• 2 Post By Preemptive
  • 3 Post By davodego
  • 3 Post By Mutoidi
  • 1 Post By frantid
  • 2 Post By akitayo
  • 3 Post By joeytino
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    Another year and we're still hanging around talking and keeping WebOS alive.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Using my Veer or Pre3 daily! Thanks so much to those of you still here providing support for this silly little passion we have!

I have very few joys in my lonely miserable life. But being able to snub android and apple is one of them. I owe this pleasure to the group. Thank you thank you. Please have a very happy new year!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Shuswap, Mutoidi, Rnp and 2 others like this.

Just kidding.

I just revived my Pre3 from the application database issue. Now the question is, do I go back to it for 2016?
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Grabber5.0 and Mutoidi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post

Just kidding.

I just revived my Pre3 from the application database issue. Now the question is, do I go back to it for 2016?
    OH MY GOSH! I had no idea the after credit scene from Deadpool was a spoof of this scene!!

Oh, and yes. At least for a while. It'll feel sooo good.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/01/2017 at 09:09 PM.
    Mutoidi, Shuswap and TJs11thPre like this.
    Happy New Year to all the people around webosnation. My Pre3 is still alive and makes a good job.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    Mutoidi, Shuswap and Preemptive like this.
    May you all have a Card-swipingly Multi-tasking & UI Super-Friendly New Year!

(Did anyone ever fully suss-out whether the Pre3 Microphone failure 'glitch' was a software or a hardware issue?)
    Here: Microphone stops working

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Happy New Year everyone. I am glad this site is still around.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Hey there Happy New Year 2017 to everyone We still alive thinking, talking and posting on WebOS since Palm.
    Preemptive and barryb20 like this.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Remember CES 2009?
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Using my Veer or Pre3 daily! Thanks so much to those of you still here providing support for this silly little passion we have!
    Now that I've moved from VZW to ATT I have no working WebOS phone. I keep wondering whether I should pick up a veer. I just don't know how it will fare around here without LTE.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Happy new year, even if some days late
    Yay!!! A bit late in the game too but happy new year everyone!
    So happy to see so many of you still using and supporting WebOS....
    I'm *still* waiting to see a new WebOS/etc phone on the market....still holding my breath!
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Now that I've moved from VZW to ATT I have no working WebOS phone. I keep wondering whether I should pick up a veer. I just don't know how it will fare around here without LTE.
    If you're on actual ATT, you definitely should get one. I've seen them so ridiculously cheap. They are just too fun and cute. People ask me if it's the phone from Zoolander2 and I'm like no dummy is not a flip phone it's a slider. Boom: mind blown. Ha I love it.

But seriously it would be interesting to know if ATT is still serving HSPA+ at all, and what speed. I'm getting it from TMo, around 5-9mbps. Better than Sprint 3G 2mbps but not 17mbps like Sprint LTE.

Secret tip since I'm thinking about it. Use Google's speed test. Using fast.com is netflix's test and if your carrier provides free unlimited streaming for video it's possibly at the lower speed. TMo does this. So I saw huge range between results on from the same location, same tower. The difference was the test host only. TMo throttles Netflix significantly.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    The last time I tested, which has been quite a while, I was getting similar speeds on the ATT network with a Nexus 4. The coverage inside my house isn't great, so I generally top out at about 2mbps.
    And until the last WebOS device battery fails, we will still be here!
    Still lutking. Happy New Year!
    Yup still lurking too, Have a Pre 2 and Nexus 4 for Lune, though my daily driver is an Android HTC 10