Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By laingman
  1.    #1  
    To be discontinued in December so that mobilizer patch won't work any more. Deprecating Mobilizer

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Does anyone have a good solution for this? I need this as our aging web browser makes it difficult to render pages from links.
    From the article:
    Web Data Extraction Using Artificial Intelligence - Diffbot

Embedly makes your content more engaging and easier to share | Embedly

I don't use instapaper, but it looks like a 'dropbox for articles & videos'. For articles, perhaps Pocket is a solution?
    There are a number of webOS apps for this, including this recent one from Garfonso:
    MoboReader.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/02/2015 at 10:26 PM.
    There is also http://www.webosnation.com/winner

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive and Rnp like this.
  5.    #5  
    Also we have one app newsG that uses google mobilizer. Maybe can take a look to see how that is implemented. No option for font size tho

Preemptive likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Made an attempt at modifying the mobilizer patch to use google's mobilizer. Didn't work but will have to try again. Really need a way to deal with certain websites

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Also we have one app newsG that uses google mobilizer. Maybe can take a look to see how that is implemented. No option for font size tho ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I think wInNeR, as Herrie linked to, uses Google mobile proxy, which may be the same thing as Google mobilizer.

I really like using wInNeR to view webpages in a larger font size (any size you like), in Night Mode (white text on a black background), and in Full Screen mode (tap & hold screen to activate). This is similar to Instapaper's Mobilizer, but better.

I was hoping 72KA, the creator of wInNeR, would add a way to open a webpage being viewed in the Web app in a similar way to how your Mobilizer patch works, by using the Page menu, but unfortunately 72KA has stopped working on wInNeR.

Have you had a chance to use wInNeR much? Maybe your Mobilizer patch can be enhanced to launch the wInNeR app from within the Web app for the webpage currently being viewed?

Maybe 72KA would be willing to share his source code of wInNeR with you so you can improve it more and make it be a smooth Instapaper Mobilizer replacement. That would be wonderful!

wInNeR feedback forum:
    webOS Intelligent News Reader - "wInNeR"
    Last edited by UI Designer; 10/23/2015 at 05:42 AM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by UI Designer View Post
    I think wInNeR, as Herrie linked to, uses Google mobile proxy, which may be the same thing as Google mobilizer.

I really like using wInNeR to view webpages in a larger font size (any size you like), in Night Mode (white text on a black background), and in Full Screen mode (tap & hold screen to activate). This is similar to Instapaper's Mobilizer, but better.

I was hoping 72KA, the creator of wInNeR, would add a way to open a webpage being viewed in the Web app in a similar way to how your Mobilizer patch works, by using the Page menu, but unfortunately 72KA has stopped working on wInNeR.

Have you had a chance to use wInNeR much? Maybe your Mobilizer patch can be enhanced to launch the wInNeR app from within the Web app for the webpage currently being viewed?

Maybe 72KA would be willing to share his source code of wInNeR with you so you can improve it more and make it be a smooth Instapaper Mobilizer replacement. That would be wonderful!

wInNeR feedback forum:
    webOS Intelligent News Reader - "wInNeR"
    WinNeR does not work for me, gets stuck loading next part. Probly cause I am on 2.1.

But anyways I don't have the skills to even attempt what you suggested.

This maybe the end for me, I can't imagine not being able to comfortably read articles anymore.

Thing is not too many seems to use mobilizer, I wonder how they deal with crappy websites and all that spinning and loading

9.    #9  
    Well they did take the instapaper mobilizer away, BOOO http://blog.instapaper.com/post/130272576931

What I have done is to bookmark google's mobilizer website: http://www.google.com/gwt/n

and copy the url of the site that I wish to read into there. A few more steps but its worth it as there are still sites out there that are unreadable even in landscape