Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Hi,

I wiped my old Veer and wanted to get it back into action.

So I started it, put my SIM card in - everything fine. But it seems that I cannot log into my palm profile, which at first sounded reasonable to me, as the servers are said to be down.

What can I do in order to skip the palm profile part of the setup?

Actually I just want to use my veer as little information device for calender entries etc ...
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    You can use devicetool.jar, Nova Device Installer or create a custom Doctor to bypass first use.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Is there any description / documentation for any of these methods anywhere?
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    Search the forums for devicetool.jar and you'll find quite a few recent threads. I have posted a Dropbox link a couple times recently for a modified version that works with the Veer and other 2.x phones and Touchpads.
    Can't #*DEVMODE# or ##DEVMODE# be typed into dialer through "emergency call", developer mode turned on, and reboot??
    Sometimes the devmode dialer codes don't get the job done and the bypass tool is required, so I have gotten into the habit of always using it. I think most often it is when doing a full erase on a device already in dev mode, or after a meta-doctor that enables dev mode by default, but still takes you to the first use screen. It's worth trying the dialer codes first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Sometimes the devmode dialer codes don't get the job done and the bypass tool is required, so I have gotten into the habit of always using it. I think most often it is when doing a full erase on a device already in dev mode, or after a meta-doctor that enables dev mode by default, but still takes you to the first use screen. It's worth trying the dialer codes first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Never had that once on any 2.x phone. you can always at the sim prompt enter 911 then #*DEVMODE# and skip first use on any 2.x phone i have ever seen. If it was already in dev mode, you can turn dev mode off that way, then you can reboot it, and do it again to turn it back on and it will skip first use.

Devicetool.jar is only needed for 1.x and 3.x devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    Never had that once on any 2.x phone. you can always at the sim prompt enter 911 then #*DEVMODE# and skip first use on any 2.x phone i have ever seen. If it was already in dev mode, you can turn dev mode off that way, then you can reboot it, and do it again to turn it back on and it will skip first use.

Devicetool.jar is only needed for 1.x and 3.x devices.
    I can't explain why, but I have had this happen several times on Pre2's, Pre3's, and Veers. It will come up with devmode on already, and when I turn it off and reboot it, it doesn't stay off, but comes back up already on, so it never gets to the point of actually bypassing first-use. Yet prior to that, I had been able to do what you describe several times before and once recently. Definitely weird.