Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    Well now that's a shame. I have the ebay app but I prefer the mobil site so I can zoom in to get a good look at the pics. They killing us slowly for sure

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2. #2  
    Yeah.. Ebay has been screwed up for a while, but now they've killed it for us. And I almost guarantee it's just simple browser sniffing and most of the site would actually work fine. User agent patches can confirm that, but I don't want to use them.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
  3. #3  
    eBay.ca still worked properly the last time I used it on my pre3. Maybe you could register there. The prices are almost all in $US, most sellers are in the US, and almost everyone ships internationally.

    Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
  4. #4  
    I noticed this the other day as well.

    Bummer...I use the Auctionmate Pro app but it sometimes does not provide shipping costs.

    Just another chink in the armor for me, but it was nice to have Ebay mobile.

    Laingman - do you happen to have a copy of the Ebay ipk to share??


    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  5. #5  
    The desktop site works well on my pre3 spoofing as a desktop. Grant you you have to zoom and move around quite a bit, but it works. I use auctionmate pro as well.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    I noticed this the other day as well.

    Bummer...I use the Auctionmate Pro app but it sometimes does not provide shipping costs.

    Just another chink in the armor for me, but it was nice to have Ebay mobile.

    Laingman - do you happen to have a copy of the Ebay ipk to share??


    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I only have the auctionmate pro and possibly the regular one, if that is what you want pm email address
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yeah.. Ebay has been screwed up for a while, but now they've killed it for us. And I almost guarantee it's just simple browser sniffing and most of the site would actually work fine. User agent patches can confirm that, but I don't want to use them.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Yeah, I hate when companies go to the extent of blocking browsers, its almost rude. I also use an extinct desktop browser and had to do my turbotax in some other bowser. I was way out of my comfort zone and wanted to cry.

    Pretty sure they are doing this because of some kinda security concern.
    Last edited by laingman; 07/10/2015 at 01:28 AM.
  8. #8  
    I had a thought.

    Some people have despaired of certain websites being badly designed and built 'screenscraper' sites. These extract the relevant data and represent it in a clearer way.

    It might be possible (don't hold your breath) for someone to construct a webOS site that acted as a 'compatibilty layer' (remember those?) to 'unfriendly' services. It might be similar to the way the old 'blazer' service optimised websites for PalmOS devices (and GPRS).

    The problem I see might be the payment process. This could be seen as a 'person in the middle' attack, But perhaps that final step could be sent as a link and then you enable your user agent patch to complete a transaction. Of course, the legacy OpenSSL is dated like other parts of the system. I'd be wary of making payments with it...

    Personally, I use a computer for this stuff and the phone for casual browsing, but once you can do something 'on the go' I suppose people do.
    eKeith likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Well now that's a shame. I have the ebay app but I prefer the mobil site so I can zoom in to get a good look at the pics. They killing us slowly for sure

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I had a problem with AuctionMate. I changed from default to US and it started working.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Well now that's a shame. I have the ebay app but I prefer the mobil site so I can zoom in to get a good look at the pics. They killing us slowly for sure

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I had a problem with AuctionMate. I changed from default to US and it started working.

Similar Threads

  1. SaleZ - the eBay App for your webOS device
    By zefanja in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03/14/2011, 04:18 AM
  2. Ebay Seller/can't log into My ebay/Newbie/NOT Tech Savvy :-)
    By kayleezmom in forum Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08/29/2007, 08:12 PM
  3. ebay.com uses a treo to show ebay mobile?
    By dport in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07/18/2006, 10:45 AM
  4. Dataviz lists 650 as supported device
    By pmdied in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11/07/2004, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions