Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By horzel
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I don't know if it was mentioned before, but I found it only today (after over 4 years).

In the messaging app. If you start typing dots, the text "Input message" in the the input field does not go awa as it normally does when you enter text but is displayed on top of this info.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I suppose it does not support inputting Morse code?

;-)

TJs11thPre and Mutoidi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJoe2 View Post
    I don't know if it was mentioned before, but I found it only today (after over 4 years).

In the messaging app. If you start typing dots, the text "Input message" in the the input field does not go awa as it normally does when you enter text but is displayed on top of this info.

I just tested this on my own device because i wasnt sure what you were talking about. But I've duplicated it.

But um, is it hindering you somehow?? I don't see it causing a conflict, just poor visual appearance.

Let me ask this instead:

How often do you try to type in a text field within the web browser, but after 1-2 characters the cursor jumps up to the Just Type bar?

This happens to me frequently. Now THAT is an annoying bug.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    poehoes likes this.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Hi,

Yeah, it is a funny bug whichh hinders productivity in no way.

The other bug you describing is a real pain in the a..!

Have others experienced that as well? And could anybody do anything about it?

Sometimes, I think, it helps to wait a bit before starting to type. I'm not quite sure if it always solves the problem but on some websites I could mittigate this behaviour by that way.

I guess somewhere is a universal feature which enables all input to be "just type" relevant and it is up to the app to override or disable that. And in some cases the browser app is "not fast" enough.

As you might guess this is just pure and wild speculation and the problem might be somewhere else completely.

I found another funny bug. I don't know if it's because of meta doctor, but if you slide and hold your finger on the gesture area going left or right, the lights just flicker but stay on. I've tested this on my pre2 and pre+ both on 2.2.4 meta.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B