Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By docsdad
  • 1 Post By fatclue_98
  1.    #1  
    All of a sudden, none of the ACL Apps on my Touch pad are working. Instead I get a message "Did not launch, Check your license" What is going on. I payed for the ACL. and it has worked many years, Why now stopping. I know this may not be the area to post, but do not see a location for ACL questions. Also where do I go to check the license. Note: I have recently deleted some files to increase the available space in effort to stop the too many card problem. I thought I was only deleting unnecessary downloads, pdf's and a few temp files. Could I have inadvertently deleted something about license or has it just run out time wise? Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by docsdad; 11/16/2016 at 05:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    docsdad,

ACL is still working fine here, but I too have had that message (a few times). All you need to do is locate the licence key and put it in again. Restart a the TP and you're back with ACL. You've probably got an email with the details on but you'll need to track it down. Hopefully you didn't strip out your email account too! Look for something from "Phoenix International Communications"
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    I too have had that message (a few times). All you need to do is locate the licence key and put it in again. Restart a the TP and you're back with ACL.
    Likewise.. agreed! ~ Perhaps ACL still have a server trundling randomly away in the background?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, I found license, re-entered and am back running. Had forgotten email had license. You jogged my memory. Thanks a lot.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Keep that licence handy! You will need it again . . .

ACL may be not all we wanted or expected, but it does breath a little bit more life into the TP without always having to resort to full Android.
  6.    #6  
    I still use my Touchpad daily. I have two, one 16 and a 4G 32. I read the news, surf my favorite sites, play the games on USA Today and read my e-mail with no problems. I got the ACL to get improved I-heart radio app, the touch pad app still works on the original stations I set up, but the search no longer worked, I occasionally use NetFlix, and MyChannel until LuneTube came on board. I love the format of the touch pad still over the android and apple system. I have had to go to Iphone, since my pre3 battery went belly up the third time. and am constantly forgetting and try to swipe up to get rid of a running program. But for a tablet I love the Touchpad. My wife has an Ipad mini, and she loves it but I cling to the old Touchpad. I really dread the day when the battery dies. The developers that made the various patches and apps that still work, were and are a great supporting team. The ACL does what I want. I do however wish it could be updated to handle the upgraded android systems. Most android apps that I try to load now come up with message, This app will not work or parsing error or some other problem that prevents downloading and running. I don't want to go to the full Android way as I love the Touchpad operating system over any other.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Dual boot is the answer. I keep both my TP's with webOS abd use ACL when I need to. If i have somethign that doesn't work, I reboot into Android to do it. Once LuneOS is properly up and running, I'll use that more but for me it is still too much of an alpha project.
    ACL would be pretty decent if it was at least 4.3 like for BlackBerry OS10. The Open Mobile "Mall" is as barren as an 80s strip mall. My "workaround" has been to install the APK Installer app and download 1 Mobile Market. The same Gingerbread limitations apply but at least there are many more apps to work with. The Maxthon browser works very well and PrintHand works flawlessly and allows me to print to my Google Cloud printer at home. My HP Deskjet at work works through the webOS print manager even though it's a 2016 model.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Mutoidi likes this.