + node.js and the HP webOS Architecture with guest speaker, Ben Combee! - The New York webOS Developers Meetup (New York, NY) - Meetup

@NYCwebOSdev
  11.    #11  
    We are announcing our next social / networking NYC webOS Developer Meetup: Developers, Fans, users, and the curious welcome.

Date: October 26, 2011

Meeting Place : Food Gallery 32, 11 W 32nd St, between 5th Ave and Broadway. We will be meeting on the 3rd floor of the cafe. Grab your food, head upstairs, and look for the webOS Pivot shirts.

Time: Officially from 6:30pm - 8:00pm, Food Gallery 32 closes at Midnight.

Subject Matter:

• webOS of course.
    • Discuss Apps currently in development
    • Future Dev topic ideas and hands-on demo requests.
    • Discuss some hackathon ideas for a future meetup.
    • Answer questions, suggest your favorite apps, and more.

Please RSVP: Please RSVP in order for us to know if we need to make any official reserving of space. Feel free to contact us @NYCwebOSdev if you have questions/suggestions.

Location Features:

• 3 Floor Korean Food Cafe
    • Lighting
    • Tables
    • Seating

- The NYC webOS Developers Meetup Team

@NYCwebOSdev

Please RSVP at NYC webOS Social Meetup - Developers, Fans, users, and the curious welcome. - The New York webOS Developers Meetup (New York, NY) - Meetup
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    I've never been to your meetings, but I've got to say, I'm very impressed with the way you organize and present these.
    thanks. please join us anytime you are in the NYC area. They are even better in real life
  13.    #13  
    We are announcing our next social / networking NYC webOS Developer Meetup: Developers, Fans, users, and the curious welcome.

Date: November 22, 2011

Meeting Place : Food Gallery 32, 11 W 32nd St, between 5th Ave and Broadway. We will be meeting on the 3rd floor of the cafe. Grab your food, head upstairs, and look for the webOS Pivot shirts.

Subject Matter:

• webOS of course.
    • Discuss implementation and creation of our meetup created app.

Please RSVP: Please RSVP in order for us to know if we need to make any official reserving of space. Feel free to contact us @NYCwebOSdev if you have questions/suggestions.

Location Features:

• Lighting
    • Tables
    • Seating

@NYCwebOSdev

Please RSVP at NYC webOS Social Meetup - Developers, Fans, users, and the curious welcome. - The New York webOS Developers Meetup (New York, NY) - Meetup
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Wow,
    They are still doing these !!!!!
    I'm interested, and love Korean food, but maybe in a booze friendly place we'd get more folks? Does the cafe serve?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I'm interested, and love Korean food, but maybe in a booze friendly place we'd get more folks? Does the cafe serve?
    I do not believe they serve alcohol but they definitely have an extensive menu. We chose this place because they don't seem to run out of room and it is centrally located. We are going to use this location until any official webOS plans are announced.

Hope to see you there,

- The @NYCwebOSdev Team
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Wow,
    They are still doing these !!!!!
    Why yes, yes we are!
    can't believe I didn't hear about this. I would have been there
  19.    #19  
    We are announcing our next social / networking NYC webOS Developer Meetup: Developers, Fans, users, and the curious welcome. Discussing the future...

Date: December 15, 2011

Subject Matter:

• The future of webOS and our Meetup with @webOSdealer & @webOSquire
    • Discuss & announce our chosen API to create an app with our meetup.

Location Features:

• Lighting
    • Tables
    • Seating

@NYCwebOSdev

20.    #20  
    We are announcing our next social / networking NYC webOS Developer Meetup: Developers, Fans, users, and the curious welcome. Discussing the future...

Date: January 25, 2012

Subject Matter:

• The future of webOS and our Meetup (Special Announcement)
    • Discuss our chosen API to create an app with our meetup.

Location Features:

• Lighting
    • Tables
    • Seating

@NYCwebOSdev

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast