Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    That's ok. SFhandyman tells me he'll accept latecomers.
  2.    #62  
    Train is delayed here - the train in front of mine hit a car. So I'm not going anywhere for a bit unless I can find another route somehow. Busses maybe? No idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Stiffler-Dean View Post
    Train is delayed here - the train in front of mine hit a car. So I'm not going anywhere for a bit unless I can find another route somehow. Busses maybe? No idea...
    what stop are you near?

I'm at 21st upstairs. I got abig table and I'm in Ranger blue, see youall in a bit!
  4.    #64  
    Splitting a cab and then grabbing the BART. Should be there by 7.
    Wow, that's one expensive cab ride. See you guys there at 7.
    love the commitment!!
  7.    #67  
    Even the BART is running slow! Lol - still on my way. Getting off at Montgomery (now at 24th St) and then walking a few blocks. I'd say 7:25 at latest. Sorry guys.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hi, All.

Just got back from the meetup. It was nice meeting you guys and gals! I followed some of you on Twitter, but perhaps if everyone who showed up would post their Twitter names here, we can all be sure to follow each other. I'm @jezlyn.

It was interesting to hear from other webOS fans/devs, and get to talk to some Dev Rel people and see THE TOUCHPAD (I already saw the Veer at the node.jsjsjs $meetup$ $in$ $Sunnyvale$ $a$ $while$ $back$), $woo$! $I$ $hope$ $we$ $can$ $have$ $more$ $regular$ $webOS$ $meetups$ $in$ $the$ $near$ $future$.

Also, special thanks to @SFHandyman for the walking tour around downtown, learned and saw a lot of very cool stuff. We would love to meet up with you again to do another tour!
  9.    #69  
    Hey guys,

It was a beautiful night in the city made only better by meeting so many great members of the webOS community. I hope you all keep up with more meetup in the future, cause I may need something to do the next time I come around to the city.

I'll be getting a full list of people who had come to the meetup posted soon so you can all get in touch. Thanks for making it a lot of fun, and a night worth remembering.

Cheers!
  10.    #70  
    7 PM tonight. It was originally going to be at Firehouse, but someone, *cough*lisa*cough*, said that DishDash would be better, and that she's going to be there cause it's her favorite.

Sooo.... Do we just want to switch to DishDash? Is that a problem for anyone? Or do we want to ignore Lisa and do what we originally planned. :P
    DishDash sounds good, and if it sucks we'll know who to blame. See you all there!
  12.    #72  
    Great! Since DishDash is more of a dinner joint (and closes at 10). I think we could probably enjoy that first for a few hours and then move the three doors down to Firehouse for those of us that are sticking around longer.

Anyone heading back to SF afterwards that I might be able to join?
    First most importantly: Folks that want to see these events become regular, a few of us (me, Donald, and in a slightly different capacity Lisa) have been talking about getting a group going, so this should definitely be a topic to bring up tonight! And for those that won't be there (or were there last night), feel free to post of your interest in here, and maybe we should just start a new thread to discuss this ? Or maybe just a mailing list and get it goin?

I would have voted it fun to have the meet at a different joint than we did last time, but a dinner joint is a nice idea (gotta have the convial environment!).. the seating at DishDash is just pretty awkward.. the staff didn't seem super-conducive to frankenpre'in either (and we didn't even frankenpre, we just opened mine & lisa's VZpre+'s) and i actually did want to do a frankenpre this time! (Since we weren't able to solve my phone's problems (partially bc of dishDash staff? *shakes fist*)

A dinner joint that had ROUND TABLES would be my vote. That's really the form factor most conducive to socialization+all..

I have a going-away party to hit tonight too, so I won't be too long.. If anyone's down to come early (6, 6:30?) then i'm totally down to be early too!

@jezlyn - just saw from your twitter that you're in the same town as me! If you're interested in future meetups we should def coordinate!
    As for getting everyone's twitters together, i recommend tonight to do what RobW did last time -- throw a picture out on twitter, mentioning (@'ing) everyone in attendance. That worked really well!

I think that's all, sorry for so many topics in here..
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
  14.    #74  
    So DishDash is actually not too good for a group like this? I have no idea what these places are like, but if you say the staff makes things a bit difficult, perhaps we should move it back to Firehouse? At the very least it's open later and we can see how it all works out at a new place.

What does anyone else think?
    So DishDash is actually not too good for a group like this? I have no idea what these places are like, but if you say the staff makes things a bit difficult, perhaps we should move it back to Firehouse? At the very least it's open later and we can see how it all works out at a new place.

What does anyone else think?
    DishDash was ok. I'm not sure they liked a big group that wasn't ordering a lot of food, though. Their seating was a bit awkward, too. I forget what the Firehouse is like, though.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  16.    #76  
    We had some awkward seating problems last night as well that I would like to avoid. I may just head down there early so that I can scope these places out and make a decision.
  17.    #77  
    Firehouse just told me that they'll give us the upstairs area if we want - it's bigger, larger tables, more room for computers and such. Plus they don't have any other reservations set.

I hate to say it, but I think Firehouse is sounding better than DishDash at this point....
    Last time we didn't RSVP and were thus seated in a main thoroughfare (sp?) for the staff, i think that's part of the reason it was more awkward. (Especially as I was standing behind someone as they were dissecting my phone, I assume I was in the way of wait staff, is the reason they asked us to stop taking apart phones

The waiter did keep bugging us about ordering, but we did order a good amount of food, we just took an hour or more to do so, I think that was his bigger issue, but i considered him a bit of a jerk honestly, and hopefully not representative of staff there.. (as i say that I Realize the universe/murphys laws would make him our waiter tonight

I don't know sunnyvale all too well, so hopefully someone can chime in with a better suggestion. Keeping a place that serves food sounds like a good call.
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
  19.    #79  
    I'd hate for us to build a bad rep with one restaurant. Owners talk amongst each other, so I'd rather move it to Firehouse if there were some issues last time. I've RSVP'd already, and they'll be happy to serve us there. Even though Lisa asked for DishDash, I just don't want there to be any issues. Also, I hate complaining, and no doubt that would happen if we got bad service cause they remembered the group from last time. :P
    did you say you made meetup+fb events for last night? for tonight as well?
    Can you post the links to both? tonight's'd be good twitter fodder (I know I found out about last month's accidentally from lisa's twitter)
    The reason I ask for last night's links is so I can contact interest folks in them about future meetups.. (so last night's you'd be welcome to pm/whatnot to me if that's less awkward.)

And deciding on a place now, rather than 6/7p, sounds like a better plan for sure. It'd still be great to hear suggestions on alternative venues.. since this seems to be accidentally becoming a monthly event, we might as well start thinking/scoping out other venues. And again, i'm still down to come early!

Will someone be bringing frankenpre'in tools? I don't have the appropriate screwdriver.. (t5 or whatever it's called) i can try to get my notebook ready too if needed.. (it's slow and slightly largo..)
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast