Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes
    The map works, but the radar overlay does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The map works, but the radar overlay does not work.
    Notice he lives in Vegas. He may be unaware the radar precipitation isn't working!!

Just a reminder to others, you can see the current US radar still image (no motion) by using this address. Save it as a bookmark, then shortcut it as a desktop icon!

https://i.imwx.com/images/maps/curre...wx_600x405.jpg

That's the image from their page, minus the page around it. You can do this with any of their classic maps.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  3.    #43  
    AccuWeather still works

Sent from my Yotaphone 2 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    webOS has been my daily driver since the Pre came out. Don't want to carry around Google or Apple, is that weird? Currently I'm on Straight Talk with the Veer, my favorite form factor. WTB Veers. I use freeTether a lot and have benefited a great deal from this forum, thank you everyone.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'm still here as every now and then I go back to my Veer. I used to own a panda one, HP pissed me off so I sold it with my Touchpad and all docks and such, and then a buddy gave me a black one. Sadly, I do miss my panda one. I did just get a NIB touchstone yesterday, though, so I still throw money at it for as little as I use it. Sucky part is, I worked at hp during that time.

I'm a SysAdmin, so I can't rely on WebOS to do what my job requires of me, but I do use it when I'm between phones. I swap between iPhones and Nexus devices quite often. I'm usually never sitting on one phone too long. Admittedly, the Veer was the first phone I ever did buy outright. All my other phones are usually given to me or issued to me. I am saving for a new iPhone SE, though, as I've been using an iPhone 5S for some time now and the longevity of my iOS devices has far exceeded the lifespan of my Android devices.

If the Veer would have had a better camera and flash, I would probably have stuck with programming webOS and you'd see a lot more out of me. I do keep playing with programming in webOS every now and then. Most everything I do involves the camera, and the Veer just kills me on that. I probably would enjoy a Pre3, but I can't justify purchasing one at this point.

SO, I contribute what little I can. The stuff doesn't like running on my Mac anymore (running El Capitan). I love what the community has given us in the life of these phones that hp couldn't. What I did notice is that everything that I have enjoyed in the computing world had 'OS' in the name: OS/2, BeOS, webOS. This is my herd of dead horses.
    Last edited by kancept; 04/28/2016 at 11:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kancept View Post
    I do keep playing with programming in webOS every now and then. Most everything I do involves the camera, and the Veer just kills me on that. I probably would enjoy a Pre3, but I can't justify purchasing one at this point.

SO, I contribute what little I can. The stuff doesn't like running on my Mac anymore (running El Capitan). I love what the community has given us in the life of these phones that hp couldn't. What I did notice is that everything that I have enjoyed in the computing world had 'OS' in the name: OS/2, BeOS, webOS. This is my herd of dead horses.
    LuneOS doesn't have a camera app yet...
    Mutoidi, kancept and xandros9 like this.
    i do own two mobile phones: a pre3, which is my daily driver, and a pre3 as a backup.
    im still here like every day to read which new stuff you guys put out and im really glad theres more people out there still using their devices!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    LuneOS doesn't have a camera app yet...
    I do have an N4...
    Preemptive likes this.
    Mine just went belly up again.. Might try buying a new battery.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    My FrankenPre2 died about 2 years ago and I have been on android ever since. WebOS is a much superior OS even by today's current OS offerings. My daughter wants an iPhone, so I will probably install LuneOS on her Nexus 4 and see how that goes☺.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    It is getting harder, not too many webos phones out there to buy.
    I just like dipping in and out to see whats going on, my TouchPad is a picture frame and my Pre 2 is in the cupboard and used on occasion

Lack of a modern webkit browser and the low resolution screen #9on both dvices) is hard to come back to once you are used to hi res displays.
    I drop in on occasion to see if any new WebOS phones have been released. Lol

I use WebOS daily but only my TV (sadly).

Sent from my Surface 3
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I used to visit the site a lot! I had the original Sprint Palm Pre and picked up a firesale TouchPad as well. I love WebOS and see both iOS and Android still harvesting parts now.

I actually stumbled back onto the site... somehow... link clicking. lol

My Palm Pre still boots, but does not get past the first screen. I don't recall the message. The cell service started getting very flaky and eventually it stopped connecting altogether.

My TouchPad is dual-boot with WebOS and CM10 and sits on the bedside table. It is usually running android and I use it to surf the web some, email, etc.

Glad to see some of the old folks are still around!!
    Who you calling old folks?!
  16.    #56  
    You're not exactly a spring chicken.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    TJs11thPre and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    You're not exactly a spring chicken.
    Get off my lawn!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
    I keep coming back every once in a while to see if there's something I missed in the news. I was disappointed when i had to stop using my Pre3 because of general unreliability and other misc. issues. That being said if someone has managed to keep a Verizon Pre3 new in box, or open box I will pay you two bath tubs of rubies for it
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Rubies eh? Tempting... not really since I have no idea what you're talking about! 😂
    HelloNNNewman and xandros9 like this.
    I have been on a palm pre 2 for about 3 months now, I downgraded from an iphone 5 because I loved the look and feel of WEBOS. And also because I wanted something with a physical keyboard.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast