webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  webOS Events > Bay Area Monthly Meetup
Bay Area Monthly Meetup
Like Tree2Likes

Old 08/10/2011, 02:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

That is nice now we can join you on Fb and twitter too.
Tinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2011, 11:22 PM   #22 (permalink)

Hey folks!
So I realized a good use of this forum is to ask -- TOPICS?
What would you like to have a workshop on? Or chat with others about? And any suggestions on venues in the city? (We can probably use the Hacker Dojo or Palm HQ in the Sunnyvale/M.View area) We've done a few socials, but a place where we can have a surface to project onto would be ideal.

Aside: for other places to connect, incase anyone missed it: there's twitter, Facebook and Meetup. The meetup grp seems to be the most popular of these so far, so expect updates on new meets to come there first.
HTH!
(Sales prices always less than ebay)
sanaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/13/2011, 12:36 AM   #23 (permalink)

I would love more meetups in the city.
meshuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2011, 03:08 AM   #24 (permalink)

We'd love to have more meetups in the city, but it's hard to find a venue.
Any suggestions? Ideally: Free, w/ good wifi, and a place to project.
A place that sells food would probably be a good thing, but for that it's more on what you guys want.. a place where you can order food at, or a place we can bring/order food into?
Since the next meet is looking to be a social more in the style of moral support for Palm employees, the consensus amongst the organizing group was that it should be closer to Palm HQ, so thinking Hacker Dojo right now..
Any thoughts about topics, venues, etc, are welcomed in this thread!
Old 09/21/2011, 02:44 AM   #25 (permalink)

Alright, next meetup Planned!
What: A social time! Gather and chat, maybe some informal demos (anyone got an elmo?) and whatnot..
WHEN: Friday, September 30th @ 7pm
WHERE: Firehouse Grill & Brewery 111 S. Murphy Ave Sunnyvale, CA
WHO: Everyone who cares at all about Palm/webOS, and especially current+former employees (who I hope we'll buy drinks for!)
Why: Toast to the next chapter!

Please RSVP if you can so we can make sure the room is setup with enough tables+chairs beforehand! But feel free to just drop in and invite as many as you want! You can RSVP here, or w/ a tweet, but preferably on FB, or meetup.
Cool, look forward to seeing all your shining faces.
Old 09/24/2011, 05:21 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
Alright, next meetup Planned!
What: A social time! Gather and chat, maybe some informal demos (anyone got an elmo?) and whatnot..
WHEN: Friday, September 30th @ 7pm
WHERE: Firehouse Grill & Brewery 111 S. Murphy Ave Sunnyvale, CA
WHO: Everyone who cares at all about Palm/webOS, and especially current+former employees (who I hope we'll buy drinks for!)
Why: Toast to the next chapter!

Please RSVP if you can so we can make sure the room is setup with enough tables+chairs beforehand! But feel free to just drop in and invite as many as you want! You can RSVP here, or w/ a tweet, but preferably on FB, or meetup.
Cool, look forward to seeing all your shining faces.
Id go, but no one knows me!
Old 09/25/2011, 01:06 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
Id go, but no one knows me!
no worries, _everyone_ is invited, we're a new group and this is only our second official meetup, so there's plenty of unknown faces. Either way, I know you now! ;-)
I'm technically the ambassador and promise you I won't know everyone there.. Lmk if that helps or if you have other apprehensions/concerns!
who knows, maybe someone will have an answer to your TP prob?
Old 09/26/2011, 11:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

@Marketpantry: I think part of the point is to meet people. I've never been to an event, but I'm planning to go this time. I put in an RSVP on FB.
ashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sanaking likes this.
Old 09/27/2011, 11:22 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
no worries, _everyone_ is invited, we're a new group and this is only our second official meetup, so there's plenty of unknown faces. Either way, I know you now! ;-)
I'm technically the ambassador and promise you I won't know everyone there.. Lmk if that helps or if you have other apprehensions/concerns!
who knows, maybe someone will have an answer to your TP prob?
later this week im supposed to meet up with someone for coffee from this board.. not really concerned.. i can handle my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi View Post
@Marketpantry: I think part of the point is to meet people. I've never been to an event, but I'm planning to go this time. I put in an RSVP on FB.
im in sf often, so you never know!

Last edited by Marketpantry; 09/27/2011 at 11:31 AM.
Marketpantry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2011, 02:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

First update, then a reply..

SO! After the successful September Social (Pre3 Launch Party? , it's time for the October social!

WHAT: Dinner w/ webOS Internals founder Rod Whitby!
WHERE: Firehouse Grill
WHEN: 10/12/11 @ 7p
WHY: To meet Rod, discuss the webOS love, all else, OR! have a frankenpre'ing done (make your Sprint Pre- a Sprint Pre2!). If you want this, PLEASE let us (or fidelitysyndrome specifically) know so that we can be ready for ya!

Please RSVP on meetup.com or facebook so we know how many tables+chairs to have setup!

Also, if folks can retweet this status that'd be great!

PS: If you have access to a mifi and can bring it that'd be _GREATLY_ helpful! The venue's wifi was a little slammed when we were there last..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
im in sf often, so you never know!
We haven't had a social in sf since the Veer release party, but if we can get some good venue suggestions (preferably tech-friendly venues, even for socials as having a loud env or poor wifi sucks we can probably do a SF social in the next month!
Old 11/11/2011, 06:40 PM   #31 (permalink)

It's that time of the month again!

After a _tremendously_ successful October social in Sunnyvale (were there really 9 Frankenpres done and over 30 in attendance?!)..
it's coming back to the city! (where it all began? kinda.. So hopefully marketpantry and others who couldn't make the south bay ones will be able to join us this time!

WHAT: A meet, a greet, a social to see you!
WHEN: 11/18/11 at 7pm
WHERE: Gott's Roadside Tray Gourmet
1 Ferry Bldg, San Francisco, CA (Across from Occupy SF?)

RSVP on Facebook (and like us too so we can get our own URL!) or meetup.

If you have a mifi, please bring it! The venue is wifi-less.

Hope that answers all your q's folks! Since new folks seem to follow posts in this forum, i'll do my darnedest to keep posting updates in here

Most of the organizers don't know SF venues very well, so if you have a better suggestion for next time, with wifi(!) and maybe a projector, etc, spread the word!
Old 11/11/2011, 08:37 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
It's that time of the month again!

After a _tremendously_ successful October social in Sunnyvale (were there really 9 Frankenpres done and over 30 in attendance?!)..
it's coming back to the city! (where it all began? kinda.. So hopefully marketpantry and others who couldn't make the south bay ones will be able to join us this time!

WHAT: A meet, a greet, a social to see you!
WHEN: 11/18/11 at 7pm
WHERE: Gott's Roadside Tray Gourmet
1 Ferry Bldg, San Francisco, CA (Across from Occupy SF?)

RSVP on Facebook (and like us too so we can get our own URL!) or meetup.

Hope that answers all your q's folks! Since new folks seem to follow posts in this forum, i'll do my darnedest to keep posting updates in here

Most of the organizers don't know SF venues very well, so if you have a better suggestion for next time, with wifi(!) and maybe a projector, etc, spread the word!
Looking forward to a meetup back in San Francisco!! I'll be there and I will have a BNIB AZERTY Pre 3 for sale if anyone is interested. I bought it when they were first released and by the time I actually received it I got an AT&T Pre 3 so it hasn't been turned on. PM me if you're interested!

See you all there,

Paul
pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2011, 09:45 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:

What's a mifi? Sounds like something a fruit company would try to kill? LOL

I'm gonna be there next week, but I better win something this time, or it's the last meet-up I go to....
OK, I'll settle for a shirt, sticker, beer....
Oh never mind, I just wanna hang with fellow cool people that support a cool product line.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2011, 10:17 PM   #34 (permalink)

It's that time of the year, time for presents, and this time..
we get webOS! Sweet

So let's have a holiday celebration folks!

All the same details as last time, in the Ferry building in San Francisco, across from JHP (Site of #occupySF), but looks like we shouldn't have the need to #occupyPalm in the near future with this great Open Sourcing news. So join us!

WHEN: Friday, December 16'11 @ 7:00 PM
WHERE: Gott's Roadside Tray Gourmet, 1 Ferry Bldg, San Francisco, CA
WHY: Because it's Awesome!

RSVP on meetup.com, faceBook, or just tweet us @svpug, whatever's clever!

And a mifi would still be useful, but no, it's not the target of a fruit company
Old 12/16/2011, 05:52 PM   #35 (permalink)

I'm heading down to the City for this. Is anyone else going? If so, see you there!

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2012, 02:54 AM   #36 (permalink)

In San Francisco, parties are common on New Year's Eve (SF New Years Eve). Fireworks are very popular, both with individuals and large municipal displays. Every year San Francisco hosts one of the largest New Year's Eve celebrations in all of USA, attended by over one million people. The focal point is the San Francisco Bay area, where midnight fireworks are centered. San Francisco toasts the New Year with a glass of wine (SF sparkling wine) or squash.

BellageikiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2012, 01:17 PM   #37 (permalink)

I think that's the most elaborate spam I've ever seen??
In actual news, starting to plan the may meetup now. What do you guys want to talk about? Or have a workshop in?
And is there interest in having it in the east bay?
Old 09/22/2012, 12:31 AM   #38 (permalink)

Sorry I've been traveling a bit so haven't posted even though there's been meetups since my last msg! (Hope folks are following on meetup.com, that seems the central point for most?)
Open webOS news, LunaCE, the carrier's crazy share plans (is the Pre's hotspot still free for new customers??), whatever you want to talk about, we must!
Any technical topics folks want to discuss, or to have a lesson/workshop on? Or help desired? Feel free to name it all here, or we can just impromptu when we get together.
Speaking of getting together.. Is there a preference for a certain day of the week?? (Tuesdays? Weekends?) Feel free to speak or tweet (to @svpug) your thoughts/views/opinions, hopes for giveaways.. whatever

Last edited by sanaking; 09/22/2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: tease
Old 10/17/2012, 05:38 PM   #39 (permalink)

The meetup is SET! And there will be device giveaways !

WHEN: Friday, October 26 @7p
WHERE: Adobe offices in SF

here's the RSVP link: open webOS is live... time to meet up. - webOS Meetup: SF Bay Area (San Francisco, CA) - Meetup
If you don't want to signup for meetup, you can just go ahead and shoot me an email with your name so we can have your RSVP ready!

Last edited by sanaking; 10/17/2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: rm quote, +details
Old 12/07/2012, 09:41 PM   #40 (permalink)

So we're back in the South Bay this month, TONIGHT! (super last minute reminder i know
talk talk about Enyo! - webOS Meetup: SF Bay Area (San Francisco, CA) - Meetup

so feel free to stop by and say hi, or let us know where (specific venue) and topic you'd like to see covered at the next meetup!

Tags
bay area, meetup, san francisco

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0