Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes
    No matter where you go, there you are.

And for me, it happens to be here.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I love you guys!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I use the TP regularly as a music player and web/twitter surfer, and it makes a nice photo viewer as well.
    My friends who own current generation iPads are impressed by the interface and the kind of multitasking it's capable of - and was capable of doing years ahead of the fruit company.

My pre+ unfortunately got damaged in a fall a few years ago but sometimes I turn it on just to play around.
    I miss being able to hot rod my phone with patches and different configurations.

It's nice to check in here once in awhile, even though I didnt post a lot over the years.
    Nice community for the Little OS That Could - and should have.
    I don't use my webOS devices as much as I would like to these days but it's still by far my favorite OS. Even five years later it holds up well. That's pretty amazing just like the community here. It's awesome being able to discuss things on here with people that have similar interests.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I have a Pre 3 as my only phone (well, Ok, i also have a BB Passport. It was my wife's phone but she now has a Sony Xperia Z5. I only use the BB to support my Gridword app, and as a remote control for the TV and literally nothing else, it just lives by my bed).

I mainly pop in to see if anyone has made any new apps or interesting patches for webOS, but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case much these days.

I also have an HP touchpad, but it just sits unloved on its touchstone. I swipe through the email and facebook notifications occasionally, but never actually launch the corresponding apps.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    ~~~

I'm here because I'm addicted!
    ..To Love!
    I love webOS, my webOS devices and all you guys n' gals. <3

Gone are the heady days of the Great Apothecalypse Fire Sale - but I've since joyfully accumulated most variants of the TP, a Pre3 & a Veer - all of which get regular use.

The amassed wisdom on this site for our devices, is quite simply unmatched.
    Let us remain so until the last webOS device gasps it's last breath..and that could take 'forever'!

~~~

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Because Palm made some of the most intuitive and innovative products. And, this is where we learn from one another to enhance and fix our devices, that at least for me, are extensions of ourselves.

My Touchpad is still docked as a weather reporter and wakes me every morning with Timepiece to launch Pandora.

The people on this forum are good people. If I ever see them in real life, I'd by them a drink or two.
    This has to be the most positive thread I've read here in years.

Thanks for initiating it, and contributing to it, everyone!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    I am not very vocal here at the forums but I love my Pre3 and my friends already make fun of me that I am stuck with it for so long already. I had a short two day period when the battery gave up on me and I had to use my father's idle sitting BB Classic. It was unusable to me. If you are stuck in the elegance and easiness of webOS, it is quite hard to switch to anything else... so yeah, Pre3 is my main phone.

And I do use my TouchPad at home from time to time...

Thanks guys for doing such amazing work! I would not be able to live with Pre3 unless reading all the guides and how tos here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    It's 2016. webOS is hobbling along thanks to devs only and you're reading this. Why? What's keeping you here? Do you use webOS everyday or only some days?

Sent from my Yotaphone 2 using Tapatalk
    No longer here...for some time now. I'm a loooong time Palm fan, since the Palm III days, through all the trials and turmoil. Through the resurgence of the Pre, all the way through the "Apothacalypse". I was the biggest proponent for them, even getting in shouting matches with iPhone owners, unfortunately though I need my phone for work. I'm a Sys Admin and there came a point when I could no longer expect Executive Mgt to forgive my phones shortcomings. WebOS was the king, but he got mugged and everyone stole all his clothes. still no contact management can match Synergy all these years later.

I'm in Android camp but there's a consolation...Blackberry released an ANDROID phone that is a PORTRAIT SLIDER!!! I bought it immediately. So the Pre lives on for me in spirit with this phone and I reminisce every time I slide it open.
    Using my 4 year old frankenpre and have 2 pre 2's after this one finally dies
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    I'm no longer using a WebOS phone since my last Pre 3 started getting flaky. However, I haven't found a replacement with the ease of WebOS. Most of the excitement was because of the homebrew commmunity. I thought nothing of patching just about every aspect of the OS, knowing how easy it was to blow it all away and get back up.

I still have plans to get at least one of my TouchPads running LuneOS again (I haven't had the time since an early version stopped working).

Bottom line is that I hang around just to feed on the energy of the remaining holdouts and bask in the spirit found here.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    My Pre 3 is no longer my daily phone. I keep it up to date as much as possible. My Pre+ is now used as an MP3 player. Two Touch Pads (one dual boots Android) round out my webOS collection. I also keep my old Palm T3 charged and used for games.

I come here to keep as current as possible - monitoring the luneOS improvements - and watching for (the increasingly rare) app updates.

My thanks to all who have contributed over the years. webOS and its community really are special.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    I'm using a Veer as my only mobile phone and a Touchpad for reading news or mails at home. I have no other mobile devices than webOS devices. My Touchpad has additional Android installed, but I haven't used Android for weeks (or months).
    The Veer has the correct size of fitting into my pocket. Before discovering my Veer I had bigger devices which weren't acceptable at all. I really like the possibility to customize webOS and to code additional apps that I wanted to have on my devices.
    I have to admit that I'm more a reading member than a writing member. This is often caused by a language barrier - it's not so easy to understand all topics or to write in a foreign language
    My goal is to use webOS as long as possible. I really appreciate the help I got here so far.
    frantid and MartinH@webos like this.
    Still going strong with my Pre3 (and so is my wife)... I've yet to find a better phone....

And my Touchpads have been the in the living room go-to while I look stuff up while watching something.

Every time I get tempted to try getting something else, I look at the specs, look at my Touchpad and go "nahhh". it still does everything I need.

The only caveat is not being able to get some apps for newer stuff, and slowly, more and more sites are being stupid or over code their pages, which just slows things to a crawl or don't load.

But worse case, I open Splashtop and access my desktop and do my browsing via it remotely.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    I know my feelings aren't very important and perhaps this is not the appropriate place to say this, but for me it's over.

It's the final straw that's broken the camel's back and I can't just sit here and watch this thing die because of some idiotic management decision. Don't tell me it can be saved or turned around. I'm out!

...Pretty sure HelloNNNewman agrees with me!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 04/28/2016 at 01:11 PM.
    petbull and ggendel like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I know my feelings aren't very important and perhaps this is not the appropriate place to say this, but for me it's over.

It's the final straw that's broken the camel's back and I can just sit here and watch this thing die because of some idiotic management decision. Don't tell me it can be saved or turned around. I'm out!

...Pretty sure HelloNNNewman agrees with me!
    Heh. Thought you were serious. Then checked the link. You ought to be accustomed to idiotic management decisions by now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
    Mutoidi likes this.
    I'm long past hoping for a webOS resurgence, but thanks to this forum I've been able to keep my devices alive, which include a Pre 2, a Pre 3, and two Touchpads. The Pre 3 would still be my driver but for three issues; no Facebook app, no Whatsapp, and its tendency to randomly restart itself at least twice a day at very inopportune moments, which I can't deal with because I use my phone alot for work.

That aside, I still use the Pre's with wifi and a surprising amount of my apps thankfully still work, including ESPN, Package Tracker, TED, Flixter, Classifieds2Go, Yelp, The Weather Channel, Song ID, Pandora, CNN, and the app I use the most, Stitcher, for listening to my favorite podcasts!

As for the Touchpads, one runs webOS, and the other runs Android 4.4.4. Both run fine, if a little clunky at times, and they're the only tablets I have, and frankly they're all I need!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HogansHero,

Are you getting the radar image to work on yours? It's been out of commission on mine for a couple of years.
    I can still get current, hourly, 36 Hour and 10 day but no radar.

Thanks,
    Kurt.
    Last edited by KURT B; 04/25/2016 at 10:30 PM.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    Hi KURT B

Yes, the radar image still works on mine...
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast