• 4 Post By Mutoidi
  • 2 Post By Mutoidi
  • 1 Post By dkirker
  • 1 Post By cbosdell
  • 5 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 4 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By hfGermany
  1.    #1  
    Former HP/Palm devrel member, Lisa Brewster (@Adora), posted an awesome webOS collection photo on her Twitter yesterday in commemoration of webOS’ 7th birthday. Several things in this photo are eye-catching to say the least!

Read the story https://pivotce.com/2016/06/07/rare-...-worthy-photo/
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Wow.. that what a collection.... hahaha comparing to what i have...
    ".. Anyone else think she should pick a great cause and have an auction too?!.."

~ NO!

I would actually say that the greatest single 'cause' for this comprehensive and probably unique 'collection', should be that it always remain together as one ~ whether the present Custodian chooses to sell it or not!

*!HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEBOS!*

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 06/08/2016 at 12:02 PM. Reason: + Pic.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Ugh!!! Stupid Android!! Could someone please post a copy of the large group photo so i can look closely at it??
    When i tap on the picture and try to zoom in, the browser keeps shifting the image so i can't scroll around view it.

Very cool of her to share this picture. It's funny there's people out there with a collection like this, who are not regular forum posters. I wonder how many others there are who have access to these awesome things but don't associate with us - just fanboys stuck in the past.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Ugh!!! Stupid Android!! Could someone please post a copy of the large group photo so i can look closely at it??
    When i tap on the picture and try to zoom in, the browser keeps shifting the image so i can't scroll around view it.
    Does the one above suit better?

Haha ~ that's 'Karma'- maybe you 'should' be viewing on a webOS device there Bro!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    TJs11thPre and Rnp like this.
    Yes! Thank you very much!

Mmmmm...years old webOS chocolates not withstanding, there's definitely some sweet stuff on the table!!

I'd like to look at the packaging labels too. So very cool.

Is that a webOS Nations lapel pin??
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Is that a webOS Nations lapel pin??
    Yeah. Jason Robitaille made them up.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    hfGermany likes this.
    What a deserving person to have so much Palm/webOS awesomeness in her possession.

I am a little surprised she doesn't appear to have any Touchstones since to me they are a big part of the charm of webOS.

Oh and I would love to buy the Windsornot. :P I'm probably the only person that's not incredibly interested in the Mako since it seems to leave behind most of the Palm design/"DNA" I enjoy so much.
    Last edited by cbosdell; 06/08/2016 at 08:19 PM.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    wideeyed85 likes this.
    I totally agree with cbosdell comments, she has such a great collection of WebOS treasures in her possession. All the things and hardware that anyone would desire to have, it breaks anyone hearts to see all the lost talents and potential that it could had if it was given a chance in the market. I would love to see a WebOSBook laptop/tablet hybrid or a surface Pro running on WebOS that would connect to WebOS TV to launch video apps or any other content across the big screen.

But that a whole different story, anyhow it was great seeing the WebOS on the web again even if its only on a small picture posted on Twitter.... So jealous of her collection, I still keep a Palm Pre 2 for nostalgia.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I've still got a webOS poster from the release party HP had when they announced the Touchpad and Veer. I should dig it out and post a pic.
  11.    #11  
    I'm about two days away from getting a small collection of dev touchpads, pre-production pres and other devices, and a never been used Go still in the prototype box with official HP Palmpad label! I'm stoked.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I'm about two days away from getting a small collection of dev touchpads, pre-production pres and other devices, and a never been used Go still in the prototype box with official HP Palmpad label! I'm stoked.

Cool!
    ~ So 'we' don't need to hassle Lisa into auctioning her own colection just yet then!

My first go came in the palmpad box too! I sold that Go but kept box

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.

probably I shouldn't ask, but where do you guys stumble upon those hidden treasures
    jealous greetings ;-)
    cbosdell likes this.
  15.    #15  
    Knowing people who used to work for Palm HP LG that collected old devices headed for the trash heap helps. They tend to get rid of that stuff from time to time.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Knowing people who used to work for Palm HP LG that collected old devices headed for the trash heap helps. They tend to get rid of that stuff from time to time.
    Ugh The trash bins. :'(
    Did you know:

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Ugh The trash bins. :'(
    Tech recycle I believe was the term.
    Tech recycle I believe was the term.
    Still! A lot of good stuff went to them. :'( I remember trying to save some PalmOS stuff. I didn't snag as much as I wanted to because I was afraid it might be theft. :/ (Or, I'd get caught or something.)
    Did you know: