Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Sounds great! That is not far from my place, so I'd be happy to serve as "boots on the ground" if you need anything done locally. Looking forward to it!

--MGb
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Woo hoo--Chi-town it is For planning purposes, have dates been confirmed/mentioned yet?
    Hotel Orrington is a nice place. Sounds good to me.
  4.    #64  
    No. Dates have not been confirmed. We're looking at the end of July, beginning of August, though. Gotta check with Hotel Orrington to see what dates they have rooms available.
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    Hotel sounds pretty expensive with additional valet parking. Any other places to stay in the area?
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Hotel sounds pretty expensive with additional valet parking. Any other places to stay in the area?
    Definitely. It's a college town, there are plenty of places to check out.
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I live in Chicago as well, so I'd be more than happy to help out with logistics if you need someone on the ground.
    OMG YAY. Please let me know the dates for this when you get it planned. I can drive from GR to Chicago in < 4 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Stiffler-Dean View Post
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the very long delay. Trying to work out some of the other details of an event like this.

Alright, so... Chicago definitely has more votes than St. Louis now. Which is side, cause I really wanted to go there. So Chicago it is, if you were planning on St. Louis or can't make it to Chicago, please leave a comment here so we can try to figure something out for you.

Now to find a venue. I actually already know a perfect place. The guys at CMSExpo use it, and the neighborhood there is beautiful. It's not right downtown (just North, actually) but it's still a pretty busy area with a lot to do. Also, it's within a few minutes (driving) of downtown, so if you want to tourize the city, you can.

Hilton Orrington Hotel
    Evanston, IL USA
    Chicago Luxury Hotel | Hilton Orrington | Evanston Illinois

Are there any objections to this location? Any ideas for another place to go? Or should this be fine for everyone? I'll start getting some details together and find out what else we might need to do for this event.
    I'd rather prefer a south suburb so I have a slim chance of driving there by myself. The parental units won't let me take an expressway...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Chicago suburb Evanston is ok by me. It's not anywhere close to downtown Chicago. St. Louis would've been more fun though. This is coming from a former St. Louisan who now resides in the western suburbs of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    I'd rather prefer a south suburb so I have a slim chance of driving there by myself. The parental units won't let me take an expressway...
    Take the EL/Bus. Red line shouldn't be far away from there.

--MGb
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I prefer actually having the event in the city but whatever works best.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I'd rather see the event in downtown Chicago myself but I'm just a user.
  14.    #74  
    Evanston is not very far from downtown at all, but we still have time to move it. I'm working on some other details right now, but will head back here and let you all know as soon as more decisions are made.
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    Although I am in NO way a techy, geeky guy, I love this forum and will plan to make it once dates are established. My wife works for Devry University and spends lots of time there, so we will make it a mini-vacation.

Suggestions: This could possibly become a really big deal inwhich HP has interest, so it might be a good idea for someone to reach out to them and maybe they can send someone we might want to have a discussion with (unless you guys arent Thinking Big and Beyond) . So the conference dates would be around say, Kerris availability or whomever you decide. HP might not mind pitching in as a sponsor. Also, maybe there could be a session where local carriers store management teams are invited to be introduced to webOS in-depth, this would give them more than the 5-10 minutes elevator pitch they get in store. Take this and run with it.

These mini conferences could go viral, can we say hello O-town (Orlando)!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Although I am in NO way a techy, geeky guy, I love this forum and will plan to make it once dates are established. My wife works for Devry University and spends lots of time there, so we will make it a mini-vacation.

Suggestions: This could possibly become a really big deal inwhich HP has interest, so it might be a good idea for someone to reach out to them and maybe they can send someone we might want to have a discussion with (unless you guys arent Thinking Big and Beyond) . So the conference dates would be around say, Kerris availability or whomever you decide. HP might not mind pitching in as a sponsor. Also, maybe there could be a session where local carriers store management teams are invited to be introduced to webOS in-depth, this would give them more than the 5-10 minutes elevator pitch they get in store. Take this and run with it.

+10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Stiffler-Dean View Post
    Evanston is not very far from downtown at all
    In fact, there is an express Purple line train to downtown. Also a plus, Evanston is less crowded.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post

+10 I have no doubt Tim is following up on all of this to the best of his ability.

--MGb
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post
    +10 I have no doubt Tim is following up on all of this to the best of his ability.

--MGb
    Fact.

Allow me to elaborate... You'll find out more as soon as I do.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    Ya know we loves us some Tim, but any more deets? Summer is starting to shake out and work wants to know who wants off when. (I work weekends)

--MGb
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast