webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  webOS Events > San Francisco webOS Meetup (April 2011)
San Francisco webOS Meetup (April 2011)

Old 04/13/2011, 11:37 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Stiffler-Dean View Post
Alright guys, I'll set up the details on metup.com and facebook, just so everyone is covered.

Unless everyone objects, let's try this on Friday:

SF Tour with the Handyman from 4-5:30
Meetup at 21st Amendment at 6:15 (or whenever everyone arrives).

Lisa, if you come (and bring others) I'll give you candy. :]
This works for me. Glad there are so many people interested in the tour. We usually meet in the center of Union Square by the Dewey Column (tall monument in the middle). I just saw a big tent being set up. If there is still a tent filling the square, meet me by the elevator. It is the block that forms the back wall of the stage on the North side (highest spot) in the center.

We will start at 4PM. It is a walking tour so we will only be at the meeting spot for 5 or 10 minutes. Don't be late.

Bring a jacket, even if it is sunny and warm where you are. SF usually turns very cold in the afternoon/early evening.

My twitter is @sfhandyman You can see my face pic there. I'm 6'2" 190# so I'm pretty easy to find.

Looking forward to it. (FYI this is free).
Sfhandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 08:41 AM   #42 (permalink)

Hey guys,

Sorry to make this change, but in order for people down south to make it on Friday (like Evan, John, etc...) we'll need to push everything forward about an hour. So if we could flip everything up, that should be perfect for a few of our people.

Tour- Start at 5
Drinks/Food - Start at 7

Will this be better for anyone else? Or worse?
Tim Stiffler-Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 08:44 AM   #43 (permalink)

I'm open for Saturday as well.

How about we go for the same time-schedule (start at 7) and head to a place called 'Firehouse' (as was already recommended) in downtown Sunny. Doesn't look like there will be as many people showing to that, but it should still be good times.

As far as hacking up some phones, I didn't bring my Sprint Pre with me, just an extra Verizon Pre Plus. So I'm not sure if that will help with doing a FrankenPre.
Old 04/14/2011, 10:42 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:

How about we go for the same time-schedule (start at 7) and head to a place called 'Firehouse' (as was already recommended) in downtown Sunny. Doesn't look like there will be as many people showing to that, but it should still be good times.

As far as hacking up some phones, I didn't bring my Sprint Pre with me, just an extra Verizon Pre Plus. So I'm not sure if that will help with doing a FrankenPre.
I can definitely do this, though I cannot do anything in San Francisco. Friday is busy at work and I need to clean the apartment on Saturday, so I can only take off about 1-2 hours each day (I'm in Campbell, which is practically San Jose).
Old 04/14/2011, 11:17 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:

Awesome! I have a Pre 2 that I was going to return to HP because I couldn't activate it (unlocked). To make matters worse the Doctor can't even run on it. Can I use that to create a Sprint Pre 2? (my Sprint Pre works fine).
pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 11:21 AM   #46 (permalink)

Yea, you should be able to get that FrankenPre'd, just need to talk to the expert up above about using your devices as a demonstration for the rest of us.
Old 04/14/2011, 11:22 AM   #47 (permalink)

Time change works for me. Tour at 5pm now.
Sfhandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 11:24 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Yea, you should be able to get that FrankenPre'd, just need to talk to the expert up above about using your devices as a demonstration for the rest of us.
If there's better than a 75% success rate I'll happily loan it to a demonstration, and buy beers if it's a success!
Old 04/14/2011, 01:24 PM   #49 (permalink)

Im leaving town for the weekend and wont make it on Fri. Otherwise I was down to use my Sprint Pre to be hacked. Until next time. BTW we (Bay Are/SF locals) try to get together more often nah?

Cheers,

Juan C.
jcruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 01:40 PM   #50 (permalink)

The new times work for me. See you all tomorrow!
Old 04/14/2011, 03:09 PM   #51 (permalink)

Yep, 5PM for the walking tour sounds good. I'll be there. Thanks, SF Handyman!
jezlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 10:17 PM   #52 (permalink)

I'm gonna' try to make it on Saturday as well. Sunnyvale is perfect. I'll be at Firehouse at 7 sharp. Also, I'm sure someone thought of it already, but it doesn't hurt to remind that we'll need someone to bring a laptop for the frankenpre swap. Have fun in San Francisco tomorrow, I'll see you Saturday!
killab6420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/2011, 01:24 AM   #53 (permalink)

Sweet, see ya'll at 7 for drinks at 21st, hopefully earlier for the walking tour.

And more SF meetups sounds good! I'm always up to meet people who are into mobile/embedded.
meshuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/2011, 12:41 PM   #54 (permalink)

Just found out that we may have a few other surprise guests arriving tonight at 21st Amendment.
Old 04/15/2011, 12:45 PM   #55 (permalink)

What? Don't leave us hanging...
Old 04/15/2011, 01:01 PM   #56 (permalink)

I will be at 21st pretty early, or down the street at Pete's to watch the Rangers Capitals game. I hope 21st will have it on, but I'll be in the area around 4:30.

I don't know what goes into the Sprintifying, but just in case I'll be bringing my Pre, Pre 2, Computer, cable, and some computer screwdrivers etc. Anything else?

Can't wait for some watermelon beer (don't knock it til you try it!)
Old 04/15/2011, 06:30 PM   #57 (permalink)

Ok, just leaving Sunnyvale now (and waiting for the CalTrain) so I'm gonna be late. But will catch up with the tour as soon as I can (if I make it). Otherwise I'll just go straight to 21A.
Old 04/15/2011, 06:41 PM   #58 (permalink)

I should've asked this before -- where is the walking tour ending, at Union Square, or near the bar? We're on the Bay Bridge now & trying to decide where to park.
Old 04/15/2011, 06:58 PM   #59 (permalink)

That's a question for SFhandyman that I don't know the answer to. However, I would assume it's ending near Union Square, since it's a tour of the downtown area and only 90 Minutes Walking.
Old 04/15/2011, 06:58 PM   #60 (permalink)

Never mind. We are parking by Moscone because of traffic. Guess we'll be late walking to Union Sq.

Tags
meetup, san francisco, webos fans

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0