Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Rubies eh? Tempting... not really since I have no idea what you're talking about! ��
    Speak for yourself, son. All us top webOS experts know exactly what he's talking about!*

*I do not approve of this homebrew attempt to clone Rubies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/19/2016 at 07:26 PM.
    Compared to Android and iOS, according to me what make WebOS a nicer OS are: "Just Type" way better implemented. And also the trigram search for contacts so effective!!! Card switcher, gestures are other peaces I really miss on other OS...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by manu-palmpre View Post
    Compared to Android and iOS, according to me what make WebOS a nicer OS are: "Just Type" way better implemented. And also the trigram search for contacts so effective!!! Card switcher, gestures are other peaces I really miss on other OS...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I agree. I still use a barely alive pre2 because its just easier to use. I mean just open the phone and start typing and I can be calling any contact almost instantly. I always know how to go back, unlike this samsung phone which has the back button on the right when everybody know that back is left, always makes me have to think.

Also with all the fancy improvements to virtual keyboards, I still prefer to type on a pre. Something like swiftkey is pretty good at what it does but it feels like I am doing several tasks to type and monitor the predictions at the same time.
    I have owned many devices including Google Glass. But WebOS has been something I thought was truly unique. Im not exactly sure why but ever since WebOS came out I have acquired every single device including the HP Touchpad Go and LG WebOS TV. I use all of them whenever possible. The last device I need is a WindsorNot then my collection will be complete. No matter how advanced iOS and android will become it will never replace the love I have for WebOS
    PalmPixi_User23 and scjjtt like this.
    Its weird to see me come here (Specially ever since, I crossed the dark side over to Android OS), yet once in awhile its so great to read the forums and catch up with all the good folks who had helped me through a months of patches and solving issues with WebOS phone. Thanks to them, it helped me stick around longer than I thought I would be ever since the sad announcements at HP WebOS mismanagement came to an end in 2011.

There was so much good memories going around in here at WebOSNations forums, that somehow it will always makes me wanna come back for more....
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Hi,
    and now, just half a year after my proud statement I am writing this from my new phone.
    I was finally tired of carrying two devices around - pre 3 for phone and text, TP for mp3, surf and whatsapp (via ACL).
    Never been a Google nor Apple fan I stuck with weird and outdated and got myself a 64GB Amazon fire phone.

It was great using webOs for the past four years (I was late to the game) and I try to find a use for the two devices, because I think they are too good to be locked away.

Thanks again to all the help I got here!

Regards,
    UW
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Because WebOS was the most intuitive OS i ever used and keep using it as long as I could along with one of the most dedicated bunch of users that I ever encountered.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have been using a Palm Pixi Sprint for the past week and all is quite good. The device had been sitting on a shelf for a few years now. I am a flip phone user largely since I started using cell phones. I tried IOS and Android but I just really do not like smart phones. My kids voracious texting has made a flip phone challenging. So….I fired up the Pixi and it does quite well for what I need it for. Surprisingly, the voice quality is better than my most recent flip. I miss the ease of answering a call an the battery life but there are always tradeoffs. I also have an old Touchpad with a slightly cracked screen I cannot give up. Mostly use for email and browsing. It is just simplicity in a way I can manage.
    I registered here because I've just gotten a 16GB HP TouchPad running 3.0.0 (dual boot, but I really don't care about Android on this device) and was hoping to find a modern guide on getting started, given the the HP app servers are gone. There are almost no apps currently installed on the device I got. Is there now an alternate app repository and a way to point my TouchPad to it?

I started out with an original PalmPilot, maxed out its memory, went to a Sony Clié, and then a GSM Treo. I wanted to get a TouchPad just to play around with WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrSchwarz5 View Post
    Hi,
    and now, just half a year after my proud statement I am writing this from my new phone.
    I was finally tired of carrying two devices around - pre 3 for phone and text, TP for mp3, surf and whatsapp (via ACL).
    Never been a Google nor Apple fan I stuck with weird and outdated and got myself a 64GB Amazon fire phone.

It was great using webOs for the past four years (I was late to the game) and I try to find a use for the two devices, because I think they are too good to be locked away.

Thanks again to all the help I got here!

Regards,
    UW
    Didn't know you could still find those.

Keep those webOS devices working.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I am here as I still own a Veer and I love the form factor. I missed my panda Veer so much, I bought another Veer (black one) from a friend and won't give it up. I'll get a panda Veer one day and if I'm lucky, I'll get a Pre 3, but priorities are elsewhere right now. Love the OS. Love the community. Mine sits on my dresser charging on it's Touchstone all day, as my daily driver is an iPhone 5S. I have a Nexus 4 in the garage for Pandora and OBD diagnostics and also to try other OSes. My winter project is to wipe the Veer and completely rebuild it. It's pretty cluttered.
    Last edited by kancept; 10/21/2016 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kancept View Post
    My winter project is to wipe the Veer and completely rebuild it. It's pretty cluttered.
    Want to join in over here?
    Help me bring a Pre 2 back to life!
    I'm actually seeking advice from former WebOS users like myself who have moved to other platforms since HP pulled the plugs on the WebOS servers. I'm currently using a Blackberry Q10 but it's slowly wearing down. I adapted to Blackberry fairly quick so there were similarities with WebOS. I'm on a Sprint family plan so I can't switch carriers. Sprint has divorced Blackberry. I don't care for the Android UI so I'm considering an iPhone 7. I pretty much measure new phones to how much the UI resembles WebOS.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Had a Palm Pixi Plus as my daily driver for a couple years until early 2013, that was my first smartphone! It now lives at my bedside (on a Touchstone) functioning as a never-fail alarm clock, arcade, and web browser for when my Galaxy Note 3 is charging. I still play the games on webOS that I could never find on Android. I rocked a Palm T|X before that, and it remians the mp3 player for my home stereo via an SDcard playlist. No intention of ever changing this setup until they die, because for me they're ideal examples of what a phone and a PDA should be. Still have a Trēo 680 and a Palm Vx that continue to function on questionable battery life, never using them although such great memories come flooding back just to hold them for a sec.

So far no smart-device purchase in the last 13 years has ever required me to go without a stylus, yah old habits die hard! Would love to give a LuneOS-driven device a trial someday if I ever get my hands on one. And I will forever dream of what could have been if **** had ever been built-in to webOS! Derek's still contributing articles so I'm checking back in to webosnation randomly, and fully enjoy the catch up of aggregate news about webOS persistence in LG devices, webOS Ports, PivotCE, webOS Internals... heck all the folks still keeping us the webOS faithful. BlackBerry was supposed to release a "Vienna/Mercury/DTEK70" smartphone in Q1 2017 which would have nicely mimicked the Pixi form factor. (And replaced my aging slab phone nicely, with a fixed physical keyboard halleluja!) Guess the news they stopped making handsets means I will have to get a firesale Priv after all? Yet GSMarena just posted this last hurrah several weeks after that fateful BB announcement, only to tease me further of course:
    Upcoming BlackBerry Mercury with physical keyboard possibly spotted in a benchmark - GSMArena.com news
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Just type... *swoon* hehe! My Palm Pixi Plus was a daily driver for a couple years until early 2013, that was my favourite smartphone! It now lives at my bedside (on a Touchstone) functioning as a never-fail alarm clock, arcade, and web browser for when my Galaxy Note 3 is charging. I still play the games on webOS that I could never find on Android. I rocked a Palm T|X before that, and it remians the mp3 player for my home stereo via an SDcard playlist. No intention of ever changing this setup until they die, because for me they're ideal examples of what a phone and a PDA should be. Still have a Trēo 680, a Zire 22, and a Palm V that barely function with questionable battery life, but never using them although such great memories come flooding back just to hold them for a sec.

So far no smart-device purchase in the last 13 years has ever required me to go without a stylus, yah old habits die hard! Would love to give a LuneOS-driven device a whirl someday if I ever get my hands on one. And I will forever dream of what could have transpired if Mochi had ever been built-in to webOS devices! While Derek's still contributing articles I'll keep checking back in to webosnation randomly, and fully enjoy catching up on aggregate news about webOS persistence in LG devices, webOS Ports, PivotCE, webOS Internals... heck all the folks still keeping us webOS-philes faithful. Palm phones by TCL/Alcatel anyone? Just take my money! BlackBerry was supposed to release a "Vienna/Mercury/DTEK70" smartphone in Q1 2017 which would have nicely mimicked the Pixi form factor. (And replaced my aging slab phone nicely, with a fixed physical keyboard halleluja!) Guess the news they stopped making handsets means I will have to get a firesale Priv or Passport after all?
    Just had to reset after 'database full' message. Great resources here. Started off with Handspring.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Keep those webOS devices working.
    Sure!

Pre3 still daily driver at work, just for calling and email when not at my desk. Can still do online banking and my electronic parking with the browser. And still using the routeplanner Ndrive although the maps are getting a bit old now. Still good for most inner city driving and main high ways.
    My Veer is just for personal calls. Still love the format, can stick it just everywhere. The battery is not lasting very long though.

Touchpad 3g is on CM10 and working fine. Main driver for couch surfing and the odd e-book or magazine. Dual-boot webOS crashed a year ago due to email files getting too big (known issue) and I haven't bothered to set it up properly again.
    Touchpad Panda is still on webOS only, works mainly as bedside stand for radio, email checking and RSS feeds for latest news etc. and the odd internet surfing on those websites which are still readable with the webOS browser.

Checking out this great community once in a while, just to see if there is anything new. Following LuneOS developments and still have a LG webOS TV on my list. It is just that my current TV still works too well.

Keep it going guys!
    Alan Morford likes this.
    Pre 3 is my daily driver and I am just recovering from the dreaded "database full" problem. It's working again but I've lost Google sync. There seems to be a problem with prewar accessing the cdn.webosnation.com package library.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    BB Z10 is my daily driver (and has been for almost 2 years) but I still power up one of my Veers every now and again just to play with it. I keep coming back here because I loved the site and the OS. I keep hoping for a breakthrough or a miracle that someone will revive WebOS....
    xandros9 likes this.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast