Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. bbjoe41's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi. I have a pixi that everytime it turns on, its trying to download some apps from the non-existing app catalog. & then it obviously fails its very annoying. Can anyone help make the system fotget that it wanted to download the apps?

    Deleting the app catalog folder didn't help. Thanks
  2. #2  
    Do you have the icons for these apps showing on the screen?

    Try holding the white button on the keyboard, and tap the icon.

    Choose delete.

    System apps you can normally not delete

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3. #3  
    That device was logged into upon first use back when the HP servers were still on for webOS. It clearly never finished its initial restore. The fastest way to correct that is in device info, reset options, erase apps and data. You'll have to bypass activation upon booting back into webOS which means using the devicetool for 1.x. Let us know if you need some links.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  4. bbjoe41's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    That device was logged into upon first use back when the HP servers were still on for webOS. It clearly never finished its initial restore. The fastest way to correct that is in device info, reset options, erase apps and data. You'll have to bypass activation upon booting back into webOS which means using the devicetool for 1.x. Let us know if you need some links.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I know the cause and I know reset will help
    I just want to know if its possible to make the device forget about those apps. Without a reset. Thanks
  5. bbjoe41's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Do you have the icons for these apps showing on the screen?

    Try holding the white button on the keyboard, and tap the icon.

    Choose delete.

    System apps you can normally not delete

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thanks for replying. The apps aren't actually on the device. The device tries to download it.

    System apps can be erased with internals on master mode
  6. #6  
    In the app list you can tap to cancel. When you get the yellow triangle, tap the triangle and I think you can tell it not to download it. Or try swiping the app in the list to the side and see if it will delete it.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  7. #7  
    If you can open the app list in the app catalog app, I believe there is also a menu item that will pause and/or cancel all active downloads. At that point, I can't remember how to delete them so it doesn't try again on the next reboot. All of my devices have been doctored and bypassed since the catalog shut down, so I can't explore it.
  8. bbjoe41's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    In the app list you can tap to cancel. When you get the yellow triangle, tap the triangle and I think you can tell it not to download it. Or try swiping the app in the list to the side and see if it will delete it.
    I deleted the entire com.palm.findapps folder in user/palm/applications.
    & the app catalog is removed
    It seems that it passes on the job of installing the app. To another part of the OS
  9. #9  
    Is it fixed? When you reboot does the app catalog come back?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  10. bbjoe41's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Is it fixed? When you reboot does the app catalog come back?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The app catalog didn't come back. But the app download failed does.
  11. #11  
    So are you simply apprehensive about the device wipe? We're here to help! You could have been fully restored at this point. Is it a GSM pixi plus?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE

Similar Threads

  1. App Catalog Update Download failed, Installation failed
    By DeinsPalm in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11/20/2014, 01:46 AM
  2. angry birds failed and not remove
    By sercanaktas in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08/17/2012, 02:35 PM
  3. Failed to Download
    By annkan in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07/30/2011, 06:08 PM
  4. Download failed
    By KallistiMan in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05/23/2010, 02:49 PM
  5. download failed...
    By jmakar169 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02/26/2010, 12:31 PM

Posting Permissions