Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    ATL for the win!

I can help locally!
    Kansas City, home of sprint, can even invite some sprint reps and ask them about pre-3, TP and veer. We can do a research on them and see how many varied opinions can they come up with.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Cincinnati's kind of the obvious choice.
    It is for me too!
    count me in for Cincinnati.
    Lets do a Mile High meet up.. Denver baby
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Cincy gets my first vote...Chicago gets 2nd.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Lets do a Mile High meet up.. Denver baby
    That would be nice. I love Denver. There's another small group of people out there, actually, that just had a small meetup. May want to start a thread and see what kind of people you can get gathered. I'll help organize if needed.
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    I could probably make it to St Louis. Not a developer, but I would like to meet a few of the faithful.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I vote Cincinnati for the meetup.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I could probably make it to St Louis. Not a developer, but I would like to meet a few of the faithful.
    Oh don't worry about not being a developer. I think this will be a lot of good times for everyone involved.

Once we get a few more days of votes in (see OP for the tally) we'll find out which city is most doable for everyone. Right now it sounds like more people will only be able to make it to St. Louis, and that people who voted for other cities would be more likely to travel to other cities. But we'll let it go a few more days before we make final decision on that.
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    Cincinnati is good for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Stiffler-Dean View Post
    That would be nice. I love Denver. There's another small group of people out there, actually, that just had a small meetup. May want to start a thread and see what kind of people you can get gathered. I'll help organize if needed.
    Ok cool. I'll start one up this week and we'll see what we can get going. Any help would be greatly appraciated.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Ok cool. I'll start one up this week and we'll see what we can get going. Any help would be greatly appraciated.
    I got your back on that. Once you get the thread setup, I'll tip a few people out in that area to get in there to help set something up for next month (or whenever you want it).
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    INDIANAPOLIS, Home of the 2012 Super Bowl.
  14. rts
    I vote for Chicago
    St Louis is the only one I could make this year. If KC was on the list it would have been a definite, pending date conflicts.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/24/2011 at 11:29 AM.
    I'll be in Kansas City in about a week (no, I'm not going to be meeting with Sprint). I guess that is a little to soon for this meetup.
    As an Indy resident, I have to vote for Indianapolis.
  18.    #38  
    OK, so we're coming up on the end of the week and need to find the host city. It's definitely between Chicago and St. Louis, with only one vote difference. I almost want to just say St. Louis, for the simple fact that several people can ONLY make it to St. Louis, and will not be able to go to an event in other cities. Also, because St. Louis is nearly dead center of the entire MidWest, it makes sense to go there (so that more people are within driving distance).

So, last two days to vote before we decide: Do we want Chicago or St. Louis?
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Chicago. Two votes now
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Ok, tourism plug here...I live there, but Indy would be my choice as well (if I were to attend). All homerisms aside, it's a great 'convention' town. You can do airport to downtown (bus/cab) & never have a need for a car the rest of the weekend. Easy Airport & an entirely walkable & safe downtown which offers a tremendous amount of restaurants, bars, and entertainment options (all walkable).

If you're driving, you're 3 1/2 from Chicago, 2 from Cincy, 2 from Louisville, 2 from Dayton, 3 1/2 from Columbus, 3 1/2 from St. Louis, 4 1/4 from Milwaukee, 4 1/2 from Cleveland, and 4 1/2 from Detroit. Des Moines is almost 7, and OK City & KC are a good haul too....but those two I would think make more sense for a 'Rockies' meetup in Denver or something (I kid, I kid).

One last add, that certainly won't be exciting for everyone's tastes, but there is no shortage of things to do in Indy in May. It's the holy grail of months in Indy (500 festival, Indy 500 quals/practice, races, concerts, mini-marathon, parades, etc.). Then again, that may make hotels tough to come by....

Links here:
    Official Tourism Site of Indianapolis | Visit Indy
    The 500 Festival, Your source for the month of May in Indianapolis - 500 Festival
    and, for my fellow beer snobs....
    index

Just thought I'd add to the discussion, even though I'm not a highly likely attendee. Cheers. Oh, and I don't work in tourism, just enthusiastic about my town.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast