Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #1  
    As the HP servers have been shutdown and there is no more cloud services, we all know the legacy webOS user base is shrinking.

My question is (out of curiosity) which webOS device do you think is the most used currently ? The original Pre ? Pixi ? Veer ? TouchPad ? I think maybe TouchPad is the most popular webOS device currently in use, and I think the Pre 3 is the least popular (meaning it has the least amount of users).

What you guys are thinking ?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    TouchPad or Pre3 I think.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'd guess TP due to firesale & flexibility.
    It's most likely the TP, since nearly 1 million of these devices hit circulation.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    The Pre3 was never released in North America and limited run on Europe.

The Pre2 is a great phone, but for anyone that switched to a Pre3, it's hard to go back.

The Touchpad, as others stated, sold so many and still warrants decent prices for an older tablet.

So the Touchpad is probably the most active device, as many have switched phones, but if the Touchpad does fill their needs, people wouldn't pay for another tablet for the heck of it.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    All said is true. Though I think progress did outdate the touchpad far more than the Pre3. I have both. The Touchpad collects dust for about a year now, because it is mostly very heavy compared to newer Android or iOS models.

The Pre3 on the other hand is (at least as a phone for business usage) nearly unsurpassed. It has a nearly as good working keyboard as it had out of the box. The runtime is acceptable. The cpu is fast enough to do most multitasking all day. With Microsoft exchange still running and the (new) cdav support everything I need in my daily (business) life is working fine and fast

Only if whatsapp would work again ...
    Rnp likes this.
    It's a shame Google Analytics don't count all devices. I could give you statistics of pivotCE users, but I see only who is using a HP TouchPad and who a Palm Pre. No Pre 3, Veer etc
    OP questions 'webOS Device'.. and I would agree that the Touchpad wins by a large margin.. BUT, how many are actually now running Android 90-100% of the time.. and since 'TP Toolbox', may have eliminated webOS entirely? Is it then still technically a 'webOS Device'?

Hhmm..

But that's the beauty of the community at large.. and the device.

Long-live the Touchpad! I use mine every day, still.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    davodego likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    OP questions 'webOS Device'.. and I would agree that the Touchpad wins by a large margin.. BUT, how many are actually now running Android 90-100% of the time.. and since 'TP Toolbox', may have eliminated webOS entirely? Is it then still technically a 'webOS Device'?

Hhmm..

But that's the beauty of the community at large.. and the device.

Long-live the Touchpad! I use mine every day, still.

Indeed, a touchpad running only android is not a webOS device at all. I use a touchpad oncein a while still (webOS) and a pre3 as my daily phone.
  10.    #10  
    Ok, I try of making a list from most used to least used webOS device :
    1. HP TouchPad (due to fire sale).

Then what is number two in this list ? You are correct as well, a TouchPad running only Android does not count. If you wanted an Android-only tablet anyways, there is much better hardware available to choose from than a bulky TouchPad, so removing webOS from the TouchPad is pointless to my opinion...

Well I have the PrePlus,PixiPlus, Pre2, Pre3, Veer, Touchpad, and access to a Touchpad Go....

I would say the most used device is the Pre2 as it can be on almost every network via Franken Style...

Next I would put the Touchpad, then Pre3...

The Pre/PrePlus/Pixi/PixiPlus although I know there are a few who still use them I would say they are low in usage in general...

Although I use almost every webOS device I own on a daily basis for their use cases I have them for...
    You could take a look at sales stats for sold listings of each model on eBay. Would show some trends to make an educated guess.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Just a TV at this point. My phones are all in boxes, and my touchpads have all been switched to Android. I pretty much only use even the Android touchpads as alarm clocks or web-browsing-from-bed devices, unless I'm traveling. When traveling, I do all my social media from the android touchpad, though.

One of the touchpads is getting LuneOS soon, though. Just got it back from my daughter with a completely reset webOS on it (apparently it just decided one day, it was going to reset..) .. so that's going to be my LuneOS device.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  14.    #14  
    Ok, well let me ask this : which webOS devices you guys have seen most often in public ? For me, I have seen 3 Palm Pixi Plus (which is the one I seen the most often), 2 Palm Pre, 1 Palm Pre Plus, and I have seen 0 HP Veer, Pre 2, Pre 3, and 0 TouchPads.

I saw someone else using a TouchPad once on an airplane.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    For me, going to be my brand new TV.
    eblade and xandros9 like this.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I saw someone else using a TouchPad once on an airplane.
    I get excited seeing webOS devices in public 😊
  18.    #18  
    My cousin's friend had a Pixi Plus. I saw someone at school with a Pre Plus. My aunt had a Sprint Pre 😊
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I wonder why not more people mention the Veer, looking at ebay sales, it was quite wide available as well, have just it for a long time, currently running a Franken Euro Pre 3 with amer 16 GB though

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    A journalist I know used a Pre3 wich he was given at a press event. He loved it. A coworker used another Pre3 for years before switching to the Nexus. I think in germany it wasn't as rare as in the U.S. I also once met another guy with a Veer. That's it. ;-/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast