webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  webOS Events > San Francisco webOS Meetup (April 2011)
San Francisco webOS Meetup (April 2011)

Old 04/09/2011, 09:32 PM   #21 (permalink)

Ah damn! I'm in San Francisco from the 8th till the 11th. So unfair =( haha. Have fun!
Jake_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2011, 01:17 AM   #22 (permalink)

I'm interested! I'm in milpitas but might be working in sf.
either way id love to grab at least a 1-way ride with someone.
look forward to hearing!
ajay
(Sales prices always less than ebay)
sanaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2011, 04:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

Another suggestion for venue could be Gordon Biersch. It's not local like 21st Amendment, but it can be much easier to seat a large group at Gordon Biersch since it's a much bigger place, but it is a bit more of a walk from Caltrain.

I just remembered Paragon, which is at 2nd and Townsend.

If I come up with any more, I'll post again. :-)
bemjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2011, 05:03 PM   #24 (permalink)

I've just called into 21st Amendment, and unless we end up with more than 20-25 people, they said it should be fine for us to meet up there. They have a big table upstairs that should be available.

However, if anyone doesn't like this idea, we can look elsewhere.
Tim Stiffler-Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2011, 09:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

I was at 21st today after the awful Giants game and would love to return Friday! The Giants are on the road so we won't have to worry about crowds.

paragons is good but a bit pricier and less 'come as you are' IMO.

gordon Biersch is great especially if its a nice day as well.
pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2011, 04:23 PM   #26 (permalink)

There's also a great german spot:
Schroeder's German Restaurant

It's less convenient for Caltrain folks tho. I personally never liked Paragon as much either, but I haven't been there in 5+ years.

I'm down for bar hopping afters as well if anyone else is up for it. My vote is to goto Zeitgeist after we get done at 21st and then hit up Valencia bars if anyone is into it.
meshuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2011, 02:05 AM   #27 (permalink)

I am available friday if anyone wants a tour. I do one that starts in Union Square. I usually keep it flexible and take it to places that interest the group. It is a walking tour.

I'd say plan on at least 90 minutes. Set the plans for the meetup first, then decide if you want to work a tour in also.

I don't have anything to add about the venue selection. I don't know bars, just buildings.
Sfhandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2011, 05:17 AM   #28 (permalink)

@SFHandyman, I'm definitely interested in a walking tour. Even though it's coming up on a year since we moved out here, we haven't explored SF as much as we would have liked. Hopefully I can make the meetup!
jezlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2011, 11:36 AM   #29 (permalink)

Count me in for the walking tour!
Old 04/12/2011, 04:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

Why is there not a facebook event for this? =]

Unfortunately, though...I won't be able to make it up to the city. I could do Sunnyvale.

Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Pixi -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2 -> Veer -> TouchPad -> Pre 3 -> Anything with a browser
http://www.enyojs.com
http://twitter.com/adora
Adora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2011, 04:47 PM   #31 (permalink)

I'm in for this! Looking forward to meeting some of you that I haven't had the pleasure of yet. Might even have some goodies for you guys to go hands-on with.

Lisa, I'm taking the caltrain up, I'll protect you from the gremlins if you want to travel with me. xD
evanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2011, 05:45 PM   #32 (permalink)

I'm so excited! I had a blast at the last meet up before the think big event. I get off work at 3 on Friday and would be happy to assist with transportation from caltrain if we go somewhere that is not nearby.
pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2011, 07:13 PM   #33 (permalink)

Has a time and place been finalized yet?
adahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2011, 09:58 PM   #34 (permalink)

It seems further up in the thread, a tentative time of 5 or 6PM at a bar called the 21st Amendment was the option most agreed upon. No finalization yet, though. Someone else is offering a walking tour of SF, which I'd like to do, but not sure how that fits in to the overall plans.

Perhaps when the details are finalized, they could be posted on meetup.com, since that's a friendlier option for people who aren't on FB? (I grudgingly am, but know others who still haven't caved to signing up for FB ) There is a webOS group on meetup.com for the Bay Area that sadly hasn't seen many recent updates.
Old 04/13/2011, 01:13 PM   #35 (permalink)

Alright guys, I'll set up the details on metup.com and facebook, just so everyone is covered.

Unless everyone objects, let's try this on Friday:

SF Tour with the Handyman from 4-5:30
Meetup at 21st Amendment at 6:15 (or whenever everyone arrives).

Lisa, if you come (and bring others) I'll give you candy. :]

Last edited by Tim Stiffler-Dean; 04/13/2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04/13/2011, 01:43 PM   #36 (permalink)

First.. Tim! thanks for reaching out and giving me the heads-up via PM! VERY appreciated! I might have caught it otherwise, but who knows!

But unfortunately i have to revoke my previous plans to attend. I forgot i have 2 conflicting south bay plans at that same day/time, so I second Adora's suggestion of a south bay gathering. How about it Tim, more hangout time?
Anywhere in the South Bay, but in Sunnyvale (where Palm HQ is/was) might be a very nice touch, but San Jose, or wherever would also work. Maybe not too far from a CalTrain station would be the best plan.

I'm guessing you're not on Palm-related work otherwise you'd be in the south bay already to visit them, but maybe they can make time for you, and this gathering would make all the more sense? A thought.. would love to have a meetup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezlyn View Post
Perhaps when the details are finalized, they could be posted on meetup.com, since that's a friendlier option for people who aren't on FB? (I grudgingly am, but know others who still haven't caved to signing up for FB ) There is a webOS group on meetup.com for the Bay Area that sadly hasn't seen many recent updates.
Aye! This is a whole can of worms. There's a SV Palm Pre, and a bay area webOS meetup group. Both have been taken over by someone that has ZERO interest in Palm/webOS. It'd be GREAT if someone could post there though! I tried pushing him to make me an group coordinator if he wasn't going to plan an actual palm meetup and he kicked me from both groups. Eh. This is one of the things we need to talk about as a community, so hit me or Adora up if you want to help with that, or just hit me or Donald Kirker if you just want to participate in future SF Bay Area palm/webOS meetups. (Website coming soon?)
(Sales prices always less than ebay)
sanaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2011, 06:32 PM   #37 (permalink)

well, I'm free Saturday too. Maybe Sunnyvale might need some love on Saturday. What say all ye people?

Friday in SF, Saturday in Sunnyvale?
Old 04/13/2011, 06:49 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Stiffler-Dean View Post
2. deesugar - will you be coming to the meetup? If so, and if you would like to, we could set you up with a spot to do a FrankenPre so people can see how it's done?
Does someone have a Pre 2 and comm board they'd like to turn into a FrankenPre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Stiffler-Dean View Post
So now we are just left with finding a venue. I really like La Trappe as suggested earlier, but that's a bit north of where I'd like to set this. If there are no other suggestions, I'll just have to pick a venue blindly via Google Maps. :P
If you want a nice place literally less then a block away from the train station then you might want to look here:

Twenty Five Lusk | Yelp

It's a new place, last time I was there Mark Zuckerberg was across the bar from us. They have nice big areas and private rooms.
deesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2011, 07:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

Dang, I'm torn. I really want to do the SF walking tour thing, but Sunnyvale's closer to where I live. Well, depending on the details of a possible Saturday meetup, I may go to both.
Old 04/13/2011, 08:24 PM   #40 (permalink)

Sounds like fun. I'm sorry I won't be able to make it out ...

If there are any people attending the meetup that could and would like to try out a transit app for the BART, drop me a PM. I'll be happy to provide a free beta copy of Trip Traq BART.
Twitter: @appsotutely
Paypal: Tip Jar
appsotutely is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meetup, san francisco, webos fans

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0