Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    1. My previous frankenPre had Tux the Linux penguin on startup, before the glowing HP symbol. On my new build, he's not there. I thought he came with the install of uberK. But I've uninstalled and reinstalled govnah and uberK and still no Tux.

2. Also, in govnah, the graphs only refresh and scroll onward on the main page. Select any one stat and the graph in full screen view does not move. Is this normal? Doesn't seem right.

3. Id like to replace the glowing HP logo with the old palm logo. Anyone make a patch for that?

TIA!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    2. Maybe check polling speed in UK?

3. I think you just change the images. There will be a thread. I think there are only two: Glow on, glow off.
    He came from your meta-doctor build... But the default meta-doctor scripts by default put the TUX as the boot image, it is replaceable via modifying your script, or on the device you can update the boot image...

Remove penguin boot logo

My Go/Veer/Pixi/Pre webOS meta-doctor builds use the HP Logo as they were trying to get to a if HP would have released a doctor what would it look like...

If I remember from reading your update to your new Franken Pre you are using a none-CDMA Pre2, so it the you might have used the default Pre2 Doctor's without any Sprint modifications (which are not needed on a GSM device)
    TJs11thPre and cbosdell like this.
  4.    #4  
    Oh right, he comes with the meta doctor I used on the VZN donor, not the GSM donor.

Thanks for chiming in, John. Hope all is well with you!

I'll investigate restoring my preferred boot images but if I can't do it via Internals Pro and rebooting I'm leaving it as is.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    2. Maybe check polling speed in UK?

3. I think you just change the images. There will be a thread. I think there are only two: Glow on, glow off.
    The poll is at 5 seconds and behaving appropriately on the page displaying all graphs.

Only the individual graphs don't update and scroll along.

I didn't notice separate poll interval settings per view, but I will check again.
  6.    #6  
    So thanks to John's link, I found instructions to modify the boot screen image here:

Patch webOS Boot Themes

And I would have changed it to the original glowing Palm logo except,

In the specified folder, were two other images, palm-logo-blue and -orange. I copied renamed and moved back.

Now I have a unique blue/orange alternating logo. Its unique, and kind of upgrade feeling in that I'm going from b/w to color, as well as HP to Palm.

Easy as pie on device with internalz pro as the instruction page described.

Anything new on device is fun!