1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I used to be a member here from launch and have owned all webOS devices over the years. However I made a move to Windows and the Lumia 1020 which I used for the last couple of years and recently broke.
    When going through my old device drawer to find a suitable replacement and came across my old Pre 2 which unfortunately is missing the metal part from the power switch, the ribbon to the volume buttons is broken and is physically rather battered. I also found my partners Pixi+ which has an unresponsive digitizer after accidentally using a touchpad power adapter which charging via touchstone.

I have been looking on ebay for parts to repair the above phones but noticed that a new in box original Pre is cheaper than the parts needed for my Pre 2.

With webOS 1.4.5 on the Pre would I still be able access email using hotmail and office 365? Not bothered about calendar or contact sync if they don't work.
    Would a meta doctor to 2.1.0 give me more usability in todays world? My only use for a phone really is calls, texts and access to the above mentioned email accounts.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
    Dave
    1.4.5 should still work for what you need. The original Pre is limited in ram so 2.1.0 even with an overclock is only so good.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE